Official Round 3 - Dogs vs Tigers - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHN and Foran were massive for us, okunbur and meaney have been great, Napa was solid, repeat that effort for the second half lads. That's my footy team fuck yeha!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meaney looks very good so far..

Okunbur has played very well and looks like he belongs.

CHN has been phenomenal..

Martin has done his job...

See what happens when changes are made to an underperforming team and when the right guys are played?

People might say we told you so about Pay but we'd say we told you so about Pay also because we do have some good players, they just have to play in their best positions!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
HT SUMMARY
CHN proving his worth starting at 2nd row
Jacko is a workhorse at lock
Okunbor and Smith providing good go forward
Loving the pace Meaney brings at FB
Foran plays better when he loses the top knot
Good effort overall

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best players for me corey killing it in the forwards. Meaney is lightning, okunbur is so powerful and fast, foran has control with The prince. Marshall great game

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I won’t get too excited as I think the big breeze has been a factor, but an excellent first half by us!

I’m concerned they’ll try and pin us and we haven’t been great coming out from our own end this year...

Okunbour has some awesome leg drive, this has helped build the sets!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ummm who the hell are these guys!? This is the best 40min I've seen us play in a very long time! Great defence and crisp in attack!

Meaney amazing in attack and defence so far keep it up!

Wingers big and strong and winning the battle easily!

Hopoate shocking me how well he's going at Centre at the moment, and even Holland's making those half breaks again!

Lewis making the odd mistake, but he's giving it a damn go! Those passes to Okunbor are on point! Foran playing like old Foran at the moment.

Jackson belongs in the middle. Never want to see him on the edge again!

Martin is back and turning those tries into 6 pointers!

And wow how about CHN!!!!!???? Why was this guy so far back on the pecking order? Both he and Martin should've been first picked.

Please please please keep this up Doggies! I need this for my health! lol

EDIT: Shit I forgot JMK! He's a confidence player and it's all coming out today! Lichaa please stay on the bench!

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The negativity on this site has been woeful of late ... The Dean Pay haters can suck an egg as. He's a progressive coach that has made some good calls.
Go the doggies!!
not exactly true... I hated Pay because he wouldn't play Meaney, had CHN on the bench and Jackson not playing lock, these changes were made today on wow we are winning. The Pay bashing was justified imo

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm guessing Maguire is a shit coach given the Tigers are down by 18 at halftime?

A great example of when a coach couldn't have done anything to change what's happened out there.

did his team gave away cricket scores in first 2 games of the season?

did he play players out of position?

NO!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chn looks so good out wide,the best half ive seen us play for a long time in particular our wrapping up the ball in defence weve been poor in that area for a long time

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN and Jackson 80 minute players with great attack options - CHN is on fire!
Definitely a better back row! RFM can come and play in the middle as far as I'm concerned.
Interesting that Martin started in place if Elliot too. Well done Pay. It worked a great.
Big shout out to Foran. Playing his ass off, injured and all. Eat a dick all you Foran haters.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proud to say through the last 2 rounds and last year I’ve backed pay Foran Lewis and Meaney and jmk. This is the team going forward the speed Meaney has is what we’re missing and perfect game for Meaney and Okunbor to gain the confidence. The mental game is what you need when your starting off don’t care what sport , confidence is psychological

Status
Not open for further replies.