Official Round 3 - Dogs vs Tigers - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really hope Lewis can find his form in attack because he has definitely been valuable defensively, especially today helping out Holland and Okunbor
Lachie struggled with his kicking game and last tackle options today hopefully it’s just a matter of time before it clicks.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope Lewis can find his form in attack because he has definitely been valuable defensively, especially today helping out Holland and Okunbor
He had a great attacking game today. Was good last week as well. With this team we would’ve won last week. With Crichton and Montoya you cant compete with a football team at any level.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That ill-disciplined period between 60-65 mins — where Holland (stupidly) got penalised for 4th tackle strip when Tigers were going nowhere, Lichaa forced an unnecessary pass for a knock-on and Lewis kicked out on the full trying to bend it like Beckham — wouldn’t go unpunished by better opposition. I hope Pay bakes them for this in the video session.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I said it a while back. Meaney reminds me of Patten. He will slowly develop into a really good fullback as he gets more FG games under his belt. He is definitely a player to persist with. You can’t teach speed!
I freaking hope so Patten was a champion fullback. Did enjoy seeing Meaney have a run after picking up the loose ball. Kid has got some pace.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We still got punished in the crime count

8-3

That’s fkn heaps considering this season refs are not giving teams penalties
Most of those were bullshit penalties too mind you.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
We still got punished in the crime count

8-3

That’s fkn heaps considering this season refs are not giving teams penalties
Also we got a couple stripped off us for no penalty and two knock ons from the Tigpies not called. Also pinned us in our own in goal when the chasers were offside.

Just standard officiating for most of our games.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cant recall many members calling for Tolman, Foran, Elliott, Meaney, Okunbor, JMK, etc to be picked.
But they were our best today.
I disagree actually most on here were pretty on the money about picking meaney jacko to lock elliott to bench and martin and ogden in i was one of the few thats been banging on about jmk being a good 9 but pays selections initially in round 1 were average tbh you cant deny that ogden and martin killed it late last year but he drops them fmd he worries me that he wont piss licha off now

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I disagree actually most on here were pretty on the money about picking meaney jacko to lock elliott to bench and martin and ogden in i was one of the few thats been banging on about jmk being a good 9 but pays selections initially in round 1 were average tbh you cant deny that ogden and martin killed it late last year but he drops them fmd he worries me that he wont piss licha off now
It was obvious as hell to blind Freddy that Lichaa disrupted the attack when he came on and put pressure on the runners. Surely the coach saw it too :grinning:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He had a great attacking game today. Was good last week as well. With this team we would’ve won last week. With Crichton and Montoya you cant compete with a football team at any level.
He was better yes, but not at his best

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Once this team really start to gel and combinations get stronger, we will be a very hard gritty team to come up against.. that win comes with lots of Trust/confidence, and as a group they will only get better....
had been a long time since I was able to cheer an feel so good About a performance like that, was a real team play real footy out there an looked FANTASTIC..!!!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A tough tough win..and a timely one.. Well played and..well coached..

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh I’m more surprised how well Hoppa went at centre.

His defence is tight, which makes me believe last years leakages were pretty much down to Montoya. The guy must be exiled from fg.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You don’t think Lewis had some shocking kicks and last tackle options? That 40/20 attempt that went dead can be a game changer.
I agree with you Spoonman (and KE in a similar post). Last kick options, particularly when playing into the wind, would have been better served be placing grubbers into the in goal area to try for repeat sets or just low kicks into the corners. There's no doubt that Lewis will learn this and add them as part of his arsenal for the future. He's a good kid.
Go Doggies!!!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So to be a negative nancy.

The changes some of us wanted were finally made (Martin in, JJ to lock, sacking montoya, Ogden on). Hence I'm concerned about how Pay can't see the obvious.

2nd, our team looked a lot more fresh and given that Maguire is known for an elite fitness of his teams, we matched it with the tigers. But also us looking a lot more fresh this game compared to the last two, does this give credence to the rumour that pay was flogging our team on the captains run for the first two rounds? If so again it's a negative mark on Pay.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One concern I have about this win was the nature of our tries... none resulted from a crisp set play / through the hands and might even be considered a bit fortuitous.

Not that it really matters how we score them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One concern I have about this win was the nature of our tries... none resulted from a crisp set play / through the hands and might even be considered a bit fortuitous.

Not that it really matters how we score them.
Disagree that that was concerning. Don't forget we also got held up over the line 2 or 3 times that with a bit of luck could also have been tries. Very easily we could have been up 24-0 at HT and before tigers scored leading by 30-0

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2nd, our team looked a lot more fresh and given that Maguire is known for an elite fitness of his teams, we matched it with the tigers. But also us looking a lot more fresh this game compared to the last two, does this give credence to the rumour that pay was flogging our team on the captains run for the first two rounds? If so again it's a negative mark on Pay.
Well that's just speculation, isn't it.

Besides, my understanding of "the captain's run" is that the session means exactly that -- it's run and led by the captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.