Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve missed many posts above so sorry if this has already been called out but it seems the main issue is we’re not an 80min team (yet). Pleased to get the win and the conditions were atrocious for footy today but if we’re going to go anywhere in this comp we’ve gotta be able to play the entire game. I’m sure Ciro knows that and will keep working on it. In the meantime I’ll channel Meatloaf: ‘Two Outta Three Ain’t Bad’…

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn‘t smart by Ciro not to use Okky. An extremely hot day where we clearly suffered at stages, not using any bench player let along a big mobile one, seems a but foolish.

Edit: Like everyone else the capitulation towards the end was disappointing, but I’ll take the win. We were out on our feet and not getting the rub of the green didn’t help, plus the Tigs actually started playing some decent footy when Wakes came on.
Yeah, really should have injected OK well before the 65th minute.

The use of the bench and interchange timings should have been worked out last Tuesday-Thursday when the team was announced and they knew it would be a hot day.

The only thing to influence it would be injuries, HIA or sin bins.

It may have been a case of them wanting to put OK on with 10 to go and the Tigers try altered their thought, but even after 3 tries they didn't budge, so the whole use of bench spot was wasted.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You lead with "waddel needs to fuck off with his penalties". Seriously, get the fuck over it! 1 penalty for a high shot. Clearly you have no fucking idea, just hate waddell.
Clearly, no idea, you give away a penalty for a high shot, in those conditions and are you saying he never gives away penalties? We needed a decent defensive effort, he didn’t do it, he never does, fuck off idiot, you clearly have brain that can only handle so much. Go light a match at watch it for a while.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What was the point of having okunbor on the bench… we looked gassed asf in the last 10 he should of came on to help out in the middle. Or chuck Topine in

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tigers' forum in meltdown as they are calling Wakeham to replace Brooks lol
Can't say I blame them for wanting Wakeham in the halves. They're lacking an organising half. AD is soft AF and can't control a game. His opinion of himself is miles ahead of his ability. You see him blaming everyone else on the field when something goes wrong. Brooks' only strength is his running game, which isn't great when he's in the 7. By all reports, Wakeham has been doing well in NSW Cup for them. They need to sign a real half for 2024 but Wakeham probably can't do worse than what Brooks/AD have for now.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone should ask Gus why CC didn't use okunbor and see what he says lol
It was weird in the conditions..,Reed trying shut shop…there was still long way for the game to go ..we needed fresh legs to keep attacking.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fkn idiots. Wakeham comes on after everyone else has played 65 minutes in 36deg?
Even I’d have carved up if you through me out there, then.
Yep wait until they see him play 80 mins lol
Other than some speed in open play Brooks offers nothing however.
Api looks frustrated no doubt Bateman will be too.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just got back from the game, I have never felt so proud to be an Australian or a Dogs supporter.
ANNND WE BROKE THE BELMORE CURSE!
The atmosphere looked great. The crowd really were into it with their chanting and support. The supporters are forgiving and desperate to celebrate some success with the team. Bulldogs. Bulldogs... sounded like old times. So good to hear. Such a pity we fell off the intensity and let them back into the game. We were streets ahead of them and the fans would have been delirious if the pla8yers could have delivered a big win.

Happy about the 2 points but we are still negative points for/against. A long way to go but we are def well into the journey :grinning:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've watched the highlights back from Channel 9. LMAO how salty is that bitch Thompson, as well as Fittler & Johns in commentary. They sounded so lethargic when we scored tries, then you hear them yelling when Tigers scored and getting excited.

Suck shit you biased unprofessional poor excuses for commentators.