Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not being negative or critical of the team but I will make these points...
We almost lost the game as a result of the first half's mistakes
1. A miss tackle by King led to a try
2. Bad pass by King cost us a try
3. A pass by Preston on the line finger tipped by the Tigpies cot another try
To add salt to the wound their second try had a blatant forward pass leading to it.
Importantly, Burton's try was a prime example why we need a better halfback, what a pass by Mahoney !

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue is I saw king on his knees when tigers go there first. They kept running at him as he couldn’t keep up and was completely gased. Wouldn’t you interchange him! Whakeham saw it and kept at it. Love king as he played his heart out but it was unfair to keep him out there when he could barely walk.
Highlights the lack of middles availanle yo play first grade - there isnt confidnec in Okunbor or Tanner to play many minutes so they leave king etc out there longer

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers had the ref, touch judges, and Sutton basically helping them the whole game, and we beat them!! This win should help us for the year ahead.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Zero point having Okunbor on the bench if you aren’t going to play him. Bench rotations and the 36+ degree heat is what caused that collapse. We won’t hopefully have to play in those conditions again for the season. I would be getting someone else for Okunbor, i think surely Davey, Sam Hughes are coming back into the mix next week.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Zero point having Okunbor on the bench if you aren’t going to play him. Bench rotations and the 36+ degree heat is what caused that collapse. We won’t hopefully have to play in those conditions again for the season. I would be getting someone else for Okunbor, i think surely Davey, Sam Hughes are coming back into the mix next week.
I can safely say Auckland will be 20 degrees with a lot of Breeze

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
any chance tpj is back next wk or will he back for cowboys game?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree completely.
I’m happy for okunbour to be there… if they’re going to use him. But On a day like today, you need to use everyone.