Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players will not go into the match assuming anything, that’s the impression I got Mahoney and I hope that’s true.

last thing I want is them being cocky and underestimating the tigers, I’d rather we come out expecting a battle and challenge and be ready for it vs a expectation of last weeks tigers.

what worries me is the pressure on the club to win after beating the storm last week, not from within the club but from the media.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's getting even hotter for Sunday, they should reschedule the game imo.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's getting even hotter for Sunday, they should reschedule the game imo.
Yeah I was gonna make the 2 hr drive for this one since the draw came out but sitting on the hill in 36 degree heat will kill me. I'm sad

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if Ciraldo sees Okombur as a potential forward, have always thought that he had more potential as a forward than a winger.
He was always a forward before he made his first grade debut

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember hearing he used to play in the 2nd row
I remember when he first came on the scene back in Des days, was an edge forward in lower grades, then they put him out wide. Ciro has probably identified that his balls have dropped and so using him as forward on the bench.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They'll be fired up, but that only works for about 5 to 10 minutes and then your fitness level starts to show and if you don't get some result during the adrenalin rush it can have a negative impact. Our only concern is that our boys underestimate them and go in cruisin.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember when he first came on the scene back in Des days, was an edge forward in lower grades, then they put him out wide. Ciro has probably identified that his balls have dropped and so using him as forward on the bench.
Utility value, can slot in as wing or centre backup but has the size to mix it up in the forwards - clever. Brown is fairly versatile also… considering players available, CC has a capable rotation.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonder if Ciraldo sees Okombur as a potential forward, have always thought that he had more potential as a forward than a winger.
I always thought, if he could get his hands right, he'd make a decent forward. A forward who can do this on his best day. Shame his best and worst days have been apples and oranges.