Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We haven't won a NRL game at Belmore since 9th July, 2017 against the Knights. Danger game for us!

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your assessment of the ref yesterday? :grinning:
I thought Chris Butler had a reasonably good game. 8/10. Got most of the big calls right. He wasn’t in the best position to rule on the Preston try as he wasn’t in the in goal area to see the initial grounding. I can accept him sending it upstairs as a no try, but the video ref got it right.

He didn’t make any howlers that went against us and got the 2 sin bins right.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing that scares me is Saturday is gonna be 37 degrees hot. The game we played manly in round 1 was similar conditions and we absolutely where gassed by the first 30 minutes and never recovered I fear this game can play out the same way

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think this is a danger game, and that it just got tougher with WT being 0-2. They’ll be fired up, embarrassed and desperate. We’ll take plenty of confidence from this weeks win but we need to make sure we turn up and switched on.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thing that scares me is Saturday is gonna be 37 degrees hot. The game we played manly in round 1 was similar conditions and we absolutely where gassed by the first 30 minutes and never recovered I fear this game can play out the same way
Manly look a lot fitter than tigers though. Did you see them yesterday? Hopeless

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope all week CC will be reminding these blokes we haven't won at Belmore in 6 years or something.
We are playing on Sunday, will be slighly cooler than Saturday but yeah still something to raise.

Can Cityrail do us a favour and activate peak trains on Sunday so we can get consistent breeze from the Belmore to City and City to Belmore line? Cheers

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just got to be weary of the Tiger bounce back factor......... Bwahaha
I would imagine Gus, CC and the old boys (Mase, Ryan, Omeley etc) will be talking all week about the fact we haven't won at Belmore in 6 years. This should hopefully fire up the lads.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We just got to be weary of the Tiger bounce back factor......... Bwahaha
The bagging they are copping from all fronts is massive. They will be better and fired up...or if not ...wow ....The End :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought Chris Butler had a reasonably good game. 8/10. Got most of the big calls right. He wasn’t in the best position to rule on the Preston try as he wasn’t in the in goal area to see the initial grounding. I can accept him sending it upstairs as a no try, but the video ref got it right.

He didn’t make any howlers that went against us and got the 2 sin bins right.
We still get caned in the 6 again department. I agree with your assessment but I thought he was inconsistent with those. There were a few pedantic Storm 6agains and a fair few times the ref could have given us a few. Sometimes they fell all over us and nope no 6 again for us, and Storms tactic of hand on the ball at the ptb is blatant.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are due for a win at Belmore. I reckon if we play like last week we win. No doubt tigers will put up a fight, but we should win (pending on the ref and the form of both teams).

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my ticket for the grandstand and will be getting my "Leb on" and driving in from North Narrabeen, can't wait, I think (hope...) we will break the Belmore curse this game...
If we take a closer look at “the Belmore curse” it may just be coincidence, or the fact that most of the games there in recent times were against quality teams.

Looking at results at BSG from up to 6 years ago, we beat Newcastle in 2017, lost to GC and Canberra in 2018 (by 4pts and Canberra made the GF the year after), lost to Storm in 2019, lost to Drags in 2022. So it’s not that the fact the teams that beat us were good. Some were, but it was probably more the fact that we’ve endured the worst performing long stretch than I’ve ever experienced before. I have had it pretty good, actively supporting the club since the early 90s. Those that were present in the 80s had it even better. Anyway, going off on a tangent there.

It’s disappointing to lose at our spiritual home. You would think training there they’d know it like the back of their hands. I think it’s only been the last few years they’ve trained there though? Used to be at Sydney Olympic precinct iirc.

I may be looking through rose coloured glasses, but it feels like we won the vast majority of games at BSG in the 90s and 2000s, but we did have a good team for most of that period. Anyway, hopefully it’s a classic atmosphere this weekend as it has all the makings of one.

I noticed when looking at the results that we’re playing Brisbane at BSG later in the season. That should be interesting.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
K true but only danger is for a side to think the games a doddle. Turn up and snatch the 2 points
But there is 0 structure in their attack. Bloody hell the errors, sideways running, not genuine hard runners.
Massive mistake putting Sheen's and Benji there. There's other decent coaches looking for work.
FMS they could've reached out to Desi, Flanno be a lot better than the useless coaching staff they have.
They also have Furner as their defence coach and we all know how that horror movie ends