Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sutton was lucky to not get charged for his late hit. Needs to get that out of his game because he did it against Cronulla in the trial too and the NRL don't need an excuse to bin and suspend a player at the moment.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sutton was lucky to not get charged for his late hit. Needs to get that out of his game because he did it against Cronulla in the trial too and the NRL don't need an excuse to bin and suspend a player at the moment.
I think it was good.. clean shot, not late.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers will be without Talau
That was interesting stuff with Hastings after the bell.

I know for a fact that he was disliked by players during his time at The Roosters.

Described to me as being a real prick.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This has been in my thoughts as well, Strom were poor. However, at least part of the reason they were poor is because of us, and the fact is that they did come back strong in the last 30 minutes in terms of game play, but we found a way to win quite well in the end. At the end of the game we only had 1 more line break, and our completion rate, error count, and play the ball speed were all worse than Strom. It was a good win, we certainly turned up. We need to improve, but the signs are there, and it wasn't down to Strom having a bad game (not all of it anyway).
I have been saying for years that the key to beating the Storm is offloads.They are the masters of the dominant tackle, so when your forwards go forward, you must offload as much as possible in order to reorganise their defensive wall and thus prevent a slow play the ball. The first try when King offloaded and Preston scored is a classic example of this. Our ball movement was really good for most of the night.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it was good.. clean shot, not late.
He hit him in the ribs but it was pretty late. The one against Cronulla was obviously late. Just saying he needs to watch it as they penalise those hits very heavily off the ball

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That Captains challenge by Dominic Young after the sin bin, is undoubtedly the worst one i have ever seen.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Much is being made about Melbourne being down on players, but the reality is that side still had Grant,NAS,Welch,Hughes’s and is coached by Craig Bellamy, we dominated that side for sixty minutes and we did it without Thompson,TPJ and a halfback.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Now the lebos, wogs and Asians all hang out together and hate the islanders
Lol.. all us ethnics all hang out and get along together now, we have a common enemy trying to hold us back plus various other traits and cultural behaviours we share

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Idgaf about any hoodoo at Belmore(like many I don't get why we have underachieved there of late, ill put it down to being mostly shit in recent years).
With momentum and the spark in the joint now after that win we need to and will give these Tiger fkrs a fair rogering.
Less errors In the second half will help, we should have learnt from that last 30 against the Storm.
Bullish we will win fuck i wish I could be there.
I loved going to Belmore was not a "footy snob" meself lol, used to set up a couple of blankets on the hill for our group and enjoy watching at least two grades, sun shining plastic cup beers flowing, shelled peanuts and hotdogs.

Apologies, when ppl get older like me they reminisce and in my case want to wind the clock way back :laughing:
Screenshot_20230312_165248_Chrome.jpg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have been saying for years that the key to beating the Storm is offloads.They are the masters of the dominant tackle, so when your forwards go forward, you must offload as much as possible in order to reorganise their defensive wall and thus prevent a slow play the ball. The first try when King offloaded and Preston scored is a classic example of this. Our ball movement was really good for most of the night.
Your assessment of the ref yesterday? :grinning: