Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On point... we cannot become complacent. I am worried we put too much into that game but hopefully the boys can back it up.

We need the tigers to get shot today... hopefully they cop another embarrassing loss.
You can only beat what’s in front of you and it was still Bellamy the Storm and in Melbourne with players like NAS , Hughes and Harry Grant..

Great win especially after trial 2 and round 1 rubbish. But you are right, we can’t be complacent and the Tiepies will give us a game.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Already have grandstand tickets with my missus and daughter. It will be my daughters first footy game she's been to. She's already made her own Bulldogs sign.. Hopefully she can help break the Belmore curse.. Can't wait. Should be a packed house and a great atmosphere...
Awesome enjoy mate

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Hardened Storm team? Without Bromwich bros, Kafausi, Brandon Smith, Munster, Coates, Papynhausen......Melbournes squad is a reserve grade squad. We should of gone into this game as favourites, but didn't because of our efforts last week, and the fact they beat Eels last week, who are also struggling.
Man for man Tigers squad doesn't look too bad, so next weeks game will be willing as both sides smell a realistic win.
The Melbourne team that the Dogs smashed up last night is what Melbourne look like when they are not cheating the salary cap

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So it should be for $800k he has mastered the dog act late flop tackle when the attacker is stationary on the ground.
Yeah ok bro. If you don’t think that Kikau played a big role in yesterdays win then I don’t know what to tell you. Saying onr of our players mastered a ‘dog act’ to prove your point is fkn madness. BTW, it’s not a dog act to tackle a guy hard on the ground, it’s fkn rugby league

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can only beat what’s in front of you and it was still Bellamy the Storm and in Melbourne with players like NAS , Hughes and Harry Grant..

Great win especially after trial 2 and round 1 rubbish. But you are right, we can’t be complacent and the Tiepies will give us a game.
On point again... it seems a win has got everybody thinking straight :yum:

I actually thought Melbourne would win considering those names and the fact they beat the eels last week at pArAdIsEe.

Was a very good win, praying the boys get up for the Belmore game.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Viliame Kikau has been cited with a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (Tripping) offence for his attempted tackle on Storm winger Will Warbrick late on in the Bulldogs win. Kikau joins Gilbert and Suaali'i in being cited with a third and subsequent offence charge with the Canterbury recruit facing a $3,000 fine with an early guilty plea.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Will Kikau get suspended? Watched the game at the tavern and didn’t get a good look at the trip. This is what happens when you train with Josh Reynolds
Nope, just a fine

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viliame Kikau has been cited with a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (Tripping) offence for his attempted tackle on Storm winger Will Warbrick late on in the Bulldogs win. Kikau joins Gilbert and Suaali'i in being cited with a third and subsequent offence charge with the Canterbury recruit facing a $3,000 fine with an early guilty plea.
You could clearly see he got wrongfooted.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we play with the same intensity that we did against the storm we can beat the tigers no issue, my concern is if we also drop off like we did against them. We tend to get flustered when opposition team score and look lost at times, I hope Ciro picks up on this and works away around it.

Ref's killed us last night, its hard enough to score a win as it is - i hope its better next week.
I was concerned initially at how we let Storm back into the game, but have a different perspective now. To keep them quiet for so long was an achievement. Even without several of their best 17 they were always going to be on top at some stage of the game. You can’t expect to be on top of any team for the full 80. Especially one with Grant, Hughes, NAS and Welchin it. They got a lot of possession and set restart after set restart in that 50-70 minute period. No wonder Grant come to the fore during that stage.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I only got the second half as was watching boxing… but tigers are so bad. I don’t know how their fans do it. I’m not sure how next week will go but I assume we’ll be short priced favourites.