Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was concerned initially at how we let Storm back into the game, but have a different perspective now. To keep them quiet for so long was an achievement. Even without several of their best 17 they were always going to be on top at some stage of the game. You can’t expect to be on top of any team for the full 80. Especially one with Grant, Hughes, NAS and Welchin it. They got a lot of possession and set restart after set restart in that 50-70 minute period. No wonder Grant come to the fore during that stage.
we did well to hold them back especially when the ref made it much harder than it should have been, storm slowed us down repeatedly and we got no help from the ref.

Storm got away with plenty.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only got the second half as was watching boxing… but tigers are so bad. I don’t know how their fans do it. I’m not sure how next week will go but I assume we’ll be short priced favourites.
They should be much much better with the recruits they got, but Api, Papali’i and Klemmer haven’t improved them much, if any.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers may come out fired up next week we should never take any team lightly and not be over confident let’s stay level headed I think
A week is a long time in footy as they say, but as long as we maintain the attitude we played with last night and work on the areas we weren’t good at, we should win regardless of how well Tigs play. At our best, we are a better team.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After watching the tigers today you'll put a cricket score on them. Was hoping to see a reinvented tigers but bloody no direction, run across the park with only a few wanting to go straight and hard. Brooks (kinda) and Laurie were trying Api on and off.

Massive win to dogs next round...tigers cannot change that much in a week imo.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Douley didnt look to good either will be out or carrying injury

Reactions: CCC

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After watching the tigers today you'll put a cricket score on them. Was hoping to see a reinvented tigers but bloody no direction, run across the park with only a few wanting to go straight and hard. Brooks (kinda) and Laurie were trying Api on and off.

Massive win to dogs next round...tigers cannot change that much in a week imo.
I'm not worried about the cats, I'm worried about the belmore curse.

We save our worst shit for there.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but I’ve around a long time on paper yes we are the better team but remember we played an under strength storm team let’s enjoy the win but let’s not get over confident it’s only round 2 let’s not get ahead of ourselves

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching the tigers this afternoon this should be another win for the dogs, the benji experiment is on tilt. They where fucking diabolical.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we can defend then it won't be an issue, every team likes to fire up against us more than usual so we should still be careful

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Start fast and hit their confidence early, control the game with relentless kick chase pressure and defense.