Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as we want to see a finals ready side and are frustrated we're probably not there yet, there's still a lot of celebrate. We would have been 0-3 last year. We've got more actual NRL quality players this year, some good 2024 signings and a dominant NSW Cup team with talented players snapping at the heels of anyone not performing in first grade. When Gould was brought in to rebuild Penrith it took WAY longer than it feels like it's taking with the Dogs.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy we have these kind of games against teams like west's, so still come away with the points.

Our last 3 games of this season will be better than our first 3. we improve in areas in games, but we are unable to bring it all together. more time and it will come.

we showed that the attack from Melbourne game wasn't a fluke. we also brought Burto's running game back into our attack. I think we definitely need TPJ back though, I think King is starting to crack under the pressure.

I think with Mahoney taking some of the pressure off Burto with more involvement in kicking game, his running game will continue to develop.

He can still be kicking the ball but doesn't have to do it every set.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The silver lining is we aren’t going to be overconfident or cocky next game - and better match fitness by it staying intense for 80. We seem to be a 60 min side at the moment.
Been a 60 minute side for a decade

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly not too surprised about getting chewed up through the middle towards the end there given the heat and our lack of forwards. Just happy to get the win. We look so dangerous in attack and once we iron out some of the errors and slop, we'll be hard to handle. Will help once Flanno is gone, though he's been very solid in defence.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly not too surprised about getting chewed up through the middle towards the end there given the heat and our lack of forwards. Just happy to get the win. We look so dangerous in attack and once we iron out some of the errors and slop, we'll be hard to handle. Will help once Flanno is gone, though he's been very solid in defence.
It was bizarre, Burto & Reed found touch twice before the Tigpies got 3 in a row. There was some paper thin defence on the edges.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With us shitting the bed he was probably too scared to send him on in case he made the error that lost us the game.Idk seems a waste f knows what's doing with this selection.
Exactlymy thoughts as well. Game on a knife edge and Cam too nervous to bet on Oki not handing the game to Tigs. Def shouldnt be there if coach is that worried about him Topine is made for that very situation in the Murray mould. Clumsy coaching.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kiks, Burto, Paul and Foxx looked awesome in D today. It was the right edge that got found out and led to the momentum shift.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was deadset thinking we are cursed at Belmore, the game looked in total control and the last 20mins it became heart in mouth stuff.

Ciraldo would have been pacing the coaches box with some of that D.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently we had the best off season fitter than ever they said....so wtf's doing then?
To be fair it was hot. Im not a "the refs hate us" bloke but there was a forward pass that lead to their try, Avo wasnt allowed to play on for what could have been a long range try either. We also bombed atleast another 2 tries. All these things have us defending and burning energy in the heat.
We were gassed at the end.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue is I saw king on his knees when tigers go there first. They kept running at him as he couldn’t keep up and was completely gased. Wouldn’t you interchange him! Whakeham saw it and kept at it. Love king as he played his heart out but it was unfair to keep him out there when he could barely walk.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy we have these kind of games against teams like west's, so still come away with the points.

Our last 3 games of this season will be better than our first 3. we improve in areas in games, but we are unable to bring it all together. more time and it will come.

we showed that the attack from Melbourne game wasn't a fluke. we also brought Burto's running game back into our attack. I think we definitely need TPJ back though, I think King is starting to crack under the pressure.

I think with Mahoney taking some of the pressure off Burto with more involvement in kicking game, his running game will continue to develop.

King and Burton need help. Middles are buggered with no effective rotation off the bench and Flanagan offers nothing.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should have been up by 40 at the 60min mark, we dominated all areas but just didn’t convert enough. We also killed ourselves for a period in the first half with two errors, two penalties and a 6 again which I’m sure drained plenty of energy and contributed to that fade out at the back end of the game. Honestly I didn’t watch the last 10min, waited for the full time score then watched it. It was easier for me to go for a walk and not think about it, need double blood pressure meds tonight after that one. Happy with the win and hopefully not too cooked for next wk.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiks, Burto, Paul and Foxx looked awesome in D today. It was the right edge that got found out and led to the momentum shift.
When Tanner came on he defended on the right for some reason instead of the middle.
Either way can’t blame the boys, it was shit hot. Fatigue played a part. We should have been up by 40. Just glad we got the win.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was deadset thinking we are cursed at Belmore, the game looked in total control and the last 20mins it became heart in mouth stuff.

Ciraldo would have been pacing the coaches box with some of that D.
Everybody at the ground started pacing lol

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

don’t think king is cracking under pressure. Bro he played well today and the heat today was something you cannot play the game under… hence why the season is always played in winter. Jeez I was sitting down on the hill and I was sweating top To bottom. Like everyone is saying we played a very good first half and could of converted more points. One major downfall was our complete rate which wasn’t good enough if we are going up against top 8 teams