Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Think we will be a fair chance Cummins couldn't possibly hit us again, we should see some early penalties and a bit of ball early on a dry track. I know sounds eternally optimistic but that is the nature of rebuilding. Avo must fire this game. The forwards need to bring some aggression I would be showing replays to Hetherington of interview in the off season about bring the aggression to the Doggies pac.
Only thing I'm getting a bit concerned with, with Baz, is he hasn't got them fired up yet. Hopefully Sat.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Deardon will play

Lewis should be hooker imo
He can’t be worse than the other 2 muppets there for the last 2-3 years
He can tackle all day and left foot kick from dummy half

tesi niu and isaako are lightning compared to our snail pace backline
Can’t wait for the fox

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really a fan of him saying that a score of 16 - 0 or 16 - 6 was a fair result for the game to be honest. He had a bit of a reputation at Manly for excuse making and ref blamming and I'm starting to get concerned we might be starting to see it here already. I really hope not because the players pick up on that vibe.
I took it as him meaning a more accurate result based on how the team played, and probably would’ve been the score if DWZ didn’t do that high shot.

Didn’t sound like he was referring to anything the referees did.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are going to be in trouble to our middle is fixed. Our edges are fine lots of back up and lots comming through. We need some middle impact going forward. No need to turn on Baz. He’s got work with what we have. Our middles offer no impact.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fear for what pengai is going to do to our pack
Nothing that hasn't already been done, they should be starting to believe what is needed as first graders and be believing in themselves.
We won't be running out every week and be thinking we are dog shit.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really a fan of him saying that a score of 16 - 0 or 16 - 6 was a fair result for the game to be honest. He had a bit of a reputation at Manly for excuse making and ref blamming and I'm starting to get concerned we might be starting to see it here already. I really hope not because the players pick up on that vibe.
Nothing there that he was talking about the referees whatsoever. He just meant a score line that was more indicative of how we played.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Dearden set to be picked as pressure builds on Anthony Milford and Brodie Croft

Tom Dearden is set to be named for the Broncos as coach Kevin Walters loses patience with halves pairing Anthony Milford and Brodie Croft.

Broncos coach Kevin Walters is set to roll the selection dice by including Tom Dearden on his interchange bench for Saturday night’s clash against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

Walters will finalise his 17-man squad at Brisbane’s captain’s run on Friday morning but it is understood the Broncos coach is leaning towards a reshuffle of his four-forward bench.

Dearden was named as 18th man for the Round 3 clash but is expected to be a late inclusion as a utility back-up for underfire halves Anthony Milford and Brodie Croft.

Walters selected John Asiata, Rhys Kennedy, Ethan Bullemor and Ben Te’o on his bench for the Bulldogs clash but Kennedy is tipped to make way for Dearden to make his first appearance of the 2021 season.

The off-contract 20-year-old scored two tries for Souths Logan in last week’s Intrust Super Cup opener and Walters has been impressed with Dearden’s attitude in attempting to fight his way back into the Broncos side.

Dearden had a stint around the rucks at Broncos training on Tuesday, suggesting he is in line for a call-up, and Walters will make a definitive call at the captain’s run.

The blond-haired halfback has experience as a No.14 utility, playing two games off the bench last season against the Titans and Warriors.

Walters was concerned with the option-taking of Croft and Milford in last week’s derby loss to the Titans and Dearden’s smarts off the interchange bench gives the Broncos coach another playmaking option.

Broncos forward Pat Carrigan backed Dearden, who is being chased by the Cowboys, to handle a super-sub role if called into the 17.

“Tommy played well for Souths on the weekend,” he said.

“He is a competitor and clubs are after him for a reason.

“Whoever Kevvie picks in the seven, it’s ‘Crofty’ at the moment, but if Tommy gets the chance I’m sure he will take it with both hands.”

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have just reached 15,200 members which is pretty good considering all our circumstances
I am hoping to see a good turnout against souths and Melbourne
This number will easily exceed 20,000 come next season of the back of good recruitment/management

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mounties side
TEAM
1. Declan Casey
2. Watson Heleta
3. Falakiko Manu
4. Aaron Schoup
5. Ruebenn Rennis
6. Lachlan Lewis
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Avagalu Seumanufagai
9. Bradley Deitz
10. James Roumanos
11. Jackson Topine
12. Matthew Doorey
13. Chris Smith
16. Jack Miller
17. Rhys Davies
19. Vincent Rennie
22. Ben Seufale
24. Paea Pua
I wonder who would win between Canterbury 1st grade vs the Mounties.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chris Smith and Ava have been cut from the squad. I reckon Lewis and Britt will travel with the side so they won’t play reggies tomorrow afternoon.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Chris Smith and Ava have been cut from the squad. I reckon Lewis and Britt will travel with the side so they won’t play reggies tomorrow afternoon.
On the nrl app it said Lewis and ava were cut?
I wish smith came in for Stimson.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
On the nrl app it said Lewis and ava were cut?
I wish smith came in for Stimson.
Stimson hasn't really been given a chance, he got injured in his first game playing for us. I don't mind seeing how he goes. He's pretty much like a new signing but hasn't shown a lot in trials or reserve grade. Leaving Doorey out over and over again after what he showed last year is criminal tho imo.