Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% looked better under Pay. I'm not sticking up for Pay or being bias, far from that, I can only say what I see.
Most times under Pay our defense was good and attitude was good. We'd be in games for longer and and get in good attacking positions on the field, and had no problems making meters but we just didn't have the class to score tries and attacking structures were terrible.
It would have been good to see what he could have done with some marquee signs but we'll never know.
Your looking at 3 years versus 2 games mate. Hardly a fair comparison. People really need to try and settle the fuck down!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So there’s a whole new coaching staff a whole new spine new systems to learn and after two games against two teams that will be playing finals football and one of them contending for a premiership in the pissing down rain you guys have established that we looked better under pay. May I remind you pays first game in charge we got flogged by Melbourne and roosters and we had a way better squad. Put things into perspective overall our club is doing so much better. Player retention, new signings, sponsorship our on field performances will come. We will
Loose more games than we win this year and the sooner everyone accepts that the better systems will
Take time to learn and develop you guys want instant success we’ve been shit worn no improvement for 5 years this doesn’t get turned around easily you have to build towards success that only started at the end of last year
Stop talking sense on the kennel. Lol this is just the same shit people have been spewing on the kennel since 2016. Its fucking tiresome. But thats just the way it is.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m forever the optimist and no matter what proud of the boys efforts except for a couple of hapless water buffalo’s that should be moved on. I really thought that this is our chance to get our first win on the board until I saw our forward pack but more importantly the referee. How did we get him again. Twice in 3 games and not one penalty awarded to us plus a number of 6 agains given to the opposition. How is this guy still a referee. Cost Canberra a GF as well. I’m hoping things improve in Round 5 when we get Thompson back.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m forever the optimist and no matter what proud of the boys efforts except for a couple of hapless water buffalo’s that should be moved on. I really thought that this is our chance to get our first win on the board until I saw our forward pack but more importantly the referee. How did we get him again. Twice in 3 games and not one penalty awarded to us plus a number of 6 agains given to the opposition. How is this guy still a referee. Cost Canberra a GF as well. I’m hoping things improve in Round 5 when we get Thompson back.
The referee standard is poor (maybe it's just an impossible job?) but every fan from every team think they're shit/terrible. I think they're just constantly making bad decisions/calls for/with everyone. If our roster is so bad that we rely on a referee for every win of the season we deserve what we get imo.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The referee standard is poor (maybe it's just an impossible job?) but every fan from every team think they're shit/terrible. I think they're just constantly making bad decisions/calls for/with everyone. If our roster is so bad that we rely on a referee for every win of the season we deserve what we get imo.
Having played footy for years, you make your own luck with refs. We need a captain who understands that, knows how to get in there ear properly. And really just get players to bite their tounges with any rubbish directed at the ref, a great way to get them offside and watch penalties flow the other way.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is so terrified of Brisbane. Sure they have a bigger pack and more speed but they're also 0-2 and have issues all throughout their team. Limit Pangai's offloads and they have nothing in attack.. If we keep targeting Milford in defence all game we'll score some tries down that side.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know meaney had a few good games on the wing last year but for mine if he's not at fb then don't have him the size.
He lacks aggression. At least DWZ runs hard ,might get smashed but at least he puts in effort.
I can't get excited with him ,hoppa in the side.even corey Allen's been very quiet

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know meaney had a few good games on the wing last year but for mine if he's not at fb then don't have him the size.
He lacks aggression. At least DWZ runs hard ,might get smashed but at least he puts in effort.
I can't get excited with him ,hoppa in the side.even corey Allen's been very quiet
Yep Allan has been quiet but I actually thought he had a decent game on the weekend in regards to his positional play. It was pretty ordinary conditions for a fullback and I dont think he made an error. He handled their kicks well and wasnt at fault for any of their tries.

Of course he needs to do more in attack but at least he knows the position. Its ok to have an attacking fullback like Averillo but if they make 2 or 3 crucial errors per game and have poor positional play then it negates all of their good work.

I think he will come good.

In regards to Meaney they have been dropping Cotric back on the last tackle so he hasnt been exposed as much on kick returns. But i agree he is an ordinary winger. I think if Tui Katoa plays well the next few weeks then he can take his spot

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Bulldogs are the special of the week. Brisbane are horrible and will lose their first 8 matches. The Dogs will be too methodical for them. For Brisbane to win, they need their halves to play at their best. That won’t be happening. With no Hass or Staggs, they won’t be winning many matches.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really a fan of him saying that a score of 16 - 0 or 16 - 6 was a fair result for the game to be honest. He had a bit of a reputation at Manly for excuse making and ref blamming and I'm starting to get concerned we might be starting to see it here already. I really hope not because the players pick up on that vibe.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really a fan of him saying that a score of 16 - 0 or 16 - 6 was a fair result for the game to be honest. He had a bit of a reputation at Manly for excuse making and ref blamming and I'm starting to get concerned we might be starting to see it here already. I really hope not because the players pick up on that vibe.
Yeah I was put off a but by those comments too but that's just from a fans perspective we don't know what he was looking for in that performance and they might have been doing what he instructed them to do?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also didn't sound like he was really interested in B. Smith and made himself look a little silly (?) saying B. Smith is contracted for next year so he's not an option, maybe playing dumb? Also I hope behind the scenes (I get publicly he has to say positive things about individuals) himself and the coaching staff don't have too much faith in JMK and Katoa because they're simply not good enough and they'll cost him his job if we keep persisting with them (same with a few other players).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He wanted to get the hell outa there.

It's hard. What the heck can he say...nothing much but the media keep pressing. He'll be a bit more positive when we win some games.

All the talk is gotta be on the field.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also didn't sound like he was really interested in B. Smith and made himself look a little silly (?) saying B. Smith is contracted for next year so he's not an option, maybe playing dumb? Also I hope behind the scenes (I get publicly he has to say positive things about individuals) himself and the coaching staff don't have too much faith in JMK and Katoa because they're simply not good enough and they'll cost him his job if we keep persisting with them (same with a few other players).
He's pretty much throwing JMK or Katoa under the bus if he says anything besides good things about them.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think we will be a fair chance Cummins couldn't possibly hit us again, we should see some early penalties and a bit of ball early on a dry track. I know sounds eternally optimistic but that is the nature of rebuilding. Avo must fire this game. The forwards need to bring some aggression I would be showing replays to Hetherington of interview in the off season about bring the aggression to the Doggies pac.