Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Starting to think we need to bring back the X-Factor Lewis! He definitely has weaknesses and hasn't developed much, if at all, since joining to Dogs, but there is just something about him .... I just re-read that sentence and it has made me realise that it is probably about time I cancelled my Kennel membership, started following the Roosters and got some proper psychiatric assistance!!

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Giving up in Rd 2!!?...I'd hate to be in the trenches with you bro! lol...
It's less giving up and more along the lines of, I had been super hyped for new coach, new staff, new players etc. That to see us come out with the same fucking shit that's been happening over 5 years with NO SIGNS of something coming is just hurtful! I get these things take time, but fuck me at least show us something!

Ill still be here every week mate. And I really really hope we change soon! I do.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also can we stop saying "dry track this.. dry track that"... it won't change things much at all. You do realise that the other team is ALSO playing on a dry track. And its not like we are a team known for speed and skill regularly lol. Stop with the misplaced hope.

Brocnos backs are so much faster than ours. On a "dry track" they'll be even more dangerous than we will ever be.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also can we stop saying "dry track this.. dry track that"... it won't change things much at all. You do realise that the other team is ALSO playing on a dry track. And its not like we are a team known for speed and skill regularly lol. Stop with the misplaced hope.

Brocnos backs are so much faster than ours. On a "dry track" they'll be even more dangerous than we will ever be.
Break the teams down and I think they have us beat in the backs, forwards, spine and bench.

How depressing.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a good half against Newcastle with new combinations and we got beat by last years grand finalists. It’s hardly a complete disaster.
We’re just getting started. Season starts Saturday arv.
Some solid players now in our squad. Allen, Cotric and Hoppa are high quality backs. Flanagan as good as any half on his day. Thompson and Jacko.....the season is just beginning!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Cause they look sooooo brittle mate! Paper thin defense. And I’m usually very patient and always give the benefit of the doubt, but they got nothing!

They actually looked better under Pay for some reason.
Yeah fair enough but it’s only been 2 rounds mate! 2 rounds!? With a very young squad who haven’t played any footy together. 2 rounds (against top 8 teams) is enough to just write off the whole season?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair we never weren't not shit, just unrealistic expectations. Our recruitment (both in's and out's, hands tied with outs) weren't good enough. Cotric and Flanagan are our only 2 good signings. Not a big enough upgrade to the roster. I'm not even blaming Baz. 2022 the target year I guess but we keep pushing it back (sign a quality hooker, prop, second rower and centre to go with JAC and Burton and then we can be optimistic, I don't even think we'll have the salary cap to do all that but the hooker and possibly prop needs to 100% get done).
Haha......love your first sentence.

I think Allen has shown a little bit also.

But holy crop our forwards have been a disaster in the two games so far. Agree we need a good hooker who gets the pack going forward.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Ava Seumanufagai?

How???

Did he get jumped into the 30?

if nit how be this?

ffs what is the point of these nrl rules when any old reserve grader just bypasses the squad and walks int the team?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And why are ppl talking about holdsworth and a guy named ryan on page 1 i dont get it

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD this guy ^^^^

cappa originally put up a bogus team list with Holdsworth and Dean Matterson in it and others lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it just me? or is it starting to feel like 2018, 2019 and 2020 all over again. Can't we just post our team on game day, knowing we have no chance all week is depressing!
groundhogday.jpg

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot on the line this week. As a group the Kennel have been excited generally that we secured Baz as coach. I think he could have success as a head coach. What I'm not sure about is our roster though.
In 2018 and 2019 we finished each season well. Last year we never got going at all. With the changes this year expectations were high. People ACTUALLY considered that we could be fringe 8 this year.
The reality in the first 2 rounds has brought us crashing back to earth.
Some observations from the first 2 rounds:
1. Flanagan has been on the ball...a lot of touches...has led us around ok.
2. Avo has been completely overwhelmed. He has no time no voice. I can't see him organising anything. The game is moving too fast for him.
3. All our forwards have 10 or fewer runs per game. All have made under 100 metres per game while opposition forwards have made 15 to 19 runs each generally making on average 2 to 3 more metres per run than we are making.
4. Opposition defences are reading our attack too easily and able to identify who is to receive the ball and getting 3 or 4 defenders in every tackle completely dominating us.
5. Oppositions were making 50 to 60 metres every set while we made 30 to 40, often kicking after being dominated in a tackle on the back foot.
I know we've received only 40% possession and had no favours from the refs...but even during our sets we are completely dominated, have no leg speed and no creativity.
6. We do everything so much slower with less urgency than every other team...I say this having watched all 16 games so far. We have no linespeed in D as well.
Our next few games will be very difficult. If we lose this week we most likely will be 0-5.
On present form I can't think of a team we'd start favourite against.
Confidence is a big thing and I haven't seen much of it yet.

So my question is....to what extent is it our roster and their effort?... or to what extend is it our coach and him getting his message across?....

Looking forward to the team showing more against the Broncos. They don't have to win...they merely need to show us we are moving in the right direction because I genuinely fear we have gone backwards this year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's another year of being shit when we have been shit the last 5-6 years.

Pay was given 3 years and didn't improve one bit, Baz deserves the same if not more.
You’re spot on I’m just frustrated at the situation of another season being over before it started.

I think questions about Tbaz will be rightfully asked if we are still playing footy like this at the end of the year. All I want to see is improvement from now to then and I think we will.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot on the line this week. As a group the Kennel have been excited generally that we secured Baz as coach. I think he could have success as a head coach. What I'm not sure about is our roster though.
In 2018 and 2019 we finished each season well. Last year we never got going at all. With the changes this year expectations were high. People ACTUALLY considered that we could be fringe 8 this year.
The reality in the first 2 rounds has brought us crashing back to earth.
Some observations from the first 2 rounds:
1. Flanagan has been on the ball...a lot of touches...has led us around ok.
2. Avo has been completely overwhelmed. He has no time no voice. I can't see him organising anything. The game is moving too fast for him.
3. All our forwards have 10 or fewer runs per game. All have made under 100 metres per game while opposition forwards have made 15 to 19 runs each generally making on average 2 to 3 more metres per run than we are making.
4. Opposition defences are reading our attack too easily and able to identify who is to receive the ball and getting 3 or 4 defenders in every tackle completely dominating us.
5. Oppositions were making 50 to 60 metres every set while we made 30 to 40, often kicking after being dominated in a tackle on the back foot.
I know we've received only 40% possession and had no favours from the refs...but even during our sets we are completely dominated, have no leg speed and no creativity.
6. We do everything so much slower with less urgency than every other team...I say this having watched all 16 games so far. We have no linespeed in D as well.
Our next few games will be very difficult. If we lose this week we most likely will be 0-5.
On present form I can't think of a team we'd start favourite against.
Confidence is a big thing and I haven't seen much of it yet.

So my question is....to what extent is it our roster and their effort?... or to what extend is it our coach and him getting his message across?....

Looking forward to the team showing more against the Broncos. They don't have to win...they merely need to show us we are moving in the right direction because I genuinely fear we have gone backwards this year.
I did reveal all this pre season here

the issue is we have no unpredictably, no donald trump, in our attack. players and opposite coaches can identify our roles pretty quicky.

All this player talk of 'everyone has a specific role to play' and 'as long as we just do our specified job' has only helped everyone to decipher these players just know they have to play eithin a little box and are Easy peasy lebanesey to read.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Much better under Pay. Baz seems to be making the game plan structured and perhaps to complex for them. Pay simplified things because he saw they had limitations and could only do what their limited abilities would allow.
Defence has definetly regressed without a doubt and the forwards physical condition has been compromised. They all look too small and weak.
100% looked better under Pay. I'm not sticking up for Pay or being bias, far from that, I can only say what I see.
Most times under Pay our defense was good and attitude was good. We'd be in games for longer and and get in good attacking positions on the field, and had no problems making meters but we just didn't have the class to score tries and attacking structures were terrible.
It would have been good to see what he could have done with some marquee signs but we'll never know.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah fair enough but it’s only been 2 rounds mate! 2 rounds!? With a very young squad who haven’t played any footy together. 2 rounds (against top 8 teams) is enough to just write off the whole season?
No, two rounds isn't enough to just write off the whole season, but the writing is on the wall early.