Round 25 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Righto. The majority of our season was terrible - only the last few weeks were decent. How many games did we go scoreless in a half? How often were we absolutely clueless in attack? The only positives for the season was that we found a few young players to make the step up in Lewis, smith etc and that we belted st merge
We have just come off 5 or so years of des hasler.
New coach blah blah loss of big roster blah blah=
Big changes in players coaches management structure etc.
We are a different club on the field and whining and whinging fans need to embrace the positives

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are a different club on the field and whining and whinging fans need to embrace the positives
I agree with you there are heaps of positives for the future

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But Pay said in the off season that we will see changes in the was they play.

umm, most times we didn't.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cronulla's defence was too much in our face. They were quick off their mark and slowed down the ruck. They were making 3 man tackles. Our boys looked frustrated by Cro's defence. They tried to create some second phase play in the second half but Cro's defence was just too good. Pay needs to teach them how to overcome this. The only person that seemed to cause damage was hopoate. Reimis could not go anywhere and morris bros were trapped. Our forwards did not bend them at all tbh

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Ummmm.. First year coach inheriting big mess.
Were you not happy with back half of year??
Definitely saw a rejuvenated side with champagne football.. You are fucking hard to please

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think what you want but we are clearly below the real contenders and I cant see it changing next year..

the strength of the roster is crucial - we need more class players that are better than solid

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Think what you want but we are clearly below the real contenders and I cant see it changing next year..

the strength of the roster is crucial - we need more class players that are better than solid
Probably one of if not the most troubled time in our clubs history!!
Calm the farm people.
We are in good hands

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did we finish the same or lower than last year

Season from hell again

All these JT tributes this week and I saw a photo of him in our jersey which puts in perspective how fkn long it has been since we have won it

In the time Thurston has won everything possible as a team or individual and en route for immortal....we still haven’t won a fkn comp and not looking likely for another 5 years

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did we finish the same or lower than last year

Season from hell again

All these JT tributes this week and I saw a photo of him in our jersey which puts in perspective how fkn long it has been since we have won it

In the time Thurston has won everything possible as a team or individual and en route for immortal....we still haven’t won a fkn comp and not looking likely for another 5 years
Lower by 1 position. Almost 11th like last year.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Who's we?

Aren't you a Broncos supporter?

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Just got home to re-watch this game. How the FUCK was the second try given to the Sharts the cheating *****. So you can now just barge into our Prince and call it a try. WELL FUUUCK YOU. See you in 2019. NBA season starts soon. Peace out.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely Holmes is in Dally M contention

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Sharks for premiers.. they have had minimal pressure and expectation all year and with their playmakers peaking at the right time they have the perfect mix to go all the way

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not happy at all.

Not when they beat my team. haha

I support the Broncos, so I am hard to fucking please.
It's because you're a female that you are hard to please :tongueclosed:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I really did not expect us to be so close at the end of the game, I thought, considering we played poorly at times, a good effort. I have said it before that Cronulla are fast becoming the grubbiest most disliked side in the competition and today only reinforced that opinion. Graham, Fafita have the biggest mouths in the game and are poor excuses for good sportsmanship.
Grubby tactics in and around the rucks and offside defence by a good metre and a half two metres at times were left basically unchecked. Yep we won the penalty count but should have been by the length of the straight.

The Cronulla fans celebrated like they had won the comp yesterday but I am afraid they will on that form be lapped by the Roosters and whoever else they play. Sour grapes no, just an observation. Depends who they get as their referee as well and whether or not that bloke and his touch judges have their eyes needed to check their tactics.One try to Fafita yesterday resulted from a push in the back on Hoppa ( isn't that a penalty?)and a foot into touch by a Sharks player whilst in possession of the ball ( isn't that a scrum with our feed?) one after the other. Plenty of forward passes as well and lots of flops in tackles.
Frawley was a passenger and was a big part of the defensive issue on the side of Smith and Holland. Lewis was out of sorts but got smashed a couple of times. Look I am not going to bag out the whole team but yesterday was a result of a long hard season in which not much went our way. We will reset and get ready for 2019....we will still be a work in progress of course but I expect we shall be a bit more controlled and settled. For the most part effort has not been lacking just some consistency across the board.

Am terribly unhappy about the time of our Intrust game next week; 7-30pm Sunday; no chance of being able to go as all of us have an early start for work Monday and by the time the game finishes, we get out of Sydney and on the road and the travel associated with that will get home early hours of the Monday morning to have to get up at 5.30 for work that day. We are an anomaly I know but that time on a Sunday night is not really user friendly..of course it is all to do with broadcasters. The boys need everyone's support and we love to be there but gee so terribly hard with the times set. The NRL once again does not think of the fans...great job and another way in which they will inevitably disenchant people leading to further drops in crowds and heavens knows how much they spin a positive on crowds this year we all know that they are suffering....

Anyhow go you Intrust boys and of course the Flegg guys do us proud.....

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I really did not expect us to be so close at the end of the game, I thought, considering we played poorly at times, a good effort. I have said it before that Cronulla are fast becoming the grubbiest most disliked side in the competition and today only reinforced that opinion. Graham, Fafita have the biggest mouths in the game and are poor excuses for good sportsmanship.
Grubby tactics in and around the rucks and offside defence by a good metre and a half two metres at times were left basically unchecked. Yep we won the penalty count but should have been by the length of the straight.

The Cronulla fans celebrated like they had won the comp yesterday but I am afraid they will on that form be lapped by the Roosters and whoever else they play. Sour grapes no, just an observation. Depends who they get as their referee as well and whether or not that bloke and his touch judges have their eyes needed to check their tactics.One try to Fafita yesterday resulted from a push in the back on Hoppa ( isn't that a penalty?)and a foot into touch by a Sharks player whilst in possession of the ball ( isn't that a scrum with our feed?) one after the other. Plenty of forward passes as well and lots of flops in tackles.
Frawley was a passenger and was a big part of the defensive issue on the side of Smith and Holland. Lewis was out of sorts but got smashed a couple of times. Look I am not going to bag out the whole team but yesterday was a result of a long hard season in which not much went our way. We will reset and get ready for 2019....we will still be a work in progress of course but I expect we shall be a bit more controlled and settled. For the most part effort has not been lacking just some consistency across the board.

Am terribly unhappy about the time of our Intrust game next week; 7-30pm Sunday; no chance of being able to go as all of us have an early start for work Monday and by the time the game finishes, we get out of Sydney and on the road and the travel associated with that will get home early hours of the Monday morning to have to get up at 5.30 for work that day. We are an anomaly I know but that time on a Sunday night is not really user friendly..of course it is all to do with broadcasters. The boys need everyone's support and we love to be there but gee so terribly hard with the times set. The NRL once again does not think of the fans...great job and another way in which they will inevitably disenchant people leading to further drops in crowds and heavens knows how much they spin a positive on crowds this year we all know that they are suffering....

Anyhow go you Intrust boys and of course the Flegg guys do us proud.....
Well said and agree which is unusual for me, I think that L.Lewis's ankle had an effect on his game interesting to see if and how he plays next week, I doubt if the intrust game will be on free to air at 1930 on a Sunday? The other pointt you make about grubs, it seems to me that nowadays that what it takes to be a winning team in the nrl. Ie Slaters knees, Smiths bitching to refs, Burgesses well you get the gist they are all grubs, except us of course......

Status
Not open for further replies.