Official Round 25 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clinical set completion, good final kicks and great defense, where did that come from, Barrett never quits.
Didn't get out of second gear.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson was colossal today, great game, great captain .[/
Every game we get in a contest it brings out the best in Josh Jackson. Anyone on here who has ever played in a struggling side no matter what the level should be able to appreciate that if Burton and the new middles can get us going like Kimmorley and Hannant/Eastwood etc did in 09 that Jacko will win us games with his tenacity in 22.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really don't know how to feel after that.

All year we have watched the team fumble and flop through the season seeming to be directionless and clueless. The first time this year we have held a side to zero but it didn't get me excited like it would have in years gone by.

Could it be that I was like Pavlov's dog...conditioned to accept a loss?

I can't help but feel that we didn't deserve to win today because the side we played against just did not turn up....is that wrong?

However, we did win, the stats from our game for the most part were the best for a while and we tried things.

A bit of positivity with the hope that next year we will be better and we will finish away from the spoon.

Still don't know how I feel......
Yeah a bit hollow but a win to finish is better than a loss just about sums it up.

Why couldn't they put in this kind of effort all year. Ok it was a half hearted Tigers but our guys did look like first graders for once...whereas all year that's been the excuse for all the losses ...we didn't have the players...well today they did look good.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm okay with that call, because in fairness Wakeham's done everything he can to retain possession and only the Tigers players arms caused it to come out.

Amazing everyone's getting HIA from Tigers, except the bloke that shouldn't be on still.
Cini isn't a forward.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maguire asked to see what state our salary cap was in and once he saw, he walked
He was a good miss for us as I don’t think he would have been able to attract the talent that Baz has.
He is definitely the better coach IMO but it takes more than that to build a team.
Today shows he has trouble getting players to play for him let alone they have missed every revisit they have been linked to.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a good miss for us as I don’t think he would have been able to attract the talent that Baz has.
He is definitely the better coach IMO but it takes more than that to build a team.
Today shows he has trouble getting players to play for him let alone they have missed every revisit they have been linked to.
as an actual coach, I think Maguire would have been better received by the Canterbury club than the Tigers, who are soft... but I agree that we would not have been able to sign the players we have with Madge as coach... from the outside looking in, it doesn't seem like players want to play for him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No I remember it and agreed cause he was a beast on the edge when filling in at the warriors. I always liked him on the edge even more so if we play TPJ in the middle cause we need someone to cause havoc on an edge. Literally don’t have any other strike on the edge at all.
I think Hetherington is suited to being a strike player out wide, he doesn't have the workrate of most other middle forwards but if he can be a constant threat running threat out on the edge and discipled in defence then I think it can work out.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can't wait for tails from Tiger Land next week!
The series wraps up with episode 5 unfortunately getting smashed by the dogs.
There is a segment Madge & Pascoe discus the possibility of inducting Moses into the Hall Of Fame.
I’m very interested to see how he goes.