Official Round 25 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
After a season of under powered dog fight can the reasonably competitive Canterbury pull a win?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will Hopoate will farewell Bulldogs fans with his final match in the blue and white against the Tigers at Moreton Daily Stadium in Redcliffe on Sunday (4:05PM AEST).
Hopoate, has long been a favourite amongst Bulldogs fans, having joined the club in 2016, and represented the blue and whites on 123 occasions leading into Sunday.

During that time the versatile back has scored 24 tries, and has set up many more with his quick hands and understanding of the game.
The only other change to the Bulldogs side for this week is the return of Corey Waddell from suspension, to start in the second row in place of Matt Doorey, who unfortunately suffered a season ending ACL injury against the Sea Eagles.

The Bulldogs can also confirm that the following off-contract players will be leaving the club at the end of this season:
Dylan Napa, Will Hopoate, Lachlan Lewis, Nick Meaney, Renouf Atoni, Sione Katoa, Dean Britt, Chris Smith, James Roumanos, Brad Deitz, Watson Heleta and Kiko Manu.
Bulldogs Chief Executive, Aaron Warburton, thanked all the players for their efforts on behalf of the club:
"I'd like to take this opportunity, on behalf of the Bulldogs, to thank all of the players that are departing at the end of this season, for their efforts during their time at Belmore.

Every player is a part of Bulldogs' history and will always be welcomed back to the club.
We now wish each of them, and their family, all the best for the future."
Match: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs
ROUND 25 - SUNDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER
4:05pm

No.PlayerSponsor
1Nick MeaneyHy-Tec
2Corey AllanGuardian Venue Management
3Will HopoateCincotta Chemist Campsie
4Aaron SchouppAustralasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings
5Jayden OkunborCanterbury League Club
6Brandon WakehamPenny's Crispy Pork Crackling
7Kyle FlanaganSydney Freezers
8Ava SeumanufagaiIntello IT
9Sione KatoaJay Productions & Events
10Jack HetheringtonMMX Projects
11Corey WaddellTLH Recruitment
12Joe StimsonDental on Evaline
13Josh Jackson (c)Daily Press
InterchangeRecovery Partners
14Bailey Biondi-OdoKhalil Family Lawyers
15Ofahiki OgdenUrbanista Café & Convenience
16Chris PatoloYour Property People
17Jackson TopineMcDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba
Reserves
19Falakiko Manu
20Dylan Napa
21Jake Averillo
22Watson Heleta
And just to make everybody on here REALLY happy, the referee is unchanged from last week... You guessed it Chris Sutton! Is that a resounding (Bronx) cheer I hear?

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For some reason I think we win this week. Tigers are just hopeless and could toss up a shit performance.
Now we just need to get rid of Waddell, Stinkson, Corey Allan, Fannygon and any other fuckheads or plodders who's main attributes to our team is missing tackles, giving away 6 agains or have not busted a tackle in the last 12 months.

I still don't understand how Barrett picks this team?? Katoa, really? (BBO instead), also Topine in for Stinkson/Waddle.
You name me any from the list above who would've sprinted from the kick off to get that try Topine did last week.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And just to make everybody on here REALLY happy, the referee is unchanged from last week... You guessed it Chris Sutton! Is that a resounding (Bronx) cheer I hear?
Sutton: Rub our noses in it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
CONFIRMED DEPARTING PLAYERS

The Bulldogs can also confirm that the following off-contract players will be leaving the club at the end of this season:
Dylan Napa, Will Hopoate, Lachlan Lewis, Nick Meaney, Renouf Atoni, Sione Katoa, Dean Britt, Chris Smith, James Roumanos, Brad Deitz, Watson Heleta and Kiko Manu.
Bump!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbf he was pretty good last week. Needs to absorb the early pressure and then fuck off so my man BBO can wreak havok.
Wreak havoc making 50+ tackles in the guts?........that's why i reckon he isn't starting/getting too many minutes getting a bit of protection..
and to the other poster, who else can we fucking start with other than Katoa?..plus it matters little now we're 80 minutes from season over TF.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wreak havoc making 50+ tackles in the guts?........that's why i reckon he isn't starting/getting too many minutes getting a bit of protection..
and to the other poster, who else can we fucking start with other than Katoa?..plus it matters little now we're 80 minutes from season over TF.
You need to read the post i quoted to understand my point. I was talking about Katoa, and then BBO.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we keep Stimson. With more game time in NRL I think he can be a very effective player. I mean he has come from a Melbourne system for what it’s worth. I feel he has t really been given a good crack at NRL.