Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
...if I die, I hope it's after Klem rubs Fifita's fat mouth into the ANZ turf and teaches him the meaning of loyalty!
Having said that, didn't the fat fuck back out after a botched third-party backended deal? Fuck, the writing was on the wall even back then!
I though we backed out

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dragons need to win next week (unlikely) so that we can leap the Knights with a win

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very hard to find a bad performer. All the credit must go to coach Dean Pay. He has instilled the will to win.
Lachlan Lewis kicked a ball out on the full. Do the critics on here want to sack him?
You still think Hoppa is shit?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paying players to play for other clubs burns me no end, but I have no doubt that we are better off without Mbye, Woods, Kasiano and even Graham for that matter.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We now have the best streak of anyone over the past 5 matches WWLWW!!
Too easy to say, 'if only', but if it took a mid-season crisis, a $4m player exodus and a lot of soul-searching to get where we are now, then I'd do it all again.
Lewis plays against Manly we win that as well

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a performance by the boys today. For the second year running we have caused the Drags misery. Divine! Superb!

I will not give it to all the St Merge fans that I know as I am sure they have already realised that their Round 8 premiers 2018 are shit. Well....maybe just a little bit.......:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The players all stood up today and really gave them a footballing lesson. We may not be playing finals footy this year but the results of the last four weeks in particular have been ones that give hope for a brighter 2019. I can't help but think that if Mr Hasler had still been at the club Lewis, Martin, JMK , Smith and Ogden would not be playing first grade.They have impressed mightily and we look to have a pretty rosy future with them on board. We will miss the Morris boys but it will give some of the other youngsters a chance to claim a first grade spot along of course with the new boys who will be joining us next year. Will be a big parade of players leaving us come seasons end and I wish them well in retirement or being with another team ( not when they play us of course)

How good were the tries by Reimis? WOW! The one where he changed hands as he got to the line to score was brilliant and he smoked Duffty and made him look ordinary for one of his other tries. We took the game by the scruff of the neck and strangled the life out of the dragons; did not give them an inch and finished ahead in all of the stats bar the penalties. We let them play as we wanted them to play and they had a lot to play for in the overall scheme of things....

During the dark times this year we were still reasonably competitive being within reach of a win in at least eight close games. Disappointing to be where we are but we need to put that behind us.

A lot to like with the lower grades..we are in the finals in both, something that has been beyond us for a while thanks to focusing fully on first grade. Let's hope that the boys can do well and go deep into the finals and give us something to cheer about.

I look forward to next week and our game against the Sharks. I hope and pray that the boys can win and really finish the year positively. I want them to wipe the smile of Flanagan, Gallen Fafita's and co faces and cause them misery just as we have to several other sides in the last four weeks.

Been a long, cold year alright but still proud to be a Bulldog.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliott defusing the short kick off by the Dragons was a classic. He has a skill set we did not see under Hasler.
Most players do.

Hasler was a control freak with an experimental game plan that just didn't work.

He tried to mold players into his game plan rather than molding his game plan to his players.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You still think Hoppa is shit?
I just said it is hard to find a bad player. However, he remains slow and pedestrian. I believe fullback should have some pace. He doesnt.
I believe a fullback should be able to defend. He doesnt. (He didnt have to today though.)
I guess I am spoilt watching players like Slater.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great win. Special credit to the unsung players,Ogden, Fualolo, Eastwood and Lichaa. They were very good.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Man I enjoyed the game today.
Smith & Lewis just outstanding.
Loved hearing St George getting it big time from their fans!
I’m now thinking we have a lot to look forward to next season.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm guessing you went out there? What was the atmosphere like?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great win. Special credit to the unsung players,Ogden, Fualolo, Eastwood and Lichaa. They were very good.
Was a great game for us doggies fans to watch. All the commentators are now taking notice of the dogs was sick of hearing them with the games we won against broncos, west’s and others because they were off their game. We have slowly been getting better each week. Lewis has brought energy and enthusiasm to the team along with Smith. This energy is rubbing off on Holland and now the Morris twins are playing like they were 20 again. Pity the twins have to go they have a good few more years in them. Our kicking game now is as good as any and our defence is probably the best. To me the teams in the 8 had a little help in the first half of the season with the refs and now it appears we are all being treated the same which means no one is really a favourite. No influence from refs anyone’s game that’s how close the teams are. Bottom 8 teams beating top 8 not surprising . Go the dogs let’s get the sharks next.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Watching the replay match on nine now and Gould says I have a good feeling about this game, you can see both teams are in it - it is going to go down to the wire - LMAO Gould - your feeling is a joke! LOL

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a performance by the boys today. For the second year running we have caused the Drags misery. Divine! Superb!

I will not give it to all the St Merge fans that I know as I am sure they have already realised that their Round 8 premiers 2018 are shit. Well....maybe just a little bit.......:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The players all stood up today and really gave them a footballing lesson. We may not be playing finals footy this year but the results of the last four weeks in particular have been ones that give hope for a brighter 2019. I can't help but think that if Mr Hasler had still been at the club Lewis, Martin, JMK , Smith and Ogden would not be playing first grade.They have impressed mightily and we look to have a pretty rosy future with them on board. We will miss the Morris boys but it will give some of the other youngsters a chance to claim a first grade spot along of course with the new boys who will be joining us next year. Will be a big parade of players leaving us come seasons end and I wish them well in retirement or being with another team ( not when they play us of course)

How good were the tries by Reimis? WOW! The one where he changed hands as he got to the line to score was brilliant and he smoked Duffty and made him look ordinary for one of his other tries. We took the game by the scruff of the neck and strangled the life out of the dragons; did not give them an inch and finished ahead in all of the stats bar the penalties. We let them play as we wanted them to play and they had a lot to play for in the overall scheme of things....

During the dark times this year we were still reasonably competitive being within reach of a win in at least eight close games. Disappointing to be where we are but we need to put that behind us.

A lot to like with the lower grades..we are in the finals in both, something that has been beyond us for a while thanks to focusing fully on first grade. Let's hope that the boys can do well and go deep into the finals and give us something to cheer about.

I look forward to next week and our game against the Sharks. I hope and pray that the boys can win and really finish the year positively. I want them to wipe the smile of Flanagan, Gallen Fafita's and co faces and cause them misery just as we have to several other sides in the last four weeks.

Been a long, cold year alright but still proud to be a Bulldog.
Same here. I am happy with the boys. Dad and I will watch the replay soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.