Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Round 24 Bulldogs v Manly Post-Match Discussion Thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now lets focus on sending Andrew Ryan out on a high.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson coming off killed off our season.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what i learned:
- our season died a long time ago
- dogs are fun to watch again
- if we can create this many opportunities every time we play surely we can't bomb every single f*cking one
- i will set myself on fire if manly wins the comp

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if Hodkinson wasn't injured in the second? I reckon we would of won for sure.

P

Paint.

Proud to be a bulldog. Huge effort from the boys, their hearts were in it, but the refs fcked us, and we couldnt capitalise on our chances.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't usually complain about referees, but that was a shocking performance from the referees today.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Hodkinson coming off killed off our season.
Yep, he was on fire. We lost all our shape without him.
Hopefully he can start next season with the form he ended this one

Mr Patwa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A game worth watching... We did show up but the refs didn't want us to win it seems... Anyways for the brainy people do we still hold and mathematical chance to make the finals???

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just couldn't take our chances today, Manly did. It's a shame we didn't have a few more wins under a belt as I think we have been showing some good signs of finally clicking.

I just hope Matai slips and snaps his neck in the showers.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
if we played like this all season we would have been in the top 4

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
The game against Brisbane in the Semi's comes to mind, but I can't remember too many other games where a loss has hurt like that. We had plenty go against us, but not playing to the whistle is unforgivable. I love the aggression of our young blokes, but **** me, it's got to be controlled. If we can keep a level head, great things may be in store next year, so bring on 2012. Sorry about the tangents, bit pissed/pissed off.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I havent been proud of the boys after a loss for a long time. They played well in the first but injuries got us in the second. Good signs for next year if we stick with JD.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A game worth watching... We did show up but the refs didn't want us to win it seems... Anyways for the brainy people do we still hold and mathematical chance to make the finals???
I don't think so with both the Dogs and Souths having to play Newcastle it would seem that this would stop the Dogs even if we win our next two and Newcastle lose their next three Souths have to win that last game and now they are two points ahead of us.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
the refs were shocking were both sides. Poor performance, we had so many chances but blew it. We can truly blame the ref for costing us the game. The matai try, the penalty no try, the blatant trip on stagg ( he should of sent off the scum bag). I hope keating never sees a bulldogs jersey ever again.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Good effort from the boys, just couldn't capitalize and finish off tries.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Frustrating!

We play some seriously frustrating football. Today was right up there.

• Discipline again poor and we assisted Manly is this area again all day today through giving away silly penalties.
  • We seem to turn over the ball in some of the worst scenarios. Eg. with the ball over the tryline and other fine attacking opportunities.
  • We seem to have no linespeed. The ease in which Manly were able gather momentum and metres up the field was ridiculas.

The above mentioned have been our achilles heal and plagued us all year.

It was however good to see some enthusiasm and passion from the boys which had been missing for the majority of the season. The number of opportunities we created was fantastic as well, just a pity we couldn't convert these into points. Overall a lot of positives to look forward to for next season, but also a few important aspects to rectify before we can be serious contenders in this competition.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
im pleased with our effort, manly didnt deserve to win that much, but oh wells i doubt we would of made an impact inthe finals anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.