Official Round 23 Team List - Canterbury Cup and Jersey Flegg

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Terrible day. Averillo in a moon boot after the game. Doorey and Lichaa injured also.
Mata’afa and Leumulu couldn’t catch a damn thing all day.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
After all the other games in Flegg that was a very costly loss as we dropped to 7th.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Terrible day. Averillo in a moon boot after the game. Doorey and Lichaa injured also.
Mata’afa and Leumulu couldn’t catch a damn thing all day.
Did Olive tackle anyone?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
After all the other games in Flegg that was a very costly loss as we dropped to 7th.
The flegg side got their best results when Averillo played in the halves.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The flegg side got their best results when Averillo played in the halves.
Is he a better half than centre? Do you think he could potentially do a job at centre early on in his NRL career and then shift to the halves later?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In CCup we finish the round in third so no damage done after the loss. We play Dragons next week at Belmore with a top 2 spot on the line.

Edit- disregard that the best we can finish is 3rd because of our points difference.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he a better half than centre? Do you think he could potentially do a job at centre early on in his NRL career and then shift to the halves later?
I think will depend on off season n how he develops physically as much as skill set. ATM I think he is suited to the halves - from memory which is old n faded Sherwin was a half who progressed in senior/ open age football as a fb / winger before reverting back to half when in first grade.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Averillo, Wakeham and Doorey are all done for the season its a massive blow to both grades.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think will depend on off season n how he develops physically as much as skill set. ATM I think he is suited to the halves - from memory which is old n faded Sherwin was a half who progressed in senior/ open age football as a fb / winger before reverting back to half when in first grade.
True. All I know is that there's going to be a centre spot open next season, surely Montoya isn't a guaranteed starter when he's fit again. Would love a teenager to make his debut for us and get an opportunity to make his mark.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
True. All I know is that there's going to be a centre spot open next season, surely Montoya isn't a guaranteed starter when he's fit again. Would love a teenager to make his debut for us and get an opportunity to make his mark.
So much can happen over an off season - a full off season can make a huge difference in a young players physical development and Iwould not be surprised if a few more players whose contracts expire at the end of 2020 leave early to take up longer contracts elsewhere eg in the UK. That would free up spots and cap space. An aggressive middle forward with size and a couple of quality outside backs would be ideal. Curtis Scott would be good and if Cronulla are taking Ramien surely they have to offload an outside back or two - Morris for a swansong, Katoa.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So much can happen over an off season - a full off season can make a huge difference in a young players physical development and Iwould not be surprised if a few more players whose contracts expire at the end of 2020 leave early to take up longer contracts elsewhere eg in the UK. That would free up spots and cap space. An aggressive middle forward with size and a couple of quality outside backs would be ideal. Curtis Scott would be good and if Cronulla are taking Ramien surely they have to offload an outside back or two - Morris for a swansong, Katoa.
Yh true. If we can sign Api and Scott for next season that would be pretty handy as they'd slot straight in and be major upgrades. Not sure who we should be looking at for forwards though as I have no real clue as to what Pay will do with what we have for next season, I'm sure what I envision as our forward pack will be different to what Pay will go with.

Not that keen on taking Morris back, he wanted to leave so let's just leave it at that. Katoa dropped off completely after a promising start so he could be something to look at. Panthers will be shedding a few more players and if they have a similar impact as DWZ for us and Blake for Parra then we could get another nice pickup.

One thing that is important moving forward is the we need to make starting team quality signings. We don't really need anymore signings where the player is going to float between the bench and reserves, we need blokes that are going to push players out of our 13 and make an impact immediately.

We have players available that can do the job off the bench, To'omaga, RFM(if he stays), Ogden, Smith, Elliott/Stimson(depending on starting 13) Britt and Kalache. If we can't make a solid bench out of that lot then we have major problems.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh true. If we can sign Api and Scott for next season that would be pretty handy as they'd slot straight in and be major upgrades. Not sure who we should be looking at for forwards though as I have no real clue as to what Pay will do with what we have for next season, I'm sure what I envision as our forward pack will be different to what Pay will go with.

Not that keen on taking Morris back, he wanted to leave so let's just leave it at that. Katoa dropped off completely after a promising start so he could be something to look at. Panthers will be shedding a few more players and if they have a similar impact as DWZ for us and Blake for Parra then we could get another nice pickup.

One thing that is important moving forward is the we need to make starting team quality signings. We don't really need anymore signings where the player is going to float between the bench and reserves, we need blokes that are going to push players out of our 13 and make an impact immediately.

We have players available that can do the job off the bench, To'omaga, RFM(if he stays), Ogden, Smith, Elliott/Stimson(depending on starting 13) Britt and Kalache. If we can't make a solid bench out of that lot then we have major problems.
add jessie sue to the bench as well - I wouldnt be surprised if somewhat like Jackson topine doesn't debut at the backend of next year.
reading corey oats is seeking 1.5 mil over three years - hope the dogs have more sense than to go down that path.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
add jessie sue to the bench as well - I wouldnt be surprised if somewhat like Jackson topine doesn't debut at the backend of next year.
reading corey oats is seeking 1.5 mil over three years - hope the dogs have more sense than to go down that path.
Forgot about Sue, we defenitely have more than enough available. I'm interested to see what we do with out backrow next season, I assume it will be made up of CHN, Jackson and Stimson? Don't really see the point in getting Stimson if we aren't starting him on an edge, his strengths seem to be line running and he could strike up a handy combo with Foran (if fit)...Jackson has looked impressive in the edge lately though.

Either way we have plenty of options and no more excuses, we should be in a good position to push for the top 8. Yh we're probably lacking those couple of key players but like we said if we get Api and say Scott then that will go a long way to sorting that out. Halves are defenitely the biggest issue with the side, we haven't got a nailed on halfback while Foran is unreliable.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im really excited to see how Topine goes, boys got talent!