Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We beat the Warriors and the refs who wanted to gift them a win. Sucked shit to the both of them. The Dogs are having a party and the Warriors and the refs are in the bin aye. Hahahaha.
I felt like the calls were just as bad to either side.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watching the game now after getting home. FMD, how did we win this game? Couldn’t buy a penalty all game. Lewis is King-God.
I know I have no voice left screaming at those cheats from level 4 lol. It was a great win for us and Lewis for me is already the best player in our team to watch. Has been for ages even in isp but stepping up to nrl the kid is getting better every game.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If those overpaid Hacks like Mbye, Foran and Woods played with the same enthusiasm as these kids from the start of the season , then I’m sure we’d be in the 8. Pay wasn’t the one who signed them remember.

I’m not blind, we can all see some of the mistakes Pay has made, and these I’m sure will get better with experience, remember this is only his first year as coach. He wasn’t lucky to inherit a gun side like the souths coach. I’m not sticking up for him mate, I’m just calling a spade a spade.
There is no way in this wide world that he is as terrible as you say he is. It’s an exaggeration mate, he’s actually ok.

Three things I like about Pay:

1. His players, play for him and like him. Top people manager. Watch the presser.

2.Not scared to blood in new players

3. People can have their opinion on this one and some will bring up the Lichaa resigning, but coaches aren’t perfect. I really think Pay has a good eye for talent.

May I add one more thing. We as supporters sit there and make comments on who should be playing how many minutes, or bench rotations etc. But we don’t know shit in how fit these players are, who can play big minutes, or at what point does a players start producing in reverse(law of diminishing returns). The coaching staff are with these players everyday and know about each players physical condition using the most advanced technology. I think they know better than us.
Experience as a coach is so pivotal and once pay gets some experience he will become a decent coach.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant remember him playing centre but ill take ya word for it. Still wouldn't mind throwing him to see how he goes, plenty of Hodges about him.
Smith played a fair bit of centre in reggies and under 20s - was woeful in defence. This year in reggies he began the year running so much harder than previously, so much more intent - still had defense issues. Since he went into fg has been great - I admit I didn't think he'd do so well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith played a fair bit of centre in reggies and under 20s - was woeful in defence. This year in reggies he began the year running so much harder than previously, so much more intent - still had defense issues. Since he went into fg has been great - I admit I didn't think he'd do so well.
x2 that. I said he should never play first grade. Worst handling I have ever seen and came up with some serious brain fart moments. Always had the strength and attitude but he has completely changed since hitting FG.... dare I say... PAY?

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cant remember him playing centre but ill take ya word for it. Still wouldn't mind throwing him to see how he goes, plenty of Hodges about him.
Went pretty good as a centre in ISP last year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
honestly, we have lost good players and it goes to show what a few hungry players can do to our fortunes.
Firstly, we are a defensive team (Like the Tigers and opposite of Canberra and GC) and for that to work we need a GK whos great like Halligan/El Masri/Hokko to make 4 into 6 since points are scarce. Enter Martin, whos shocked me, and I usually predict everything correct, but i didnt see his rise wit the boot.
Sharpshooting won today. And we wouldve won so many games with him.
Secondly, Holland has been superb when given the responsibility Like ive always told you he can be. I still think he can be an Aussie rep if we had the right players around us.

Thirdly, Lewis at this time is proving to be an X factor. I always knew he was a different cat but hes stepping up. He is related to halves royalty and hes a good aussie half that hits hard. He may one day be found out but hes going to have a cult following until that time.

Fourthly, I still believe that Mbye was so toxic for us. I dont think people see it. He chewed cap, didnt have a footy brain and his presence as a kicker meant we didnt have a Martin in waiting. I'm so glad he's gone. He is a toxic player because he flatters to deceive. Hes unsubstantiated flash. He looks good on the surface but hes a jack of all trades but a master in none. I hate him.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to like Eliott, to my own amazement
Tell me about it! The transformation over the past few weeks is incredible. I have no doubt his been told to simplify his game, run hard and tackle hard. One of our best atm

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's how it looked to me watching it on TV. They seemed to get three sets of six with ease when on our line, when we couldn't buy a penalty in their half.
Penalties went 9-5 to the Warriors. They had an extra six sets inside our twenty. 55% possession, more line breaks, more metres run, and we made more tackles. Yet, a team of kids beat them. Brilliant win, because the Dogs refused to give up.
It was a great win because unlike a lot of our wins his year, the warriors actually played good! They were given alot of opportunities either from our handling errors or the refs finding another penalty but they didn't make too many errors in attack and let us off the hook. We had to work hard for that one. And of course, having the best goalkicker in the game (... who knew he was this fkn good?) helped.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Elliott bulks up a bit in the off season he is going to be some player. Admittedly I've whinged about him plenty but his efforts this year can't be questioned

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The best thing for Pay and our chances in 2019 is that he'll go into the offseason with a lot more certainty in regards to the squad and the lineup he'll have going into round 1 or at least, who deserves to be there at the moment. He has unearthed Smith, Lewis and Martin and to a lesser degree Holland and JFM. He has had the chance to see new recruits Cooger & Meaney get a run in the NRL at the Knights and Crichton at the Panthers. For mine all he needs to do is sort out who our starting hooker will be and who gets the bench utility spot. If he gets the starting hooker decision right we have a team capable of making the bottom half of the 8 for next year and then building on from that for 2020. I think our biggest issue for next year will be replacing the Morris twins. We just don't know how big an impact their loss will have on the team...

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That field goal was the sexiest thing I've ever seen
I just like the attitude. It just screamed of ‘Fuck it, yeah I’ll have a crack’. It actually reminded me a bit of that 98 Craig Polla-Mounter long range field goal that just went under the crossbar. It was a big ‘jump-off-the-couch’ fist pump today, and that hasn’t happened for a long time.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just like the attitude. It just screamed of ‘Fuck it, yeah I’ll have a crack’. It actually reminded me a bit of that 98 Craig Polla-Mounter long range field goal that just went under the crossbar. It was a big ‘jump-off-the-couch’ fist pump today, and that hasn’t happened for a long time.
Yup no one has been game to take the punt in recent times with match in the balance
Few fists of fury from my lounge to mate lol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kid just oozes confidence and it's something we've been missing in our spine

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our only penalty in the second half was for offside Downtown returning a kick. Nothing for offside inside 10m, hand in the ruck, slow peel, etc. What really sh!ts me is that at the start of the second half when it was going set for set we were on top of them. Commentators noted that the warriors looked tired... Then Eastwoods drops it (with assistance) and it really felt like it was a real grind for us from that point on. i dont even remember how we got into field position for John Morris' try... Was it from Rhyse Martin's charge down? And our only other play was with about 10 to go and Lewis put up a cross field kick to Smith. It was beautifully placed but he wrapped his arms around RTS in the air. So given the Warriors had all the ball, actually played really well, made less errors, received 5 penalties to 1, ... how the f#ck did we win?

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not unfair criticism, it's absolutely spot on. When pay came in and sat down for his first press conference he said he was going to bring expansive footy and bring the madness, that's what he told us. Has he delivered? Absolutely not and that's why he deserves criticism. If he didn't run his mouth then i would have felt differently coming into the season and not looked at certain aspects of our play to improve this season.
Ffs have you changed your username again

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I feel sorry for everybody who wasn’t at the game today. It was a pretty decent crowd considering, and to be able to see what I think, a true coming out party for Lewis. Every great of the game starts of with a defining moment of their career and to be able to kick the winning FG in your birthday while also scoring your maiden try just caps it off. In 2 years, I think Itll be him and Ponga in the halves for QLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.