Official Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd say the past few years when you look at the level we played at, the passion and don't forget we had a five day turnaround. Haven't seen the heart and passion in the jersey in years because Des didn't get it, what the jersey means
fucking oath. culture is real. its in the fucking walls and in the memories of everyone there. you cant just substitute it with another culture and hope they mesh and strengthen. what we had is what we have and its the strongest scariest shit ever. no team, melbourne storm at their peak even, want to play the dogs when theyre defending like madmen. from there you score a point or two and you win.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
That was a low quality game but entertaining as heck.

I think the eels are trying to make that one try that unleashes the floodgates of points on the dogs.

The thing is, we didn't let that happen.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My god Lewis is absolutely putrid with the ball in hand, hopefully he's no where near the halves long-term. Still lack polish in key areas but we're doing a lot of the tough things well and seeing that certain players are no where near as bad as some people think.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit timing but I really haven't felt this way about a Dog outfit since 2014. It's been downhill from Black Friday of that year but tonight, we found our high water mark. That was what Rugby League is supposed to be about. And no matter what you think of the Eels, there was no other team I'd rather face when it comes to true Dog rivalry. Tonight, the words Grit and Glory returned to describe a Dogs effort. We have waited years for that kind of performance.
Yes yes yes. I want to add that Ive been to every Dogs game played in Sydney this year....Im fortunate that Ive been able to attend every game but to me as Im able to attend then being a true supporter means sticking solid with your team through thick and thin. Yes this year has been tough. Tough times dont last but tough people DO.

Of the 18,000 at Bankwest tonight maybe only 3,000 were Dogs supporters. I sat with my son on the northern end of the ground behind the posts in the first half...2 seats away from an aggressive arrogant Eels supporter and his halfwit mate. When we got that penalty in the first half as Parra failed to drop out before the timeclock expired I cheered the ref. The Eels dickhead screamed at me to FUCK OFF BACK TO BELMORE YOU FUCKEN LOSER. I told him the ref got it right....you dont call time off because someone is injured. The bastard continued to scream at me and my son the whole rest of the half. At halftime I reached over to him and tried to shake his hand - being the man that I am - he told me to FUCK OFF.

I shook my head, told him to grow up. My son then asked me could we move down to the Southern End to the kennel. As we walked past him I told him to enjoy the 2nd half. If there were more Bulldogs supporters there I would not of moved. Where were you guys?

Down the Southern End was the go. We sat with Bulldogs fans and when Meaney scored in front of the kennel we all went ape.

We are so proud of our boys not only for the nature of this win but for the way they have overcome the adversity of this season. All the players wanted selfies with all the kennel after the win and the scratches on Tols were testament to the constant run ins he also had with Brown. Our admiration for Jacko in calling Brown out for the Dog he is was my highlight.

Supporting your team to me means turning up when you can and cheering them on. For the players theres nothing more precious to them than to see and hear us at the games.

These guys have resolved to end this season well. We have 1 more home game this season. Why dont some of you keyboard warriors that refuse to go to games turn up to thank our boys for their efforts this season?

We may or may not make the finals. Thats not the point of the season. The players role is to play hard with passion and pride for the Club they represent. My role is to support them through thick and thin...through these good times and in their darkest hour.

I support the Canterbury Bulldogs, the players, the coaches, the trainers and the board. They are my team and Im proud of them every week.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who was there every time jnr Paulo made a run, JMK. smothered him every time not sure it was his job but he was fantastic. Hollands final pass for Meanys try was sensational.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
fucking oath. culture is real. its in the fucking walls and in the memories of everyone there. you cant just substitute it with another culture and hope they mesh and strengthen. what we had is what we have and its the strongest scariest shit ever. no team, melbourne storm at their peak even, want to play the dogs when theyre defending like madmen. from there you score a point or two and you win.
I disagree with Noviedog tbh. We defended even more doggedly in the Hasler era but no one cared because we became used to it and were expecting Grand Final appearances minimum. This only feels good because we are still shit

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with Noviedog tbh. We defended even more doggedly in the Hasler era but no one cared because we became used to it and were expecting Grand Final appearances minimum. This only feels good because we are still shit
Your opinion not mine we have defended better in the last 8 games than ive seen for 10 years at least

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your opinion not mine we have defended better in the last 8 games than ive seen for 10 years at least
We barely conceded over 20 for the first few years of Haslers reign and kept teams like Melbourne to one try.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We barely conceded over 20 for the first few years of Haslers reign and kept teams like Melbourne to one try.
Maybe we did defend well then but it was a lot better cattle this team is really standing up Parra 1 try,Souths no tries, Tiges 3 ,Panthers 1,Roosters 3! (we got 2)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes yes yes. I want to add that Ive been to every Dogs game played in Sydney this year....Im fortunate that Ive been able to attend every game but to me as Im able to attend then being a true supporter means sticking solid with your team through thick and thin. Yes this year has been tough. Tough times dont last but tough people DO.

Of the 18,000 at Bankwest tonight maybe only 3,000 were Dogs supporters. I sat with my son on the northern end of the ground behind the posts in the first half...2 seats away from an aggressive arrogant Eels supporter and his halfwit mate. When we got that penalty in the first half as Parra failed to drop out before the timeclock expired I cheered the ref. The Eels dickhead screamed at me to FUCK OFF BACK TO BELMORE YOU FUCKEN LOSER. I told him the ref got it right....you dont call time off because someone is injured. The bastard continued to scream at me and my son the whole rest of the half. At halftime I reached over to him and tried to shake his hand - being the man that I am - he told me to FUCK OFF.

I shook my head, told him to grow up. My son then asked me could we move down to the Southern End to the kennel. As we walked past him I told him to enjoy the 2nd half. If there were more Bulldogs supporters there I would not of moved. Where were you guys?

Down the Southern End was the go. We sat with Bulldogs fans and when Meaney scored in front of the kennel we all went ape.

We are so proud of our boys not only for the nature of this win but for the way they have overcome the adversity of this season. All the players wanted selfies with all the kennel after the win and the scratches on Tols were testament to the constant run ins he also had with Brown. Our admiration for Jacko in calling Brown out for the Dog he is was my highlight.

Supporting your team to me means turning up when you can and cheering them on. For the players theres nothing more precious to them than to see and hear us at the games.

These guys have resolved to end this season well. We have 1 more home game this season. Why dont some of you keyboard warriors that refuse to go to games turn up to thank our boys for their efforts this season?

We may or may not make the finals. Thats not the point of the season. The players role is to play hard with passion and pride for the Club they represent. My role is to support them through thick and thin...through these good times and in their darkest hour.

I support the Canterbury Bulldogs, the players, the coaches, the trainers and the board. They are my team and Im proud of them every week.
I would love to go to more matches but I live in Melbourne.
Enjoy those good times and making memories with your son mate!!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think I was sitting not too far from you. We were in the top tier just to the right of the posts.

Also surrounded by Parra supporters although there were a couple of Doggies fans.

When Parra Stadium was first built I had a job working in one of the fast food shops there and have seen first hand exactly what Parra Supporters are capable of. Some of the things I saw there were a lot worse than anything I ever saw at Belmore, We have the rep but they are worse.

Have to say say those Parra fans are the most illiterate about league rules in the comp. they have no idea.

I wanted to move in the 2nd half but my sons were happy to stay there and at the end of the game when we won and those Eels fans crying and whingeing and proving how clueless they really were was the most satisfying feeling. Makes my heart sing to watch Parra fans cry like little girls.

Is the guy you are talking about the one who kept standing up swearing and nearly went head over ar$e down the stadium?

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think I was sitting not too far from you. We were in the top tier just to the right of the posts.

Also surrounded by Parra supporters although there were a couple of Doggies fans.

I wanted to move in the 2nd half, when Parra Stadium was first built I had a job working in one of the fast food shops there and have seen first hand exactly what Parra Supporters are capable of. Some of the things I saw there were a lot worse than anything I ever saw at Belmore, We have the rep but they are worse.

Have to say say those Parra fans are the most illiterate about league rules in the comp. they have no idea.

My sons were happy to stay there and at the end of the game when we won and those Eels fans crying and whingeing and proving how clueless they really were was the most satisfying feeling. Makes my heart sing to watch Parra fans cry like little girls.

Is the guy you are talking about the one who kept standing up swearing and nearly went head over ar$e down the stadium?
Put simply mate, there ferals. Always will be

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s probably being a bit unfair to ferals...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

One of the better posts I’ve read in a long time.
Well done @Dogtime.

I’m at ANZ pretty much every home game and non-home games like Soufs (ANZ Member + Dogs Member). Unfortunately couldn’t get to Bankwest this week due to work stuff.

Crowds have been pretty sparse this year for obvious reasons but like you say - thick n’ thin and I agree wholeheartedly.

I encourage all Sydney based supporters to get to as many games as you can. I know it’s easy to take the couch option with 9/Fox/Kayo but the boys need our support in person. I hope there’s a really good crowd at ANZ vs the Ponies to close out our season in two weeks before we enter 6 months of boredom...

Apart from supporting, anyone who’s not a member of the club, sign up! There’s many affordable options and apart from being at games, nothing says ‘I’m a Bulldog’ like being a member.

Rock on Doggies fans...

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

When Parra Stadium was first built I had a job working in one of the fast food shops there and have seen first hand exactly what Parra Supporters are capable of. Some of the things I saw there were a lot worse than anything I ever saw at Belmore, We have the rep but they are worse.

I wanted to move in the 2nd half but my sons were happy to stay there and at the end of the game when we won and those Eels fans crying and whingeing and proving how clueless they really were was the most satisfying feeling. Makes my heart sing to watch Parra fans cry like little girls.

The Parra lunatic wasnt very tall...he had a goaty and kept dropping the F bomb....40 minutes near the lunatic was enough for us. This guy wasnt standing up so much I dont think.

Another thing I really enjoyed was the pre match preview by Sterlo shown on the big screen...he spoke of how good the Parra season was going and how a good win tonight will help them cement a position in the top 4. I just knew we were going to have another intense performance...so Sterlos expectation of a resounding Parra victory was music to my ears. Not so easy to beat the Dogs at the moment eh Sterlo...even on your home turf!!!!