Official Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silence Moses the speedhump and put a few bone rattlers on Gutho and the game is ours.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The competition is absolute trash this year, the fact we are still even a slim chance to make the finals shows the quality.
There's so few good halves in the comp. I dunno if it was always like this but it feels like there used to be more competitive halves.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beat the parra scum and results fall our way the flame flickers for another week I might might be open to a slim possibility of a finals berth

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why have a spare half on the bench?
Ogden and Fualalo should find their way onto the bench.
The eels are not as effective without Ferguson.
you do realize Foran is playing , right ?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Anyone have freebies they don't mind giving out for this game? :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up dean
Lol. They act like he has been bad in reserves when he hasn't other than the odd game here where most of the side didn't turn up.

While playing firstgrade he has outperformed someone like Smith who has very clearly already reached his peak, you don't even need to look at the stats to tell, but if you do you will see that Ogden out stats him in every area other than I think line break assists where Smith has one..

It's pretty clear cut that Ogden should be in the side over Smith, he regularly topped the play the ball speed for us in the middle while playing firstgrade and his metres per run are the biggest of any forward at the club. We even have Elliott and RFM as cover for the edges so Smith's versatility isn't even a requirement right now, much prefer an out and out prop to join To'omaga and RFM on the bench... everything pretty much supports this move right now, especially if we're going to be carrying Cogger.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why have a spare half on the bench?
Ogden and Fualalo should find their way onto the bench.
The eels are not as effective without Ferguson.
Ferguson hasnt played the last 4 games and they won without him.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No point in changing a winning team unless there’s a genuine regular coming back eg last week with Foran.

Smiths been doing a handy job of late whereas Ogden hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire in CC. He genuinely bottled it in that Brisbane game with some of the limpest attempts at tackling I’ve ever seen. I’m comfortable with the fact that he hasn’t been sighted in FG since.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Ogden has the ability. However he does not possess the necessary intensity for first grade.
If he can lift, and maintain the increase for a longer period he could be good.
He came to the Dogs as a "hitman". I havnt seen that from him.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. They act like he has been bad in reserves when he hasn't other than the odd game here where most of the side didn't turn up.

While playing firstgrade he has outperformed someone like Smith who has very clearly already reached his peak, you don't even need to look at the stats to tell, but if you do you will see that Ogden out stats him in every area other than I think line break assists where Smith has one..

It's pretty clear cut that Ogden should be in the side over Smith, he regularly topped the play the ball speed for us in the middle while playing firstgrade and his metres per run are the biggest of any forward at the club. We even have Elliott and RFM as cover for the edges so Smith's versatility isn't even a requirement right now, much prefer an out and out prop to join To'omaga and RFM on the bench... everything pretty much supports this move right now, especially if we're going to be carrying Cogger.
This brother

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First grade is done boys!
There is no point whinging about Ogden not being in first grade.
Get around the Ccup through the finals and go back to back Ogden is needed there..
Hopefully our Ccup and Jersey Flegg teams will be there on grand final day, something for us to cheer about.
Next year i want Kalache to take Smiths spot at 13 he's only getting better.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get around the Ccup through the finals and to go back to back Ogden is needed there..
Next year i want Kalache to take Smiths spot at 13 he's only hetting better.
Kalache was the best forward on the park in CCup last weekend. Got through a tonne of work and it was all quality.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no point whinging about Ogden not being in first grade.
Get around the Ccup through the finals and go back to back Ogden is needed there..
Hopefully our Ccup and Jersey Flegg teams will be there on grand final day, something for us to cheer about.
Next year i want Kalache to take Smiths spot at 13 he's only getting better.
It's shit how the NRL have structured the comps now CCup and Flegg GF's are played the week before the NRL GF.
We are a red hot chance to win both.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Ferguson and Blake be together on one side? The side with Meaney and Holland?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea how the Eels are so high with that team. The level of the entire competition really is so low this year
They have played storm and roosters once and got smashed by both. The past two months they have played teams out of the eight with exception of Manly where they also lost. They are in for a hiding and a reality check very soon.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Silence Moses the speedhump and put a few bone rattlers on Gutho and the game is ours.
Need to put heaps of pressure on Moses kicking game... They been scoring a majority of their tries through kicks lately.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Need to put heaps of pressure on Moses kicking game... They been scoring a majority of their tries through kicks lately.
I thought our kick pressure on Reynolds was really good, more of the same please.