Official Round 22 Team List - Canterbury Cup and Jersey Flegg

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are huge chances of winning both Flegg and CCup when you consider the players who will drop back into both teams.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Terrible 30 seconds from Meaney

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah they won 18-12 full time
Lucky Souths didn’t make their conversations, it could’ve been a different ending to the game. I’d like to see Averillo come back to Flegg, his conversations make a world of a difference and would be good to use him to creep up on our for and against especially with these last two rounds we could possibly have some high scoring games if the Flegg boys are playing up to standard.
No flack on Topine though. He is an outstanding player and leader. He will definitely be going places!

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky Souths didn’t make their conversations, it could’ve been a different ending to the game. I’d like to see Averillo come back to Flegg, his conversations make a world of a difference and would be good to use him to creep up on our for and against especially with these last two rounds we could possibly have some high scoring games if the Flegg boys are playing up to standard.
No flack on Topine though. He is an outstanding player and leader. He will definitely be going places!
My opinion is the main purpose of flegg and ccup is to prepare players to be ready for nrl.
The players developments are more important than the result. Based on that i rather averillo stays in ccup, get experience playing vs men, than back playing flegg.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogden and Kalache were great on Saturday night and put the pack on their backs and carried them. I havent had a chance to look at any stats but Kalache was heavily involved in attack and defence.
Okunbor and Averillo were the stand outs in the backline. Averillo really hasn't looked out of place in CCup since he was promoted it's hard not to get very excited about this kid.
Nu Brown was the pick of the halves with Wakeham having been rather quite since dropping playing NRL.

The Flegg game was very similar to the NRL arm wrestle which is pretty uncommon in that grade. It was a very even contest and out best were Topine, Tass and Hetherington is starting to look classy out of dummy half.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Far out how quick is Averillo?.. The kid looks so good with that try then setting up another one.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He looks exciting, our depth is looking so good. With all 3 grades firing as you mentioned before maybe back to back for Reggie’s and pups have a good chance

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looks exciting, our depth is looking so good. With all 3 grades firing as you mentioned before maybe back to back for Reggie’s and pups have a good chance
I'd have to look into who is eligible for CCup finals for us but we could possibly have Holland, Lichaa, Chris Smith, To'omaga, Fualalo, Chricton and RFM all drop down to play once NRL is over and in Flegg Averillo and Doorey will drop down.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah looks good. Good idea putting some money into these young kids like Schoupp. Guess we have the cash to do so

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah looks good. Good idea putting some money into these young kids like Schoupp. Guess we have the cash to do so
We just have to have some faith in the junior scouts. Its so much cheaper finding the next Latrell's and Turbo's before they hit NRL then shelling out big bucks after they have already made a name from themselves.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ogden and Kalache were great on Saturday night and put the pack on their backs and carried them. I havent had a chance to look at any stats but Kalache was heavily involved in attack and defence.
Okunbor and Averillo were the stand outs in the backline. Averillo really hasn't looked out of place in CCup since he was promoted it's hard not to get very excited about this kid.
Nu Brown was the pick of the halves with Wakeham having been rather quite since dropping playing NRL.

The Flegg game was very similar to the NRL arm wrestle which is pretty uncommon in that grade. It was a very even contest and out best were Topine, Tass and Hetherington is starting to look classy out of dummy half.
Surely the club has to be thinking of throwing Averillo into the firstgrade side next season, we don't have a left centre and this bloke seems to have massive wraps on him. Doesn't look off the pace in reserves so with a full pre season he should be ready to make a debut. Feels like forever since we gave a teenager a debut.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely the club has to be thinking of throwing Averillo into the firstgrade side next season, we don't have a left centre and this bloke seems to have massive wraps on him. Doesn't look off the pace in reserves so with a full pre season he should be ready to make a debut. Feels like forever since we gave a teenager a debut.
Yeah I think he will playing NRL this time next year for sure if not earlier.

I think we haven't seen a teenager debut for a while because we just haven't had one that good enough in ages.

A lot of duds have gotten hyped up but Averillo looks the real deal.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We just have to have some faith in the junior scouts. Its so much cheaper finding the next Latrell's and Turbo's before they hit NRL then shelling out big bucks after they have already made a name from themselves.
Yeah agree, good smart stuff. Like it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I think he will playing NRL this time next year for sure if not earlier.

I think we haven't seen a teenager debut for a while because we just haven't had one that good enough in ages.

A lot of duds have gotten hyped up but Averillo looks the real deal.
Surely we can't start the year with Montoya at centre again...lol.