• Souths 13+

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
TBH i think Lewis' kicking is terrible.. he found the fullback on every occasion in the past few games and that results in the opposition starting there sets on at least the 30 metre line. At least cogger finds teh grass or the sideline on occasions, probably not regularly enough but still way more than lewis.

Any way the old saying, "attack is the best form of defense" should be our mantra .. not "lets pick lewis so he can stop S. Burgess". thats a real negative mind set
Foran could be under done after missing 6 weeks and with Lewis's limited attack we will be easily shut down. Cogger has shown some nice signs lately and his confidence is high so he should be able to take the heat off Foran.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah i consider this bad coaching if Cogger is demoted .. like you said, hes been showing some good signs and confidence is high.. would be a real slap in the face to him considering he has clearly outplayed lewis

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
yeah i consider this bad coaching if Cogger is demoted .. like you said, hes been showing some good signs and confidence is high.. would be a real slap in the face to him considering he has clearly outplayed lewis
Yeah but sometimes with the young guys. You take them down a level. See if they dominate with more time. Gives them confidence as well as the game slows down a lot.

Pay would know where Coggers head is at the moment, and what he needs to work on. Harder to work on your game at the top level than it is at the level below.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but sometimes with the young guys. You take them down a level. See if they dominate with more time. Gives them confidence as well as the game slows down a lot.

Pay would know where Coggers head is at the moment, and what he needs to work on. Harder to work on your game at the top level than it is at the level below.
i cant speak for anyone else . but when im doing a great job in my role at work and then im rewarded with a demotion, id be p!ss3d..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i cant speak for anyone else . but when im doing a great job in my role at work and then im rewarded with a demotion, id be p!ss3d..
Especially when Lewis has shown very little with the ball since his NRL return. Dropping Cogger is more then likely going to destroy his confidence.

I'd be shocked if they go with Lewis over Cogger.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
We ain't winning shit this year. Opportunities to work on your game can only be good. Lewis was demoted to work on his game. And with that in mind, he knows he will have to work very hard in the offseason if he wants to keep his place.

And there is lots for him to work on.

Either way, Pay will be talking to him. And I'm sure that there is some discussion on the pressures of performing in First grade. Pay would be one who has his pulse on the player. And obviously thinks this is for the best in the short term.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back slam Reynolds got a sore back.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Lewis ive been wanting him to go to the next level.
But im abit disappointed with him he hasnt improved and doesn't take the line on.
Cogger has improved the last few weeks with his game management and i think Pay will stick with him.
With Lewis on the left hand side its because of his defense and sliding has stopped the flow of tries down that side.
Lewis on the bench.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Went to Belmore today and had a chat with Lachlan Lewis.

Foran in
Cogger on bench
JMK to hooker
Lichaa gone
Can live with that.

That's my pick, but could've lived with either Lewis/Cogger on bench.

Next time ya there get him to sign a jersey and send it my way Hahaha :-)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Went to Belmore today and had a chat with Lachlan Lewis.

Foran in
Cogger on bench
JMK to hooker
Lichaa gone
I would have preferred Foran on the bench. He can be used from the bench in short spells whenever there is a need.
Leave Cogger and Lewis as starters.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lewis to hooker JMK on bench foran and cogger in the halves
Play all 3 Hopefully
I would hate to see lewis dropped based on keeping the winning team together somehow
Licca suffers because he's leaving... Not on form.
His form has been adequate, kind of
But he needs to make way for foran, not lewis

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
But it would make sense shifting lewis to hooker or starting with JMK with lewis on the bench
I would have preferred Foran on the bench. He can be used from the bench in short spells whenever there is a need.
Leave Cogger and Lewis as starters.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, ANZ Stadium, 7.35pm

Rabbitohs: 1. Adam Doueihi 2. Dane Gagai 3. James Roberts 4. Braidon Burns 5. Campbell Graham 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Sam Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. Liam Knight 11. Ethan Lowe 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Cameron Murray Interchange: 14. Thomas Burgess 15. John Sutton 16. Dean Britt 17. Tevita Tatola Reserves: 18. Mark Nicholls 19. Corey Allan 20. Bayley Sironen 21. Connor Tracey

Players cut:

Bulldogs: 1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2. Nick Meaney 3. Kerrod Holland 4. Will Hopoate 5. Reimis Smith 6. Jack Cogger 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12. Corey Harawira-Naera 13. Chris Smith Interchange: 14. Jeremy Marshall-King 15. Renouf To’omaga 16. Danny Fualalo 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner Reserves: 19. Morgan Harper 20. Kieran Foran 21. Adam Elliott 22. Ofahiki Ogden

Players cut:

Late mail: Foxsports.com.au understands Kieran Foran will be called into the starting side and play his first game in two months. Foran has been battling ankle and hamstring issues since last strapping on the boots in Round 15, but the veteran will return to the halves this weekend. It will then be up to coach Dean Pay whether to axe Jack Cogger or Lachlan Lewis from the side. Sam Burgess and Adam Reynolds are confirmed starters for South Sydney.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A win is a win, a loss is more probable..!!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1-12 either way.

BUT we have to play like did against Penrith, with heart, grit and pride.

If we played like last week we will be done 13+.
I agree
If we play like we did against the tigers then Souths will destroy us
I was fairly unhappy with last weeks game given the situation

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Cogger has earned the right to stay in the team. Lewis hasn’t.
Foran hasn't earned the spot. Win's a win and we have been without him. Only reason he plays is because of 1.2 mil!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran hasn't earned the spot. Win's a win and we have been without him. Only reason he plays is because of 1.2 mil!
Agreed but it looks like he’s straight back in.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both Cogger and Lewis deserve to play but if Poppy Foran has to be included... Cogger goes to the bench and is used with JMK and given a licence to run at will, might be effective for us.

Plus when KF breaks down again, Cogger goes back in the halves with Lewis and they continue growing their combo..