• Souths 13+

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree, I think they've BOTH earned the right to keep their spots, especially over Foran.
I wouldn't have a problem if Foran sat the year out so I agree but it looks like Foran is playing so if one misses out it's Lewis.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just don't think Foran and Cogger play well together. Foran and Lewis do.

Id have Lewis and Cogger with Foran in Reserves. If all 3 are in the side JMK has to lay 80 with Lichaa out and Lewis on the bench. Neither of these will happen though.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem if Foran sat the year out so I agree but it looks like Foran is playing so if one misses out it's Lewis.
I agree Cogger probably brings more of a point-of-difference to Foran than Lewis does, I just think they both deserve to play on. People can say the wins came too late, which is correct, but they HAVE come, with Cogger/Lewis being the combo. Like you, I'd be happy enough to see Foran sit out the year, I don't believe in the logic "he's on that much coin, we HAVE to play him!" Add to that the very real concern that Foran gets injured again during the game, we can't have a back-up hooker AND half on the bench, it leaves us short elsewhere.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran has greater ability than the two put together. sadly his body fails him at times.
The best solution is to play Foran off the bench, and bring him on when needed and in short stints.
I think that would also extend his game time.
Also I think JMK should be the 80 minute hooker.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran has greater ability than the two put together. sadly his body fails him at times.
The best solution is to play Foran off the bench, and bring him on when needed and in short stints.
I think that would also extend his game time.
Also I think JMK should be the 80 minute hooker.
Playing short stints off the bench would greatly increase the chance of a soft tissue injury and burn interchanges.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran has more ability it is left big toe (when it's not injured) than the other 2. He must be in the team when he is fit to play. You guys seem to forget that when the rest of the team were struggling earlier in the year the only shinning light was Foran. While he is contracted and fit to play he must play first grade.

I agree with some of the other guys, Lewis to the bench, JMK starts and Lichaa plays A grade for Moorebank Rams.
I agree Cogger probably brings more of a point-of-difference to Foran than Lewis does, I just think they both deserve to play on. People can say the wins came too late, which is correct, but they HAVE come, with Cogger/Lewis being the combo. Like you, I'd be happy enough to see Foran sit out the year, I don't believe in the logic "he's on that much coin, we HAVE to play him!" Add to that the very real concern that Foran gets injured again during the game, we can't have a back-up hooker AND half on the bench, it leaves us short elsewhere.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran has more ability it is left big toe (when it's not injured) than the other 2. He must be in the team when he is fit to play. You guys seem to forget that when the rest of the team were struggling earlier in the year the only shinning light was Foran. While he is contracted and fit to play he must play first grade.

I agree with some of the other guys, Lewis to the bench, JMK starts and Lichaa plays A grade for Moorebank Rams.
So does Terry Lamb, maybe we should get him to throw on a jersey. The irony is, Lamb would probably last longer than Foran injury-wise at the moment... :laughing:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have said all along. Foran is a championship caliber player with a huge heart and great skill set. Guy is fearless.

His body on the other hand. Simply put he isn’t up to first grade standard. We are just unlucky enough to throw huge money at a broken player. Fact is, if he plays this weekend it will be his 49th game in 4 years. So he literally has missed every second game. You can’t give 1.2 million dollar to a player like that.

And worst thing is it isn’t like it’s a one off injury. It’s calf strains, hammies, ankle injuries etc. literally his body is saying it’s done.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any reason we keep getting the new lady ref?...I don't mind because that at least means it's not Sutton or Cummins but I think that's 3 in a row

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any reason we keep getting the new lady ref?...I don't mind because that at least means it's not Sutton or Cummins but I think that's 3 in a row
Probably waiting for Sweet Caroline to come on, heard we know how to partry.

Reactions: DT

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths are a lot tougher than the others, this will be a big test.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably because dogs are not in contention for the 8 as they are probably keeping her away from the bigger games

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Pay does pick Lewis over Cogger, it confirms the comments people have made about him having a simplistic game plan.. Cogger shows so much more promise in attack than Lewis... Sounds like Pay found Hasler game plan book where he stated " we will win if we can keep the opposition to 14 points or less.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Pay does pick Lewis over Cogger, it confirms the comments people have made about him having a simplistic game plan.. Cogger shows so much more promise in attack than Lewis... Sounds like Pay found Hasler game plan book where he stated " we will win if we can keep the opposition to 14 points or less.
I still think if Pay picks Foran, Lewis would be the better option. Foran and Cogger playing together was quite stale and kicking games were horrible with them.

Gotta say though that Coggers kicking game has improved the past few weeks.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

I think we all know when right Foran is better by far than both the other 2. And considering he has a decade more experience and is being paid what he is, he bloody well better be lol. I think ppl are talking more about which combination seems to work best. This year so far our best form has been the Lewis / Cogger combo surprisingly.

If i had to choose 1 to drop from Lewis and Cogger, id drop Lewis. But Lewis has improved lately too.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still think if Pay picks Foran, Lewis would be the better option. Foran and Cogger playing together was quite stale and kicking games were horrible with them.

Gotta say though that Coggers kicking game has improved the past few weeks.
TBH i think Lewis' kicking is terrible.. he found the fullback on every occasion in the past few games and that results in the opposition starting there sets on at least the 30 metre line. At least cogger finds teh grass or the sideline on occasions, probably not regularly enough but still way more than lewis.

Any way the old saying, "attack is the best form of defense" should be our mantra .. not "lets pick lewis so he can stop S. Burgess". thats a real negative mind set

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBH i think Lewis' kicking is terrible.. he found the fullback on every occasion in the past few games and that results in the opposition starting there sets on at least the 30 metre line. At least cogger finds teh grass or the sideline on occasions, probably not regularly enough but still way more than lewis.

Any way the old saying, "attack is the best form of defense" should be our mantra .. not "lets pick lewis so he can stop S. Burgess". thats a real negative mind set
Yeah Cogger also finds the bloke 1m in front of him a lot also costing us 40m.
Lewis can get repeat sets and gives the wingers a chance close, yet to see Cogger do this consistently. Our kicking all round is average just my opinion on the 2.
But yeah agree we shouldn't pick Lewis just on defense alone, but I think Foran and Lewis play a better game together than Foran and Cogger.
Id be happy to leave Cogger/Lewis for the rest of the year, but wont happen.