Round 21 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great win but fuck hoppas last line of defence is terrible

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great win but fuck hoppas last line of defence is terrible
Milford try? Not even Slater is stopping him that close to the line and wrong footed

The last try to Isaako? Pretty sure Hoppa came off the scrum packed on opposite side of field the try was scored?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Milford try? Not even Slater is stopping him that close to the line and wrong footed

The last try to Isaako? Pretty sure Hoppa came off the scrum packed on opposite side of field the try was scored?
He never makes a big effort close to the line a super lack of urgency watch any other fullback they have a go much more

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa is actually very safe at the back and has good positional play.. I don't think much could have been done about those tries, regardless of the fullback.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t know what kind of game plan Bennett told the boys hahahaha our right side defence is always where the issues are and Bennett’s boys went there about 2 times the whole game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t know what kind of game plan Bennett told the boys hahahaha our right side defence is always where the issues are and Bennett’s boys went there about 2 times the whole game.
It's come on since Smith and Holland were paired but yea the Morris side is a brick wall so it was a very strange tactic from little head

Last edited by a moderator:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think we are the same in our right side defence anymore. Over the weeks that side has defended as they should as other teams have tried to break it and in most cases have failed . Holland’s game has taken to a new level and he is defending well on that side as well as his attack I never thought I would be saying this but it’s good to see him there. He and Lewis and a few others have injected so much energy and life back into this team. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the rest of there games there enthusiasm is unbelievable.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I swear it looked like Lewis was enjoying being with Ruan Sims with the stare and smile at the end hahahaha
You seen his girlfriend ?
I don’t think he has the hots for a man/woman.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really liked what I saw tonight. Reimis looks really good. Ogden is going to be better next year. Martin is a keeper. LL showed good signs. JJ if he plays like that is a guarantee for Origin. Danny stood up, big time. The new bloke, although a short stint, looked promising. We also looked well coached tonight, well done Pay. Some good signs ahead imo.

Still need a hooker with crisp fast service.
Segeyaro should do the job, nicely.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I loved watching Reimis Smith last night. He's a wild man. Loose af and shit happens when he's playing up tempo footy.

Poor man's Rapana. He was taking hit ups on the second tackle after resets. I'm all about him this week haha.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Chris Smith is going to be a real goer.. Obviously we didn't see much from him tonight but there was good intent in what he did do... looking forward to seeing him go again
He goes hard for sure. Keen to see him with some more game time abd involvement.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I loved watching Reimis Smith last night. He's a wild man. Loose af and shit happens when he's playing up tempo footy.

Poor man's Rapana. He was taking hit ups on the second tackle after resets. I'm all about him this week haha.
Yep hes a very good player

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You seen his girlfriend ?
I don’t think he has the hots for a man/woman.
Sims really does look like her brothers though lol, you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How the fuck did we win that game with something to spare with the refs being abysmal??

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all the Pay haters, we still don't have the class most of the other teams have, the broncs team on paper should be worth close to twice ours, but when a team wins because they are playing as a team, credit must be given to the coach.
IMHO also I thought that Lewis and Frawley worked better together than Lewis and JMK had previously.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t understand the Hoppa hate. He’s been outstanding since moving back to FB
Yes he has been outstanding of late. Out standing in the wrong part of the field.
He is lazy, he has no pace, his positioning is abysmal. He has let in tries the last two games we have played. Why sugar coat it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes he has been outstanding of late. Out standing in the wrong part of the field.
He is lazy, he has no pace, his positioning is abysmal. He has let in tries the last two games we have played. Why sugar coat it.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understand the pace bit. If he had a bit extra he’d be dynamite. Last two tries? The Milford one nobody would have stopped that one. Milf is quick and agile. And the last try. Hoppa was packed into the scrum at Lock. No FB would have gotten there.

Let’s just disregard his involvement in the Bmoz try that he helped set up with a gem of a pass. And disregard his try backing up. It’s no coincidence we’ve been attacking better since he went to FB.

People need to let the Sunday thing go. He copped enough shit about the Sunday thing. I didn’t agree with it. Yes it was a shit go but blame the club who allowed it. Blame the previous management. Give the poor bloke a break. He’s playing good footy and has been one out best the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.