Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After watching ISP today the only changes I would make next week would be.
As much as I don’t rate Tolman the only way to use him is at 13 for 80 minutes
That allow Danny and ( Burr ,Ogden, Tualau or Toamonga?) to replace Klemmer and Woods.
Fine to bench also as he can fill in as an centre in case of injury.
Remove Elliott and Eastwood .
Make Eastwood play 80 minutes each week in ISP to get some match fitness.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we continue to fail. Round 4

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Tolman

14. Fualalo
15. Tualau
16. Elliot
17. Burr

Fualalo is a gpod player, we need his impact off the bench. He seemed gased after 20mins last night. Swap him with klem after 25-30mins to keep up momentum (which tolman kills)

Tualau on for woods. Burr/Elliot to cover back row. Burr could jump into front row if needed.

JMK should either replace Frawley or not be in the 17. Its a waste. Lichaa should play 80. Not fit enough, get fit enough.

Thoughts?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree I think our forwards did well... they got us up field and made more metres then I have seen in a while.. its our backs that need fixing... josh is good in defence but his attack is shit house as his to slow... hopa to me also looked slow which doesn't help... these days you need centres that are tall quick and strong...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree I think our forwards did well... they got us up field and made more metres then I have seen in a while.. its our backs that need fixing... josh is good in defence but his attack is shit house as his to slow... hopa to me also looked slow which doesn't help... these days you need centres that are tall quick and strong...
I think people are looking for some magical reason why we lost rather than focus on how well we did. It was only a couple of opportunistic tries that cost us the points. Overall not only were we competitive but we were knocking on the door of beating them. Some of our players didn't play their best game but it is round 1 and some of them were in unfamiliar roles in terms of playing under comp conditions. Hoppa played better than I have seen him for a while yesterday and JMoz went pretty well too and both are plenty quick enough. He didn't get a lot clean ball last night although he at least got some for a change. Wait until the systems kick in as second nature in the next couple of weeks before you write our backs off. Hardly anyone has mentioned Montoya. I thought he was our poorest back last night. Given we have a real speedster in Bergamin sitting in the reggies and playing FB I think Montoya is under more pressure than the others.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think people are looking for some magical reason why we lost rather than focus on how well we did. It was only a couple of opportunistic tries that cost us the points. Overall not only were we competitive but we were knocking on the door of beating them. Some of our players didn't play their best game but it is round 1 and some of them were in unfamiliar roles in terms of playing under comp conditions. Hoppa played better than I have seen him for a while yesterday and JMoz went pretty well too and both are plenty quick enough. He didn't get a lot clean ball last night although he at least got some for a change. Wait until the systems kick in as second nature in the next couple of weeks before you write our backs off. Hardly anyone has mentioned Montoya. I thought he was our poorest back last night. Given we have a real speedster in Bergamin sitting in the reggies and playing FB I think Montoya is under more pressure than the others.
yea but I have noticed when josh marks up against a gun centre from another team he always marks up in defence and does well but his attack just disappears no matter what.. he did get some good ball last night and was always shut down so fast without doing much... the twins are the best we have at the moment and time will tell if our new game plan will get them playing they way they used to but if they don't fire this year then forget signing them next year... again as I said in another thread time will answer all questions still early days

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
yea but I have noticed when josh marks up against a gun centre from another team he always marks up in defence and does well but his attack just disappears no matter what.. he did get some good ball last night and was always shut down so fast without doing much... the twins are the best we have at the moment and time will tell if our new game plan will get them playing they way they used to but if they don't fire this year then forget signing them next year... again as I said in another thread time will answer all questions still early days
I get that, but on the flip side their gun centre was contained all night as well. Does that mean Chambers is rubbish in attack? That's what top class centres do - they cancel each other out. It wasn't Chambers or Scott that tore us apart. It was their speed men out wide and that big lump NAS up the guts.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our starters were fine but our bench forwards were diabolical. Our 3 bench forwards combined for 4 runs over 8m, like seriously? That's garbage. They were shit and Storm walked through us during that period because they didn't aim up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
After watching ISP today the only changes I would make next week would be.
As much as I don’t rate Tolman the only way to use him is at 13 for 80 minutes
That allow Danny and ( Burr ,Ogden, Tualau or Toamonga?) to replace Klemmer and Woods.
Fine to bench also as he can fill in as an centre in case of injury.
Remove Elliott and Eastwood .
Make Eastwood play 80 minutes each week in ISP to get some match fitness.
Tolman can barely make an impact off the bench against weaker forwards and fatigued players yet you want to start him against better forwards and for bigger minutes? No way.

Forwards need to contribute in attack and defence and Tolman just can't do that. He's weak, slow, and lacks any real ability. Tolman has well and truly been left behind by the game and physically he just isn't up to it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman was a massive momentum killer so people want him to play 80 minutes?
I guess you can’t kill momentum if you don’t have any!!
Yup, it's a ridiculous suggestion. People aren't up to speed with todays game if they think playing Tolman for 80 is a good idea lol.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our starters were fine but our bench forwards were diabolical. Our 3 bench forwards combined for 4 runs over 8m, like seriously? That's garbage. They were shit and Storm walked through us during that period because they didn't aim up.
are those seriously the stats for our bench forwards? Fmd that's embarrassing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
are those seriously the stats for our bench forwards? Fmd that's embarrassing.
Yup, will wait for final stat updates but that's as they stand atm.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Those stats are wrong... easily wrong.

Tolman ran 8m from dummy half on one hitup alone.

Roosters will come out firing....
We wont win this one, but it will be a much closer game than last night.
We need to build off last night and hopefully get a handful of wins in the first 12 rounds
Roosters issues aren't on the field during a game.
Too many egos, too much talent.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you check how many mins each player played?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Those stats are wrong... easily wrong.

Tolman ran 8m from dummy half on one hitup alone.

Roosters issues aren't on the field during a game.
Too many egos, too much talent.
Stats updated, he made 3 runs over 8m and 8 runs under 8m. And no they're absolutely not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.