Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree with just about everything, except I feel CC made the decision to switch focus of attack to the right and it paid off.
Our right edge looks miles better than our left at this stage, even Mason was talking up the right edge before round 1 and said he was excited to see them play.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I have never seen a player in any grade get an inside ball from a bloke on the touch line then head straight back to where the pass came from, thought the attempted pass to himself was a creative touch though……
I'm trying to understand his thinking....did he think Grant was going to catch him so the better option was to run back to Meaney and sidestep him? lol.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand his thinking....did he think Grant was going to catch him so the better option was to run back to Meaney and sidestep him? lol.
I don’t think he could tell you what he was thinking, and that right there is his biggest issue NFI

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham was a fucking beast. Beat the first defender nearly every time. Not much talk about him but I was impressed.
Does anyone else have Talau vibes around Alomoti. Fucking stocky, powerful but good footwork. He should become a huge weapon for us once he gets a few more games under his belt. Like, imagine him up against a shitty defender (2nd rower defending in the centre). He could go large or put on a fuckload of tries, getting his arm free for the Foxx.
I mentioned it on here a while back that when I look at him on that left edge I see Willie Talau.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I have never seen a player in any grade get an inside ball from a bloke on the touch line then head straight back to where the pass came from, thought the attempted pass to himself was a creative touch though……
You do it if the FB slides across to stop both players and you can wrong foot him, but you don't do it with a second defender in vicinity.

I'm sure he realised it as soon as he got tackled and hopefully he doesn't screw up a play like that again.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You do it if the FB slides across to stop both players and you can wrong foot him, but you don't do it with a second defender in vicinity.

I'm sure he realised it as soon as he got tackled and hopefully he doesn't screw up a play like that again.
I applaud your optimism.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You could sense his confidence growing throughout the game.

A footy player with instincts ... not just a battering ram.

Little concerned about the left edge defensively though.
His defense is fine imo. Its Burton and Kikau when he’s gassed that lets that side down

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wht did you guys make of hayze perham. He isn’t overplaying his hand. He had a good line break and I know he is capable of many more.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wht did you guys make of hayze perham. He isn’t overplaying his hand. He had a good line break and I know he is capable of many more.
I thought he looked very good, 80 minutes, 192 metres, 7 tackle busts, 1 line break …

When he settles in he’ll start to score some points, thought he played really well.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did we go overall with the penalties, errors, 6 agains vs last week(which was around 29 someone posted)? I'm guessing significantly less.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I thought he looked very good, 80 minutes, 192 metres, 7 tackle busts, 1 line break …

When he settles in he’ll start to score some points, thought he played really well.
I am very excited about our fullback - he is showing he can be solid at the back. Just needs more experience and gelling with combinations and improvements on position. That step and speed to burn is what we have been missing since Ben Barba days.