Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a serious comment and call out all the doomers here who said we would get flogged? Seriously the amount of negativity here when we lose is off the charts, some of the biggest calls here about the team you love is embarrassing, it’s beyond a joke. Show your support!
I stuck fat and picked them. Only true Doggies supporters stick!

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree it's working to a degree, but ONE particular team gets around salary cap restraints by way of TPA's.

They seem to have more rep players than any other club and poach young talent from other teams at will.

No prizes for guessing who.
That’s why you’ll find no brown paper bags in any of the supermarkets out that way. Shelves are always empty.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That would be nice. Forwards played much better than round 1. I liked Kikau’s talk all game.
Yeah needs to get a bit more fitness in and he'll be even better.

What'd you think of Alamoti? I was really happy from what I saw.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets hope that TPJ watches King and learns from him.
Alamoti was much better today and should improve further.
Kiraz was great always seemed to make ground played one of his best games.
Pele did Ok, pity it wasn't another 20 minutes of it.
The gun will only ever make an NRL ball boy, why oh why do they insist on playing him., he is a hinderence to Burton and the whole team.
The gun set up 2 tries, Burton can't run and pass, what game you watching?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The gun set up 2 tries, Burton can't run and pass, what game you watching?
The gun did not set up two tries. He played a role in two tries. Flanno did some good things like the steal and some great d, but he also did some fkn pedestrian shit with the ball in hand

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree it's working to a degree, but ONE particular team gets around salary cap restraints by way of TPA's.

They seem to have more rep players than any other club and poach young talent from other teams at will.

No prizes for guessing who.
Agree and it's the reason ALL salaries and TPA's MUST be published, just as all salaries of professional team athletes are published on Sportrac in the US. There's no reason all this information isn't published here when it us in the US. Privacy concerns of the players....BULLSHIT...the ONLY reason for not being published is because players and player managers don't want TPA's reported because then they'd have to pay tax on them. There's no doubt no tax is being currently paid on many TPA's

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah needs to get a bit more fitness in and he'll be even better.

What'd you think of Alamoti? I was really happy from what I saw.
Alamoti is good. I like how he is playing mistake free footy, strong runs from yardage and making his tackles. He has a nice subtle offload which he has hasn’t used yet. Good combo with the Fox soon I reckon. Will get more space when Burton and Kikau click. Lots to look forward to

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Ciraldo’ unacceptable speech was passed on to the playing group and the effort today reflects that.

Senior and big money players, (Burton,JAC, Kiks, Mahoney, RFM) all need to lead the way and our young plays need to follow and not be scared to trust their talent.

P.S and someone needs to take Flange out in the warm ups…

Dogs by 8 and Burton MOM
Im happy, the effort was there and the senior players stood up. I even cashed out a multi at halftime because my last leg was the Dogs 1-12 and got almost a 50% payout. Burton didn’t get MOM but improved and I think will get better and better.

Sadly no-one got to Flange in the warm ups, hopefully at training this week…

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im happy, the effort was there and the senior players stood up. I even cashed out a multi at halftime because my last leg was the Dogs 1-12 and got almost a 50% payout. Burton didn’t get MOM but improved and I think will get better and better.

Sadly no-one got to Flange in the warm ups, hopefully at training this week…
Watch the game again, Burtons passes either hit the ground or behind players, a half he's not, he's purely a runner and kicker, can't run and pass. The Gun delivered 2 good passes in try scoring movements on the edges. Don't let your hate for the Gun get in the way when the truth shows something completely different. That's the science of the matter. Your hypothesis, Burton good Gun bad is not proved by observable facts. Then again you probably also believe that anthropogenic climate change is the biggest existential threat to humanity as well, despite observable facts proving otherwise.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly thought we were going to lose to Storm, i was just looking for a lot of improvement this week.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I stuck fat and picked them. Only true Doggies supporters stick!
I actually picked the storm and told my mate who wears his dogs jersey whilst watching at home to leave it in the closet for this one...

Ladies and Gentleman. I HAVE FOUND OUR JINX!!

NEVER tipping the dogs again!! GF here we come!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going against what seems to be popular opinion on here, I'm going to put em on the the line and share MY HONEST OPINION -

Fitness permitting, Jake Averillo is going to have a breakout season this year and is going to prove alot of people on here very wrong. He is absolutely primed to carve up in attack, just needs to get his D right.

As I said, IMO - and I think it starts tonight.
Bulldogs win by 8
Averillo 2 tries, 1 try assist
Mahoney M.O.M

Let's go Bulldogs!!!
SORRY, I WAS WRONG

Bulldogs Won By 14

Averillo 1 Try & 2 Try Assists which could have easily had been 3 try assists.

Our Right edge is going to surprise a lot of teams this year as well as prove a lot of doubters on this Forum very wrong, none more than those who doubt the value of Averillo...... (Oh, I must put my disclaimer in) IN MY OPINION!!!