Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brilliant result, some players fantastic, Kiraz best on field, but alamotti and preston also brilliant. Thought Kikau and burton really improved this week, not at their best yet but much better. Fox also was real good carrying the ball, I was critical of perham but he looks really dangerous on the ball, just needs to work on his defensive positioning, made some great ball returns though. I just worry in the props, King ran well tonight but sutton isnt great for me, gets smashed and makes a fair few handling errors. Feel without TPJ and Tommo our props arent aggressive enough or give us enough go forward. Pele did well when he came on but needs work, always feel he has that handling error in him but if he can stay fit and play more minutes hes a real problem. Mahoney didnt have his best game but still very good, guys just all class and showed grant up. I do worry about how towards rhe back end of games however we look tired and then so much more vulnerable in defence. Our right edge was getting cut apart quite abit at the end before kikau went off then due to fatigue really. Big positive, we just need to work on our composure when in winning positions.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still blame Pele’s U5 error. Just a complete fuckup and was such a momentum killer
10 minutes of straight defending gassed us was from Brown holding on on the 4th tackle it all changed after that then Kikau spinning player around again on the 4th

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So after all the noise from the nrl and the media about concussions and head knocks..why was nothing done about the strom players clearly hitting the bulldogs players in the head.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Reeds touch finders got us home at the end of that game he kept turning them around knowing our boys were gassed that experience made the difference. I know our last 30 mins wasn’t great but we did what we needed to to win proud of the boys and proud of the club for the first time in a long time. Up the mighty Bulldogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fkn great night. That Preston is a fkn gun. So much potential. Kikau showed more leadership than I thought m. He is a big talker. Alamoti is building nicely. Kiraz is fkn huge for us too. So fkn happy
Surely you are having an inu uce

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sutton played an agressive frontrower role well. What we needed. Good game from him.

Overall we got a fair shake from refs as well. The 6 agains were killers and one sided as per usual but we handled the pressure pretty well.

So proud we competed for 80 mins and showed respect for the jumper. A complete turnaround from last week.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not fit to tie Asotasi boot laces.
Agree we badly need an impact middle and love to see him make it but two decent carries a game and dumb errors doesn’t cut it, has a long way to go.
That’s why I said ‘could’.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol Bellamy presser!! Fuck being a Melbourne player and turning up to training next week I would be praying for Covid if I was those pricks :laughing: :laughing:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, compare Flange and Hughes. Night and day.
Solid win though and provides some confidence.
I think the fact we have a few other players to come back from injury but also some young guys bound for FG makes it even sweeter if you are looking to play the long game. But as you said the confidence in Ciros systems is massive

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sutton played an agressive frontrower role well. What we needed. Good game from him.

Overall we got a fair shake from refs as well. The 6 agains were killers and one sided as per usual but we handled the pressure pretty well.

So proud we competed for 80 mins and showed respect for the jumper. A complete turnaround from last week.
Agree. Sutton was great