15Jack Stringer
16Lipoi Hopoi
17Josh Kalati
Reserves
19Brandon Clarke
Coaching StaffName
Head CoachDavid Tangata-Toa

Always a Bulldog
Has David Tangata-Toa always been a bulldog?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think we have the people to limit Welch so long as we are disciplined with ball in hand and have a high completion rate. NAS is a different proposition, but again, having the ball in hand as much as possible is the first line of defense against him. I reckon bring Pele on with 10 minutes to go in the first half and line him up against him, give the kid a challenge, tell him to try to run over NAS, and to try and get some shots on him in defense.

*edit* the NAS-Pele stuff @D.O.W. only just posted about as well
Speaking of Welch.... I didn't get to see the whole Parra vs Storm game, but he looked a shadow of the player I knew.

He was in my opinion the best forward in the game a couple of years ago before his long injury layoff. Could just be cobwebs but he looked like he changed his whole playing style..I barely recognised him

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The centre will have an even worse game trying to make up for the putrid shit he dished up last week.

Hope I'm wrong.
If he's smart, he'd tap Averillo and ask if he can swap positions for abit....

If he smarter, he won't even tell CC...

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the Bulldogs are doing an open training session here in Melbourne tomorrow or Friday? I think I saw somewhere that the team flew down here to Melbourne earlier today (Wednesday).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Speaking of Welch.... I didn't get to see the whole Parra vs Storm game, but he looked a shadow of the player I knew.

He was in my opinion the best forward in the game a couple of years ago before his long injury layoff. Could just be cobwebs but he looked like he changed his whole playing style..I barely recognised him
He didn't look as dominant with PCM and he was a bit mixed in defense, the thing that we need to watch with him is his PTB, he got away with some very quick ones in Rd 1.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the Bulldogs are doing an open training session here in Melbourne tomorrow or Friday? I think I saw somewhere that the team flew down here to Melbourne earlier today (Wednesday).
Flying down Thursday and training Friday

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The 7,8,9 and 10 is still enough to worry me. if we don’t muscle up, it’ll be a tough game. Grant impresses me more every game, Hughes can really carve up on his day, Welch will be better for the Rd1 hit out and big Nelson is just a beast. With Munster and Paps out, we can win this but it won’t be easy if the Rd 1 performance is repeated.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We will win and win well, kind of like Liverpool vs United.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I still thought he was great, play the ball was good and he looked like getting offloads away quite often. Was very measured and selective in his play, just easing back in.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Welch is a poor man's Aiden Tolman.

Keep gassing Welch up all you like but he doesn't even come close to prime Tolman.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welch is a gun. We need to restrict his offloads this weekend.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I picked something up that I thought was worth noting from the NRL Daily Telegraph Podcast yesterday.

Apparently Kyle Flannagan was scheduled to do media on Monday but the club pulled him out of it.
Could mean absolutely nothing, but I found it more interesting after seeing K.O named in the squad.

Reed mentions it at around 35min mark.

Not sure what to make of K.O being named but I don't think it would be to fill Flanagan's space on the right, otherwise I thought they would've played him in NSW cup last week on the right.

If they drop Flanagan then I'm not sure which way they go
Burton Left half, Brown Right Half, K.O. to bench???
I don't know!!!
Not happening. The side trained most of the pre season with Flanagan RHS half and Burton LHS half.
No way will CC shift it around yet. It's a pity BBO injured till around Round 10, but the major concern was Burtons lack of engagement these last few weeks.
Insiders suggesting having secured his future financially he's just so wrapped to be starting his family he's just not looking energetic in his footy ATM.
Sure that could change around quickly, the Club hoping he puts his improvardo on the side this week.
Losing Thompson and TPJ wrecked our plans big time as CC was looking to inject Farmer Brown as a half during games when we needed leg speed to straighten the attack, but now with a lack of middles, CC forced to play him at 13. The whole balance is now off, and we have to adapt sooner rather than later.
Lots going on out Bulldogs way....
Another matter that's being talked about is next weeks back to Belmore game v Tigers. With our abysmal record at Belmore in the last 5 or so years, and considering our awful performance there a month ago v Sharks, coupled with Tigers good showing on the same day v Raiders there. If both us and Tigers lose this week, next weeks match is huge, especially also considering who we have coming up....
Pressure will begin to build if we put in a substandard outing v Storm....
Lets trot boys!!!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All you degenerates were laughing at my ball
Playing lock thread and now look where we are.