Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
WHAT?
You replied to my post saying
“Wasn’t Townsend supposed to have a field day too?”
Reynolds will kick to Okunbor and attack his side.
don’t be surprised if a few try’s are let in on his wing.
That's perfect then JAC will be nice and fresh to tear up the LHS.

Always a Bulldog

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all those against Okunbor. Yes, most of the criticism is warranted going off past performances. But his game on Sunday, what more could you have asked? He wasn't to blame for any tries, he scored our only try and he didn't knock it on once from what I can remember. Unlike most of the team...and considering the wet conditions he did very well. Let's be positive going into Rd 2. He has had Burton kicking to him all off season. He will be good against Oates. Oates has a tendency to make a mistake here or there too

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People saying they're worried about Staggs and/or Cobbo; I'm not because we've got the Foxx bruh! Bit worried about Naden though. He stuffed up at least once last week. Good thing with the Foxx though, is his pace means he can cover some misses infield.

The thing that worries me most is TPJ and/or penalties and bins in general. I reckon we match or beat them in all positions, so it's just a matter of completing well and minimising errors. Both teams are fairly even so it will just come down to who stuffs up more imo.

Broncos weren't impressive in their match. They played some good footy but only constructed one try. The other was an interception. Like us they got close to scoring a couple more, but we played in terrible conditions whereas they didn't. Fatigue is also a concern and they get 2 days extra recovery, but at least we don't have to travel.
An intercept where I reckon Kelly was at least 5 metres offside, but not pinged.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Max King signing reminds me of Hodgson signing in 2009. What a player
mate are you serious?
he has so much more potential then hodgeson ever did andalready looks better then what hodgeson ever did.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mate are you serious?
he has so much more potential then hodgeson ever did andalready looks better then what hodgeson ever did.
I can see where the Hodgson comparison comes from. Both players were unknown or didn't come with any expectations on them, but turned out to be good additions. I think King has the potential to be more valuable though. Hodgo was a solid player, not much more.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the inclusion of TPJ creates space for JAC on the edge.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all those against Okunbor. Yes, most of the criticism is warranted going off past performances. But his game on Sunday, what more could you have asked? He wasn't to blame for any tries, he scored our only try and he didn't knock it on once from what I can remember. Unlike most of the team...and considering the wet conditions he did very well. Let's be positive going into Rd 2. He has had Burton kicking to him all off season. He will be good against Oates. Oates has a tendency to make a mistake here or there too
He was much better, however am I the only one that noticed how he slowed down to jogging pace after Deardon made the break for the first try and then sped up again once the winger received the ball? Lazy effort !

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bronchokes are ripe for a classic ambush.
The fans are something else!

D8DE2B08-2EC9-4F06-8A0F-F22357782B01.jpeg
1C0AFDDF-D182-461E-8007-8A6F4B7802A6.jpeg
A20D9C1A-9E1A-4771-B521-6FA66E1CBDAD.jpeg
B602433D-7521-4141-A0EE-2F2D66D6C54D.jpeg