Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the starting 13 is fine. Bench needs tweaking that's about it.

We did not look match fit as Gotenks pointed out in the other thread. Melb smashed that side in the world cup challenge and more trials than us.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seriously don't understand people calling for Frawley to get dropped, it's like they didn't even watch the entire game. I was one of the most disappointed to see him named to begin with yet here i am defending him because people can't look past 2 errors and see the positives.

For the first time in a very long time our spine looked organised and the chemistry between them was good. Foran, Frawley and Moses all played across the park and were interchangeable in where they played and the role they played. Frawley was predominately used at 2nd receiver but at times he would slot in at 1st or even 3rd receiver and play the typical fullback out the back role like he did in the Morris try. All this swapping and changing between the 3 worked well and was pretty smooth and that's a good sign.

Yes Frawley made 2 shit errors that turned our to be massive momentum swingers, but kicks out on the full happened multiple times from different players across both games as well as players having trouble with kick offs. Yes it was still fucking shit to happen but it wasn't as unusual as some people are trying to make out.

Ignore the errors and Frawley grew as the game went on and he challenged the defence a few times and put them in 2 minds as well as breaking a few tackles at contact. He also ended up finishing the game with a try, try assist and a forced drop out...no other player in our side finished with that.
I see you have changed your tune on Frawley. Its good to see as you were 1 of many people that had no faith in him. Im glad you did as I believe he will become a good long term halve for us.

I really want to see Frawley succed I believe he can really develop a gun combo with Moses and Foran. People just need to give Frawley a chance.

Like you said I really liked the variety the spine showed in sometimes Foran will be 1st receiver then he would be 2nd receiver and visa verser with Frawley and Mbye.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really think a few on here are underestimating the countless hours our NEW spine have spent over summer building a new attack

You don’t abandon the plan one game in

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he played well enough but if Tolman isn’t starting he should not be playing. He’s a 80 minute workhorse not a 60 minute impact player.

Elliot is very ordinary so happy enough to give someone else a go whether this week is the time is a question though.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There won’t be changes but I’d like to see changes to the bench rotation. We just cannot have Tolman, Eastwood and Elliott on the field at the same time just before halftime.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I also believe Pay will stick with the same side but will change them around.
Tolman to lock
And maybe only maybe he will add one of these impact forwards on the bench
Toomaga, Tualau, Fine.
Pay must have the carriage to try players early in the season

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frawley was shit house. Not hard to improve when his start was fucking horrendous, stopped any kind of momentum we had.

He had one good kick in the second half out of duck knows how many because he was kicking them all to the FB except one.

Having said that don't know if I'd swap anyone just yet. But that guy is fucking USELESS and will cost us more games than win them.

I still can't get over those errors just fucking basic shit. Made me sick. Don't care if Croft kicked it out. We scored a try with ease and we then are in position to put them in a corner and smash them. Get momentum going but he kicks it out on the full. We score points and they kick off and he drops a kick my son would catch. Momentum KILLED again.

Yeah our defense should have stood up but they shouldn't have even been in that position. We are an average team playing the prems, we need everything going our way plus just do the fucking basics. Uuurrghhhhhh fucken infuriating thinking about it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There won’t be changes but I’d like to see changes to the bench rotation. We just cannot have Tolman, Eastwood and Elliott on the field at the same time just before halftime.
Yep Pay learned the hard way with poor bench rotation.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What i want and what Pay will do are 2 diff things. No way he will drop eastwood or Tolman after 1 round.

I would have

Eastwood start at lock, he isnt an impact player, i would rather start him and replace with Fualalo after 20-25

reserves

14. Tualau
15. Tolman
16. Fualalo
17. anyone besides Elliot who should never play FG ever again.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well this fill in provided more direct try involvements than any other player on the park for us. TK is just hyping up every other reserve grade option like they always do and then shit on them when something doesn't go right.
One face ball and the luck of the bounce?

That's what the kennel does but like Daryl Sommers once famously said, "you'll never ever know if you never ever go"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What i want and what Pay will do are 2 diff things. No way he will drop eastwood or Tolman after 1 round.

I would have

Eastwood start at lock, he isnt an impact player, i would rather start him and replace with Fualalo after 20-25

reserves

14. Tualau
15. Tolman
16. Fualalo
17. anyone besides Elliot who should never play FG ever again.
Eastwood couldn't even last a few minutes without falling all over the place and missing tackles yet you want to start him? Lol. He's a fat bludger and doesn't deserve anything anymore, throw him in reserve grade until he actually shows some fitness and desire on the field. Really over him tbh, probably not hard to tell that though lol.

I also don't get this "not an impact player" thing. If a player can't make an impact off the bench against weaker forwards and fatigued players then he sure as hell isn't going to do any better starting against stronger forwards and fresh players. They're just not good enough players.

Elliott, Eastwood and Tolman offered absolutely nothing with the ball in hand, none of them deserve to start and i can't see how promoting any of them will benefit the team, just promote better suited players. Tbf to them, the 3 of them should never have been on the field all together as none of them are the ideal forward in todays game.

Personally i'd dump Eastwood and Elliott for Tualau and Ogden. Both have some size and pace to them and are the ideal forwards in todays game. Being a bench player they should only be required to play a 10-15 minute stint either side of halftime. I'd still leave Tolman for the time being, his experience and desire to work are valuable, i just wish he would put on some size and and lift his intensity on the field. The 4th spot i don't really have a preference, but i'm not really a fan of having JMK there just to rotate Lichaa unless he's going to play as a genuine utility.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
One face ball and the luck of the bounce?

That's what the kennel does but like Daryl Sommers once famously said, "you'll never ever know if you never ever go"
Still executed the pass and took advantage of his position to score a try. That's how sport works lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I see you have changed your tune on Frawley. Its good to see as you were 1 of many people that had no faith in him. Im glad you did as I believe he will become a good long term halve for us.

I really want to see Frawley succed I believe he can really develop a gun combo with Moses and Foran. People just need to give Frawley a chance.

Like you said I really liked the variety the spine showed in sometimes Foran will be 1st receiver then he would be 2nd receiver and visa verser with Frawley and Mbye.
It's not that i'm a fan or think he is a long term option, it's just that i saw enough positive signs to think he's worth persisting with atm and not dumping.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The player with the least impact was Klemmer. I know he will get better though.
I would drop Elliott for either Ogden or Barr. Leave the rest as is.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still executed the pass and took advantage of his position to score a try. That's how sport works lol.
What ever dude, just don't over hype the bloke too much because at the end of the day his just a capable fill in regardless of what you say. Pay has Coggar coming next yr and this year he is one hook away from having JMK slip into his spot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What ever dude, just don't over hype the bloke too much because at the end of the day his just a capable fill in regardless of what you say. Pay has Coggar coming next yr and this year he is one hook away from having JMK slip into his spot.
I'm not over hyping him, i'm simply stating he did some good things and there are some positive signs there instead of just ignoring everything he did and shitting on him because be made 2 mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.