Line up changes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Line up for round 2.

Obviously the current bench is weak, I'll have In: To'omaga, Tualau and Fine OUT: Tolman, Eastwood and Elliott.

1 Moses Mbye, 2 Brett Morris, 3 Josh Morris, 4 Will Hopoate, 5 Marcelo Montoya, 6 Matthew Frawley, 7 Kieran Foran, 8 Aaron Woods, 9 Michael Lichaa, 10 David Klemmer, 11 Joshua Jackson (c), 12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner, 13 Danny Fualalo

Interchange: 14 Asipeli Fine, 15 Renouf Toomaga, 16 Francis Tualau , 17 Jeremy Marshall-King

Last edited:
Reactions: GDR

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would only swap a max of 2 of them out at at a time 3 seems too disruptive.

I do think Tualau deserves a crack though, Fine too. I don't know much about the other guy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think swapping Elliott for Fine is the right move, Fine has always been an edge forward or centre and i don't think he has trained at lock like Elliott where he would play. Ogden is probably the better direct replacement as he's playing lock in the ISP team and can cover the edge.

Anyway i doubt Pay will nake a single change and give them another chance, i personally don't think it's worth giving this bench another chance. I had massive concerns about it when it was named and it performed even worse than i expected come game day. This will never be good enough or work.

Tualau in for Eastwood is probably the only change Pay might consider at this stage as Eastwood is so far off firstgrade it isn't funny.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The saving grace for Tolman is he’s durable with a big engine. If one of props went down first 5mins you know he can play 76min straight unlike Tualau for example

That said I would take your bench but swap Renouf for Ogden

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tualau has to come in at the expense of tolman or Eastwood.

Otherwise I'd keep the same. You don't want too many changes this early in the season.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see Dean making many changes yet. But I agree with most Eastwood and Tolman don't add much and the team looked weaker with them on.

Got to feel for Dean with some of the players he inherited and how long he might be stuck with them for.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can we add nu Brown for Frawley too? He may have had abit of an attitude in pre season but I’m sure being dropped would have been the wake up call he needed and him outside Foran would be far more threatening than our current other half.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch the press conference. Our spine isn't changing anytime soon so it is a waste of time even talking about it. For mine I'm OK with that. I thought Frawley played one of his better games overall. Made a couple of blues but did some really good things and he got the ball outside well. Barring injury I can't see more than one change to our bench and even that may be a lottery. tualau would be good for impact which is what we are lacking. given that it was Tolmans first hitout for the season I can't see him being dropped. So that leaves Eastwood or Elliott and I'm not convinced he will drop either this early.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a feeling, (maybe wishful) Pay has given Tolman and Eastwood first crack as a token of respect. It's not a feasible bench combination long term

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I seriously don't understand people calling for Frawley to get dropped, it's like they didn't even watch the entire game. I was one of the most disappointed to see him named to begin with yet here i am defending him because people can't look past 2 errors and see the positives.

For the first time in a very long time our spine looked organised and the chemistry between them was good. Foran, Frawley and Moses all played across the park and were interchangeable in where they played and the role they played. Frawley was predominately used at 2nd receiver but at times he would slot in at 1st or even 3rd receiver and play the typical fullback out the back role like he did in the Morris try. All this swapping and changing between the 3 worked well and was pretty smooth and that's a good sign.

Yes Frawley made 2 shit errors that turned our to be massive momentum swingers, but kicks out on the full happened multiple times from different players across both games as well as players having trouble with kick offs. Yes it was still fucking shit to happen but it wasn't as unusual as some people are trying to make out.

Ignore the errors and Frawley grew as the game went on and he challenged the defence a few times and put them in 2 minds as well as breaking a few tackles at contact. He also ended up finishing the game with a try, try assist and a forced drop out...no other player in our side finished with that.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No change at this stage but Eastwood on notice! People are asking for Tolman to be dumped. But at the moment he is one of the few forwards that could if expected could play 80 mins. So although he is not an impact player will hold his position in the 17 somewhere. Not sure if coming off the bench is what is best for team but Pay knows better than I.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I seriously don't understand people calling for Frawley to get dropped, it's like they didn't even watch the entire game. I was one of the most disappointed to see him named to begin with yet here i am defending him because people can't look past 2 errors and see the positives.

For the first time in a very long time our spine looked organised and the chemistry between them was good. Foran, Frawley and Moses all played across the park and were interchangeable in where they played and the role they played. Frawley was predominately used at 2nd receiver but at times he would slot in at 1st or even 3rd receiver and play the typical fullback out the back role like he did in the Morris try. All this swapping and changing between the 3 worked well and was pretty smooth and that's a good sign.

Yes Frawley made 2 shit errors that turned our to be massive momentum swingers, but kicks out on the full happened multiple times from different players across both games as well as players having trouble with kick offs. Yes it was still fucking shit to happen but it wasn't as unusual as some people are trying to make out.

Ignore the errors and Frawley grew as the game went on and he challenged the defence a few times and put them in 2 minds as well as breaking a few tackles at contact. He also ended up finishing the game with a try, try assist and a forced drop out...no other player in our side finished with that.
2?

Did you see the try he nearly leaked cause he also let a defender outside of him, only for J Moz to save his arse?

Very rocks and diamonds from him. Deserves a second shot, but still has PLENTY to work on.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Frawley did do we'll. As much as I want the guy gone so we can move forward quicker he had a solid game. Just one thing though that shit me, that forced drop out should have been a try if he only looked on his outside instead of kicking it back across field where everyone was offside. Pretty crucial momentum swings.

I do feel the reason nobody wants him is because they just want to move forward with newer and potentially better things. Whether JMK, Lewis or Coggar are right for the go people will not stop until they see it for themselves. Also add the fact its either you have it or not and we can all see he nothing more than a feel in.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No change at this stage but Eastwood on notice! People are asking for Tolman to be dumped. But at the moment he is one of the few forwards that could if expected could play 80 mins. So although he is not an impact player will hold his position in the 17 somewhere. Not sure if coming off the bench is what is best for team but Pay knows better than I.
Sounds about right...

Would preferably try,

Tolman to lock before anything. Atleast Fualalo off the bench can add something considering Woods and Klem are already strike forwards.

Even moving Jacko to Lock, Elliot to the right edge, Fualalo back to the bench and adding Tualau aint a bad idea for me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
2?

Did you see the try he nearly leaked cause he also let a defender outside of him, only for J Moz to save his arse?

Very rocks and diamonds from him. Deserves a second shot, but still has PLENTY to work on.
No doubt he has plenty of work to do, as do all the players, but there were plenty of positives that people are just ignoring. He's a shit defender and we all know that but Morris atleast provided good cover and RFM was suprisingly good.. so overall they worked okay as a unit and were much better than our right edge that was a complete mess at times.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Frawley did do we'll. As much as I want the guy gone so we can move forward quicker he had a solid game. Just one thing though that shit me, that forced drop out should have been a try if he only looked on his outside instead of kicking it back across field where everyone was offside. Pretty crucial momentum swings.

I do feel the reason nobody wants him is because they just want to move forward with newer and potentially better things. Whether JMK, Lewis or Coggar are right for the go people will not stop until they see it for themselves. Also add the fact its either you have it or not and we can all see he nothing more than a feel in.
Well this fill in provided more direct try involvements than any other player on the park for us. TK is just hyping up every other reserve grade option like they always do and then shit on them when something doesn't go right.

Status
Not open for further replies.