Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not really as if he has any other choices. Its round two, they deserve a chance to prove that it was just an off day. You can't just sack everyone after a loss.
You can’t be that deluded or I’ll give u credit for being too positive.
No other option?
Are u sure

I could list 4 options without even flinching
Ogden
Martin
Meaney
Chn

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ogden in for JMK is the only change I'd want to see.
Elliot to the bench, Tolman to lock and Ogden starting.
CHN can cover the backs if need be.
Not a bad idea. I was thinking this last year tbh. Tols at lock that is.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand no need for a knee jerk reaction after first game, but fucken seriously we looked like a reserve grade side and got arse raped last week.

how can you not drop one or two players just based on the embarrassment last week?
I honestly don’t expect them to win the comp or be in the top 4 at seasons end. However I do expect them and it is a right of the paying fan for his team to be competitive, not roll over and for the coach to pick the best avail side week in week out.

That simple really

Furthermore he said the team would be picked on form. Go figure
If the same 17 are the form 17 then it’s going to be a longgggggggg winter

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can’t be that deluded or I’ll give u credit for being too positive.
No other option?
Are u sure

I could list 4 options without even flinching
Ogden
Martin
Meaney
Chn
That's just 4 players you want to see in fg. But it's just not realistic. You can't just drop 4 players after a loss in round 1. I know it was a big loss, but these guys will be hurting big time. If they show up and display the same effort this week, see ya later. But they deserve at least one more shot to prove it was a very off day.
I said it before, and I'm very surprised that only a few others have commented on this, but after the massacre in NZ their emotions were high and there was no way they were going to lose. Their intensity was on point all game. I suspect they won't be as good this round.
This being said, it looked like we believed our own off season hype. But I'd rather have this reality check to get us back on point in round 1 then later in the season.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I wouldn't normally have a problem with a coach sticking with the same team that lost a round 1 match heading into round 2.

However, the problem is that Pay isn't even picking the best 17 we have within the club for players proven at NRL level! Montoya didn't earn his way back into the starting side after underperforming last year at NRL level. I'm all for giving second chances when they are warranted but he needs to prove himself as a centre in CC first before walking straight back into first grade.
CHN was a standout for us last weekend and he is wasted on the bench. He may be the best option we have at the moment to play centre and he would free up a spot in the team for Martin.
Does that not make the most sense for us at this time?!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am okay to give them one more chance this week. If no major improvements for players individually, it's time to try something new.

doggydaddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
OfficalTeams named at 4pm Syd time I think
Pay does not have much first grade talent to choose from so he can name the same 21 players tonight. (Martin is the only obvious player not named last week)
Hopefully one or two changes and combinations take the field on game day.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our reserve grade hooker had a good game on the weekened... fingers crossed he can continue that form and at some point, replace Lichaa
Ben Marschke played hooker and his brother Jesse Marschke played 5/8. I was really impressed with Ben at 9. He made heaps off tackles and a real quick dummy half. I figure there twins unless I’m seeing things. Both good to watch.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya and Lichaa.
the problem with lichaa is, its either him or JMK , because brown is out of action and i doubt Marchske is in top 30.. where as Centre there are a lot of other options

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the problem with lichaa is, its either him or JMK , because brown is out of action and i doubt Marchske is in top 30.. where as Centre there are a lot of other options
Yeah your right Marschke isnt in the top 30

Last edited:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Pay is gonna keep both in fg then start with JMK, passing is 100% better and has pace, the problem is every other team knows Lichaa is slow and predictable so from kick off were on the back foot, has Lichaa even improved since he switched to the dogs, what I've seen he hasn't improved and doubt he ever will.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay better be ready to fall on his sword

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The full squad is:
1. Will Hopoate (Brought to you by Miramax)
2. Christian Crichton (Brought to you by Alexander Michael Advisory)
3. Kerrod Holland (Brought to you by M&J Chickens)
4. Marcelo Montoya (Brought to you by Reliable Food Distributors)
5. Reimis Smith (Brought to you by CPE)
6. Kieran Foran (Brought to you by Greenacre Dental)
7. Lachlan Lewis (Brought to you by Hy-Tec Concrete)
8. Aiden Tolman (Brought to you by Waterview)
9. Michael Lichaa (Brought to you by Ultimate Security Australia)
10. Dylan Napa (Brought to you by Sydney Freezers)
11. Josh Jackson (Brought to you by Dental on Evaline)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (Brought to you by Guardian Venue Management)
13. Adam Elliott (Brought to you by McDonalds Punchbowl)
14. Jeremy Marshall-King (Brought to you by BSC)
15. Danny Fualalo (Brought to you by KIA Motors)
16. Corey Harawira-Naera (Brought to you by Canterbury League Club)
17. Sauaso Sue (Brought to you by Ladbrokes)
19. Jack Cogger
20. Nick Meaney
21. Chris Smith
22. Ofahiki Ogden
Coach - Dean Pay (Brought to you by MPA)
I think some are confusing squad (of 22) with team (of 17)

Go Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.