Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ogden in for JMK is the only change I'd want to see.
Elliot to the bench, Tolman to lock and Ogden starting.
CHN can cover the backs if need be.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ogden in for JMK is the only change I'd want to see.
Elliot to the bench, Tolman to lock and Ogden starting.
CHN can cover the backs if need be.
So you'd keep Lichaa...

How many beers have you had already?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he’s not going to change his team how about improving his in game decisions?

Napa was out on his feet and should have been replaced earlier and Elliott wasn’t doing anything to trouble Warriors where CHN would have added some strike

He works to a pre meditated substitute method (barring injury which forces his hand)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa is a shitcunt, but who else is there ?
Why the fuck aren’t we offering seggy a lifeline ?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The old adage of never changing a winning team

Not heard the opposite until now

maybe in Pay's books if we dont lose by 20 or more , it is a victory for him.

they may have a team victory song after the game if we lose by less than 20.

this is how pathetic we have become.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if they cop another flogging this week I doubt there will be changes unless they are injury forced. Pay doesn’t seem to be flexible at all and sticks to the same thing no matter what.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
how can you not drop one or two players just based on the embarrassment last week?
Because you need someone to replace them who is guaranteed to do better. Since the team last week was picked on form at the end of last year plus pre season training, opposed sessions and trial games, are there any obvious replacements? It's not like we have star coming back from injury or suspension. Nor do we have anyone who is injured according to Tony. We need to promote someone who has demonstrated in one 2nd's game that they deserve the spot. I don't know about you but I didn't see anyone demanding that they be picked.

Last week was a team failure, not an individual player failure, it simply wouldn't be fair to single out 1 or 2, undeniably they were all well below the standard that we know they can achieve. This week is the chance to show that it was an aberration. If they don't, then the axe should fall.

Go Dogs

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because you need someone to replace them who is guaranteed to do better. Since the team last week was picked on form at the end of last year plus pre season training, opposed sessions and trial games, are there any obvious replacements? It's not like we have star coming back from injury or suspension. Nor do we have anyone who is injured according to Tony. We need to promote someone who has demonstrated in one 2nd's game that they deserve the spot. I don't know about you but I didn't see anyone demanding that they be picked.

Last week was a team failure, not an individual player failure, it simply wouldn't be fair to single out 1 or 2, undeniably they were all well below the standard that we know they can achieve. This week is the chance to show that it was an aberration. If they don't, then the axe should fall.

Go Dogs

well Lewis was brought in to replace Mbye last year and he was not putting the world on fire either.

Rhys Martin was brought in due to an injury.

Both of them player the first grade by chance and excelled in top grade.

You will never know how the reserve graders are going to perform in top grade till you through them in the deep end.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So you'd keep Lichaa...

How many beers have you had already?
Unfortunately none, stupid job.
Liccha can play 80, he's the best option we have.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This **** is a clone of des is he serious.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
well Lewis was brought in to replace Mbye last year and he was not putting the world on fire either.
Rhys Martin was brought in due to an injury.
Both of them player the first grade by chance and excelled in top grade.
You will never know how the reserve graders are going to perform in top grade till you through them in the deep end.
I can think of only a couple of 2nd's standing out who haven't played at least a few NRL games, so they have already had a chance to perform. For sure some get a chance by circumstances but in general they have earned the right to have that chance. Then when they were given the chance they took it. As I see it that's Lewis, he had a chance and grabbed it with both hands. Martin is bit too hot and cold for me and it seems that his training regimen leaves something to be desired. From what I have seen there's a few fringe NRL players almost ready to take the next step. They just need to prove that they are ready physically and mentally to take that opportunity and then run with it.

Go Dogs

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be happy if the only change was Lichaa out and either Martin, Smith or Ogden in.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be happy if the only change was Lichaa out and either Martin, Smith or Ogden in.
Our reserve grade hooker had a good game on the weekened... fingers crossed he can continue that form and at some point, replace Lichaa

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Has this happened yet

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion