Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yea I like JMK and agree he is all heart. He showed that last night with effort on effort in D. But the team desperately needs attacking spark and it’s not fair From Pay to expect JMK to provide that for 80 mins and still make 40+ quality tackles
Pay is killing the kid.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We missed a golden opp with Holbrook, former dogs coach, proven record and a former halfback so understands the game better from a coaching standpoint imo. Dunno who we get but Dean needs help now imo
How do you expect the titans to go mate?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would make for some interesting post match conferences that's for sure
First time at a presser a coach would talk about kebabs without sauce??

Failing this stellar appointment there’s always Davey Holland? :-)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well you are used to it I guess :grinning:

My opinion on Pay's lack of ability to change anything much of what happens on the field, and therefore stamp himself as a good fg coach, is also shared by heaps of posters.

I'm not worried about your delusional opinions at having a go at singling out me mate. It just shows up your bias.

You have absolutely no idea how to analyse or discuss a game of rugby league.
I’m sorry you got your back up when called out for the stupidity of your comment and were forced to turn personal towards me. This is a discussion forum, expect dumb comments to be questioned

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well you are used to it I guess :grinning:

My opinion on Pay's lack of ability to change anything much of what happens on the field, and therefore stamp himself as a good fg coach, is also shared by heaps of posters.

I'm not worried about your delusional opinions at having a go at singling out me mate. It just shows up your bias.
Don’t get too precious or flatter yourself. I respond to hundreds of people.
You made a comment saying Pay won’t change his rotations or game plan despite him HOOKING THE HALFBACK and a forward. You were made to look foolish but there’s no need for personal attacks when you are called out and embarrassed

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah understand that but give us something :grinning:

I don't think Pay can be dumped this year but neither do I think he should be extended. We need some pathways, some coaching options and hope.

Membership numbers will fall even further through the floor. We need a big name coach and some players.

Can't we talk of that, and some solutions, rather than the dismal outlook of no players, or coach available.

We still love our team but it's grim. No point papering over it any longer.
I don’t currently have one Wendog and that’s precisely what I’m saying. All these calls of ‘Sack Pay!’. For WHO?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You still don't get it and being a self righteous big head IMO.

Subbing the half after the game is as good as lost, is not managing the gameplan and outcome or using rotations effectively. It's been Dean's archiles heel for his entire coaching career here at the Bulldogs.

Majority can see it. You look foolish with your constant defence of the indefensible.

Don’t get too precious or flatter yourself. I respond to hundreds of people.
You made a comment saying Pay won’t change his rotations or game plan despite him HOOKING THE HALFBACK and a forward. You were made to look foolish but there’s no need for personal attacks when you are called out and embarrassed

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You still don't get it and being a self righteous big head IMO.

Subbing the half after the game is as good as lost, is not managing the gameplan and outcome or using rotations effectively. It's been Dean's archiles heel for his entire coaching career here at the Bulldogs.

Majority can see it. You look foolish with your constant defence of the indefensible.
I love this majority crap you do haha.
Just face it, you were wrong, “It's like the coach goes into a trance as the players go omyo the field. He is utterly incapable of adjusting the rotations or tactics as the game progresses”.

He did though regardless of when he did it. You said he was utterly incapable so don’t back track now hahaha

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blame that one on the atmosphere, lack of intensity and the Cowboys tactics
Lewis out Cogger in.
Meaney has the zip needed more ball to the flanks.
Couldn't complete the sets.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I repeat.

Subbing the half when the game is as good as gone, is not proof that Dean can alter his gameplan or tactics to alter the teams win rate.

But you hang on to your beliefs.

Even if no one else on here thinks as I do that Pay looks like he is in a trance to change up much on the field, you keep on with your faith and coming back at me.

I think thats delusional but you are entitled to your delusion.
I love this majority crap you do haha.
Just face it, you were wrong, “It's like the coach goes into a trance as the players go omyo the field. He is utterly incapable of adjusting the rotations or tactics as the game progresses”.

He did though regardless of when he did it. You said he was utterly incapable so don’t back track now hahaha

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Blame that one on the atmosphere, lack of intensity and the Cowboys tactics
Lewis out Cogger in.
Meaney has the zip needed more ball to the flanks.
Couldn't complete the sets.
Need a FB who can catch. I don't understand why the Cowboys didn't put many bombs up in the second half, unless they were starting to feel sorry for DWZ. Love his toughness, his runs, and his talk, but Fullback 101 is "catch the damn ball".

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I repeat.

Subbing the half when the game is as good as gone, is not proof that Dean can alter his gameplan or tactics to alter the teams win rate.

But you hang on to your beliefs.

Even if no one else on here thinks as I do that Pay looks like he is in a trance to change up much on the field, you keep on with your faith and coming back at me.

I think thats delusional but you are entitled to your delusion.
Keep digging that hole Wendy haha

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need a FB who can catch. I don't understand why the Cowboys didn't put many bombs up in the second half, unless they were starting to feel sorry for DWZ. Love his toughness, his runs, and his talk, but Fullback 101 is "catch the damn ball".
What the fook is wrong with DWZ?
Can't catch, will be catching the high ball all week, elbows closed.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What the fook is wrong with DWZ?
Can't catch, will be catching the high ball all week, elbows closed.
I agree. He’s lacking so much confidence since coming back from the injuries

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. He’s lacking so much confidence since coming back from the injuries
He had moments like that at the Panthers under bombs too. If he drops one you know he will drop more.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah understand that but give us something :grinning:

I don't think Pay can be dumped this year but neither do I think he should be extended. We need some pathways, some coaching options and hope.

Membership numbers will fall even further through the floor. We need a big name coach and some players.

Can't we talk of that, and some solutions, rather than the dismal outlook of no players, or coach available.

We still love our team but it's grim. No point papering over it any longer.
It’s only grim if that’s the outlook you choose Wendog.

It’s not great, obviously, but last night we lost more ourselves than we were beaten. Our error rate (17) was trash. As Pay said in the presser ‘You do that and you can’t win’ - and he’s right.

I’m just glad that the haters and super coaches on this forum actually have no input into the running of our club.

The players have to take some responsibility for their performance too - it’s too convenient and frankly wrong to put it 100% at Pay’s feet. But that’s the easy way - so that’s what the haters will choose.