Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has become a good footballer, I like him last year he was a bit hesitant but gave heaps tonight and Would be good at fullback
He is still young and has put some size on now. He will be a keeper for years to come, believe me. The kid is consistent and doesn't have many mistakes in him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sancho. You were def right about Lewis. Not a half.
Anybody could see that tbh but the kid is a good footy player though so difficult to find a position for him unless he bulked up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Andrew Johns also said Elliott is a future origin player. Now I actually like Elliott but I wouldn't go that far :smirk: .

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is still young and has put some size on now. He will be a keeper for years to come, believe me. The kid is consistent and doesn't have many mistakes in him.
I liked him when he first came to us he has worked hard on his game you can see the difference this year. Good on Meaney. Well done

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Andrew Johns also said Elliott is a future origin player.
Johns is the opposite of Thurston. Has no sense. The guy still whacks himself off about Mullen

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay is fixated on defence and thinks that playing his plodders for long mins is some kind of badge of honour!

Guess what Pay? Fatigue leads to bad decisions and errors which leads to opposition tries

He forced his first sub with 12 to go in first half only because DWZ was binned !

Toomaga got one short stint

We were chasing points and our most damaging forward was sitting down!

Kudos to him for hooking Lewis but the damage was done

And he will prob start Cogger and Lewis next week

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody could see that tbh but the kid is a good footy player though so difficult to find a position for him unless he bulked up.
No not many could see it on here. Then u go and say but hes a good footballer. Hahabahabaha

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Britt to the left edge over Ray Ray after Stimpson go hooked?

Is an example of Pay's completly defensive mind set.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is a natural centre. Had been playing there for two years in reserves. Was to small but now has bulked up. Would strengthen defence out wide and can pass... to smith who isnt a centre's bulldog Meany to his natiral position....full back Dwz wont catch carona....cant catch anything. Put glue on his hands and put him on the wing...where he belonged in the first place. Wakes and Avo good pairing. Deano has some real sleepless nights ahead of him
Lewis for Katoa next week is such an obvious change...

Unfortunately Pay is brain dead

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pay just can't grasp the flow of the game, and when to substitute to influence the game.

Can't work out who to pick in their correct positions or give them a gameplan to score any points.

Why is their handling so bad? Too fatigued from excellent defence?

Too many small similar forwards. No effective dummy half. Pick Katoa..can he be any worse? Probably kmowing our luck.

The long season got longer (unless Covid-19 can give us a break from it :(
Problem was that he subbed them waaaay too late. When you keep persisting that a turd will turn into a flower, then you know what is going thru the coaches head!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis is a natural centre. Had been playing there for two years in reserves. Was to small but now has bulked up. Would strengthen defence out wide and can pass... to smith who isnt a centre's bulldog Meany to his natiral position....full back Dwz wont catch carona....cant catch anything. Put glue on his hands and put him on the wing...where he belonged in the first place. Wakes and Avo good pairing. Deano has some real sleepless nights ahead of him
I wouldn’t mind trying him out at centre

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Johns is the opposite of Thurston. Has no sense. The guy still whacks himself off about Mullen
Cronks is another one... He reckons the dogs rush defence will be tough for Thurston and Morgan in tonight's game.

A

Alexander the Great

So you didn't switch off with Lewis kikcing the ball dead , missing 2 tackles that lead to tries. Yep that makes sense mate.

I would have switched off when wakham kick the ball dead in the first 10 minutes. You did well to last tbh
I stopped watching TBH. The moment he dropped the ball and was like a pussy when someone rushed out, that was enough for me.

GARBAGE

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind trying him out at centre
His not a centre... His a Grimaldi type footballer and if he aint locking up the middle with his tackling than he is nothing but a mid season trade.