Round 2 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Panthers play from left to right with decoy runners when up on the line, the Cowboys hung on well until the second half, pretty basic stuff.
An 80 minute effort of confidence could block them.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Panthers play from left to right with decoy runners when up on the line, the Cowboys hung on well until the second half, pretty basic stuff.
An 80 minute effort of confidence could block them.
we were getting raped by decoys last week

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Might? :-).
Reminds me of a story. Was at the old Parra Stadium I’m going to say late 80’s / early 90’s. Met a friendly fella who had a thermos with him. Before long old mate was asleep and when he woke he was in Disneyland. But I’m sure it was ‘soup’ inside the thermos :-).
Can’t do that these days...
That reminds me of the 1987 GF. A guy in front of us passed out during the reserve grade game & awoke after full time of the firsts. He wasn't wearing a top & it was 30 degrees C that day. He was redder than the Winfield Cup sign. He won't remember the game but he will forever remember that sun burn.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lewis for Wakeham says a lot and what many people have been saying. I hope Wakeham steps up

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
15 players off contract @ end of 2021 so grit your teeth because 2021 is gonna be rough. My main interest this season is seeing who we recruit, blooding some decent juniors & staving off wooden spoon. Barrett cant perform miracles with the dog shit running around in our top 30. this week end will be a cricket score.
My main interest is seeing how we defend on short balls on inside shoulder and scrums... Been really disappointed with our defence from scrums last year and was sad to see knights score off one
Nice to put a face to the names even though Pete is going with the John Holmes look.
Peter is a bogan version of Ryan from the Office

Last edited:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's going to be a really heavy track. Supposed to rain pretty much all the way up to game time with heavy rain and wind for Saturday. Could be a great equalizer and offer a chance of winning if we can just play disciplined wet weather footy like we did against the Knights last season.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I did my preview. You might find it a bit different to other content creators lol. Started raining heavy as today. I'm working in it and wonder how it'll effect the game. Might make it closer than originally thought.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The weather will play a massive role in the game. If it rains like its supposed to then I cant see the Panthers Wingers/Centres getting much ball due to the fact we could easily be put into touch
It also makes the forward battle and ball control crucial which we really struggled with last week so I don't think wet conditions is the best thing for us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
2017 21 Panthers 16-8 Panthers Stadium 8,727
2018 3 Bulldogs 20-18 ANZ Stadium 11,247
2018 8 Panthers 22-14 Panthers Stadium 13,760
2019 20 Bulldogs 16-8 Bankwest Stadium 10,062
2020 20 Panthers 42-0 ANZ Stadium

Looks like it's our turn.
Panthers team last year and this year is a level above any of the other teams there. We're also not doing too hot.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bottom line, on a dry track it's not likely the dogs will beat Penrith. On a very wet track, advantage can is highly variable. So let's take the wet conditions & perhaps the bounce of the ball will favour the Dogs on Saturday.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bottom line, on a dry track it's not likely the dogs will beat Penrith. On a very wet track, advantage can is highly variable. So let's take the wet conditions & perhaps the bounce of the ball will favour the Dogs on Saturday.
If this rain continues there won't be much bounce in the ball, more like a splodge.

Go Dogs

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from the "Dogs Of War" era we've never been that good in wet games. Our completion rates are even worse in wet games. This could get ugly. I'm not expecting to much until we get Thompson back and they blood a few of the younger ones from Mounties.