Official Round 19 - Bulldogs vs South Sydney Discussion Thread

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Broncos managed to beat the Eels, then fingers crossed the Panthers put a cricket score on the Cowboys so they will be on equal 8 points BUT we will need to beat the Panthers next week and let the QLD derby battle it out for the spoon ... one can be hopeful right? Up the DOGGIESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
I don't think they'll beat parra-scum. We aren't beating penwith next week, unless they rest like 9 players. I think broncos have to lose both games, which I think they will.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
By the way if anyone believes this doesnt mean we are still shit you are deluded, defensively we tried our best to lose it HOWEVER its great to see the team win again, especially for Jackson and if it keeps us from the spoon. Still, most of them players need sacking off and we need alot of signings for next season, including a 9!
They held on, and kept wanting to score - that's the best form of defence.
They lost Lewis, and had to play one benchman short with a reorganised squad.
Against the Bunnies, it should have been impossible to win. South's first try should have been referred to the video ref; and Hopoate should have been allowed to play on when Souths bombed a try, and he picked up the ball with a clear run to the opposite tryline.
Despite the Bunnies having 70% possession early in the second half, they never took the lead.
I think some credit is due to the team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stfu they were also gifted a try were the winger stepped on the sideline and fumbled the ball in the process of scoring.
Hoppa was called back when he should have been allowed to continue running down field and would have gone on and scored as no one gave chase after Klein instead stopped play and went upstairs. All the commentators were also blowing up at the time
All night Cook and Co were getting away with throwing forward passes from dummy half.

there’s so much more I could pull up in regards to how we were getting dudded
Penalties and repeat sets went Souths way. They had over 70% possession in the first 15 minutes of the second half, with the Dogs defending three or more sets of six before the Bunnies scored. It was the Bunnies thinking they had it in the bag that eventually beat them, but we can't discount the Dogs tenacity tonight.