Official Round 19 - Bulldogs vs South Sydney Discussion Thread

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You took the words right out of my mouth
Can’t end quick enough l am embarrassed to be a dogs fan
Yep never felt so low as this year ,now i feel like a parra fan from years ago where people laugh about our team,ive never seen this with us before,can only hope tbaz is our saviour

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep never felt so low as this year ,now i feel like a parra fan from years ago where people laugh about our team,ive never seen this with us before,can only hope tbaz is our saviour
We can hope mate but the chances of us getting near the eight in the next 3 or 4 years are fucking slim, our only way out is to buy talent but with the shit going on at this club no player that has a future is coming here no matter who the coach is

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No I am talking about him defending in and around the ruck all game..I would give him a run at 5/8 long before I would risk him in the forwards.
Hoppa has more post contact meters than any of our forwards. What does that tell you?

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How Chris Smith is able to play in first grade is beyond me. I mean well done on making it my friend but fucking Madone. It's like putting fucking pineapple on a fucking pizza. Fuck you if your one of them cocksuckers that do that shit
sono d'accordo

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa has more post contact meters than any of our forwards. What does that tell you?
It tells me you missed the point.. I am not against Hoppa as he has consistently been one of our best, good hands strong returns and pretty good one one one. But, the suggestion of him running at other forwards a couple of times each set and tackling in the middle all day..? I can give you plenty of examples of other backs trying the same and failing miserably.

He is not a back rower.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can hope mate but the chances of us getting near the eight in the next 3 or 4 years are fucking slim, our only way out is to buy talent but with the shit going on at this club no player that has a future is coming here no matter who the coach is
Tbaz seems very driven to succeed and players seem to wanna play with him thats our hope

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Changes for the sake of making changes. Love to drop wingers and centres than promote the guy he drop for form.. How does 1 get form to be prompted.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Changes for no apparent reason, still some depth there and hope they can give Jackson something to cheer about.
The Rabbits are going good but our boys have gotta be getting pissed off with close second every week.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It tells me you missed the point.. I am not against Hoppa as he has consistently been one of our best, good hands strong returns and pretty good one one one. But, the suggestion of him running at other forwards a couple of times each set and tackling in the middle all day..? I can give you plenty of examples of other backs trying the same and failing miserably.

He is not a back rower.
Ok it was mainly a point about how shit our pack is. No go forward forwards.
I think there is a good chance Hopoate does finish his career as an edge forward.
But for now best fullback option at fullback and centre.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney dropped for DWZ... who's got SGs home address? I just want to have a chat. Walla bro. Nothing harmful cuz. (No the angry lebanese inside me is not about to rage)

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
No I am talking about him defending in and around the ruck all game..I would give him a run at 5/8 long before I would risk him in the forwards.
I've thought about Hoppa in at 5/8th before, mainly because I have no idea what his best position is for us, nor how he could be best used long term. He doesn't have the speed to be a top fullback/centre/winger, yet he isn't afraid to take on the line, and he is so naturally adept at drawing and passing/catching and passing, that he could pose a huge threat in some well-crafted set-plays, and have faster, more explosive outside backs around him.

The more I type it out, the more convinced I am that it'd be worth trialing, especially now that we appear destined for the spoon and don't seem to care about whether our experiments work or not. Don't see it ever eventuating though, so just a thought experiment.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s been pretty underwhelming whenever he’s started. Hasn’t really handled the added pace and physicality involved. Looks more suited to a bench role at this level.
I dont think the way the team plays helps him either. Tolman and the like are too dominant in the team.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why? because SG won a prem off the back of him?
I dont knkw im only guessing lol. Just by the way hes being used.

Not many minutes played. Last week starts and just runs decoys and get crap ball. This week is basically demoted to the bench for CHRIS SMITH LOL, who has had one average game back and now is starting.