Official Round 19 - Bulldogs vs South Sydney Discussion Thread

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute pure comedy gold from Georgealis

People can bag him out as much as you want but you cant deny he has a great sense of humour.

- Lewis retains his spot despite one of the worst games ever from a half back ;
- Our centres were diabolical last week but he declines to put Hoppa in the centres and Meaney at fullback ;
- Wakeham AND Katoa on the bench ;
- Chris Smith at lock

Funny, funny guy. I had a good laugh when I scrolled down the team list
SG cannot care less anyways last couple games & his gone

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
How Chris Smith is able to play in first grade is beyond me. I mean well done on making it my friend but fucking Madone. It's like putting fucking pineapple on a fucking pizza. Fuck you if your one of them cocksuckers that do that shit

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the fuck has Meaney been dropped..ahead of DWZ, Smith and the fucking prince?
LOL, fuck SG the clown
To be fair he’s rubbish on the edges who’s goal kicking though lol? Not that we’re going to score many

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Ranting isn't going to make me feel any better, buuuuuuuuut honestly FFS

RSmith has proved time and time again that he is useless as a centre, he is a huge defensive liability there and doesn't give good service to his winger. This experiment is currently 0 from 8... guess its 9th time's the charm for SG.

I think we get the most out of our side with Meaney at FB, Hoppa in Centre and Smith or DWZ on Wing.

I don't even want to get started on CSmith... how many of his air grabs led to tries again last week?

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis is not a centre. Reimis is not a centre. Reimis is not a centre. I will continually repeat myself on this until our club gets it through their head and picks players in their actual positions. The Reimis centre experiment was a failure, chuck hopoate in there and put Meaney back into fullback. How hard is it?

The RL journalism standards are so bad that the press don’t actually ask these questions of the coaching staff in the post match conference. Instead its, ‘Stevie, tough loss for your blokes. They never stopped trying though did they?’. ‘Nah, definitely not mate we just need to be switched on for the full 80’. Rinse, repeat every week. It’s amateur hour.
Remis is a lazy disinterested fuk who shouldn’t be in the side full stop

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute pure comedy gold from Georgealis

People can bag him out as much as you want but you cant deny he has a great sense of humour.

- Lewis retains his spot despite one of the worst games ever from a half back ;
- Our centres were diabolical last week but he declines to put Hoppa in the centres and Meaney at fullback ;
- Wakeham AND Katoa on the bench ;
- Chris Smith at lock

Funny, funny guy. I had a good laugh when I scrolled down the team list
I go in to our games anticipating a good laugh these days. Someone will always provide a laugh. Makes it easier to watch

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How Chris Smith is able to play in first grade is beyond me. I mean well done on making it my friend but fucking Madone. It's like putting fucking pineapple on a fucking pizza. Fuck you if your one of them cocksuckers that do that shit
What’s wrong with pineapple on pizza? Chris Smith is horse shit. pineapple on pizza is good

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Congratulations to josh on reaching this amazing milestone for our great club.
I know his form hasn’t been the best in recent times but always puts in 100%
He might just need this summer to get over any injuries and come back next season with a new lease on life.
Trent will manage his game time & positional play to suit in 2021.
Yeah Jacko here's your team for your 200th game. Hand picked by whoever is picking the team this week. We decided we're gonna give you every chance of a win to mark the milestone.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh and how could I have missed Lewis... he shouldn't have even seen the second half last week, let alone have a starting spot this week.

Got to feel for Cogs - he's not even named in the 21
Leaving so not picked. How Laf got picked on that basis, no one knows :(

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Btw this would've been the perfect time to shift Hoppa to the backrow and watch the magic happen.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perhaps reverse logic for Chris smith. The highest number of missed tackled gets promoted.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs captain Josh Jackson will create a piece of history when he takes the field against South Sydney on Thursday night at ANZ Stadium (8pm), becoming only the 13th player to play 200 NRL matches for the club.
Seen by many as the heart and soul of the Bulldogs, Jackson joins Hazem El Masri (317), Steve Mortimer (273), Terry Lamb (262), Steven Folkes (245), Chris Anderson (231), Luke Patten (225), Steve Price (222), Aiden Tolman (221*), Andrew Ryan (218), Josh Morris (217), Eddie Burns (215) and Corey Hughes (213), who have all pulled on the blue and white jersey on 200 occasions.

During his time at the Bulldogs, Jackson has represented his state, his country, collected the Brad Fittler Medal, been named Dally M Second Rower of the Year on two occasions, won the Provan Summons Medal in 2019 and is now captain of the club that gave him his start at NRL level.
In other team news:
  • Tim Lafai returns to the side in the centres
  • Dallin Watene-Zelezniak moves to the wing in place of Nick Meaney who drops out of the squad
  • Luke Thompson returns in the front row after missing last week's game with calf soreness
  • Chris Smith starts for the first time this season in the number 13 jersey
  • Sione Katoa comes on to the bench in place of Dean Britt who drops out of the seventeen
  • Matt Doorey was unavailable after suffering a PCL knee injury last weekend, meaning that he will miss the final two matches of the season
Match: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
ROUND 19 - THURSDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER
7:50pm

Venue:ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Match broadcasters:
  • Nine Network
  • Kayo
  • Foxtel
  • Live Pass
No.PlayerSponsor
1Will HopoateMiramax
2Dallin Watene-ZelezniakCanterbury League Club
3Reimis SmithDaily Press
4Tim LafaiSydney Freezers
5Jayden OkunborRemondis
6Jake AverilloReliable Food Distributors
7Lachlan LewisHitachi Cooling & Heating
8Aiden TolmanHy-Tec
9Jeremy Marshall-KingUltimate Security
10Luke ThompsonTLH Group
11Josh Jackson (C)Guardian Venue Management
12Raymond Faitala-MarinerDental on Evaline
13Chris SmithYour Property People
Interchange
14Brandon WakehamM&J Chickens
15Renouf To’omagaClassic Sportswear
16Sione KatoaCPe Australia
17Suaso SueSydney Tools
Extended Bench
19Dean Britt
20Tui Katoa
21Nick Meaney
22James Roumanos
Another good one SG, you are the real legion of coaches. If Barret picks players in the same positions, I'm going to invest in a lot of tissues in 2021.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very scary thought a selection panel sitting down to pick a team and coming up with that side.

There has to be a back storey and the members deserve to hear it!!!

otherwise the only conclusion you can come to Is the selectors are totally incompetent or deliberately trying to screw the club!