Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Avo is a 14, nothing else.

He is another Mbye V2.0.
He is good at covering certain positions but not GREAT at any specific position.
Honestly Mbye early in his career 10x better than Averillo. Granted he did have better players around him

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gee, I held high hopes for a win but well............. On a positive we once again played a perfect side NIL penalties for us but six to the Sharks...

Honestly don't know where we go to from here........our defense needs a massive amount of work. Both sides come in too far and about five of their tries were gifted by poor wing defence.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It honestly feels that Lewis was told to take back seat and let Averillo doing the kicking. I honestly don’t know where to play Averillo.
Needs a year in reserve grade... Honestly I'd even extend Biondi Odo and look to leave him in reserves if possible... Covid and lack of reserve grade has hurt us immesely, it's why Panthers and Storm are so strong now as they had their systems sorted before this shit hit.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ignoring the abilities, Lewis is a Half back playing a 5/8 while Avarillo is a 5/8 centre playing HB. The team would function much better. Overall the score did not reflect the game struggle. Sharks were gifted at least 4 tries to basic man-on-man defense.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are right, there are missing pieces but he can still develop them over time. Issue is he has been forced into the halfback role in a system that is heavily reliant on halfback dominating (look at Penrith with May instead of Cleary) when he has spent more time playing fullback, centre or 5/8. If you actually watched some of him in the lower grades then you would see his style of play has totally changed.

Baz has to move him to a different role or rest him to try and protect him and get him back to doing what he's actually good at instead of trying to manufacture him into the halfback he wants. Then again Baz compared Flanagan to Cleary so fuck knows where his head is at.
He is not a half mate. I have always thought he could be a fullback and a link man in our backline but I don’t think he is a game manager or does he have the kicking game for a half.

Barrett is out of his depth. End of.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ignoring the abilities, Lewis is a Half back playing a 5/8 while Avarillo is a 5/8 centre playing HB. The team would function much better. Overall the score did not reflect the game struggle. Sharks were gifted at least 4 tries to basic man-on-man defense.
Yea I can’t get my head around it he’s the better runner playing 7 and Lewis the better kicker playing 6 hoping there’s a lot of changes this week

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis is not a halves asshole

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is not a half mate. I have always thought he could be a fullback and a link man in our backline but I don’t think he is a game manager or does he have the kicking game for a half.

Barrett is out of his depth. End of.
Ever heard of Jahrome Hughes?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Needs a year in reserve grade... Honestly I'd even extend Biondi Odo and look to leave him in reserves if possible... Covid and lack of reserve grade has hurt us immesely, it's why Panthers and Storm are so strong now as they had their systems sorted before this shit hit.
We need to identify what is his best position then develop him in NSW cup. If not, he can play off the bench like a Hynes/Papi role. Extending BBO contract is no brainer, there’s something special about him.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The public being instructed and coerced to go along with the gutless shit fight rather than throw on the handbrake does nothing to help.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson proved to everyone what an asset he can be with the new rules. His motor and speed for a prop is unbelievable and he’s a great competitor. Put a few more good forwards around him and we can smash teams through the middle