Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Souths - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMFAO !!! Saturday arvo, beautiful day...

CROWD 14, 278
So where were you? Go to a game then. You live in Sydney and don't go to games, yet love having a laugh at the crowd size. Its because of dickheads like you that we don't get a crowd. I live 2 hrs away and today was my 7th game this season. Not talking myself up, it just makes me laugh you're always on about crowd sizes but just sit at home every weekend

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So where were you? Go to a game then. You live in Sydney and don't go to games, yet love having a laugh at the crowd size. Its because of dickheads like you that we don't get a crowd. I live 2 hrs away and today was my 7th game this season. Not talking myself up, it just makes me laugh you're always on about crowd sizes but just sit at home every weekend
Personally, I would. But I'm in Canberra, so have to settle for when we play here

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years I traveled 3hrs each way from the north, crowd rallying can lift a team for sure, bring the noise!
Exactly, instead of sitting in your lounge room laughing at the poor crowd attendances, get off your ass and get to games or shut up about it

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa is so slow
Being at the game and watching in real time really puts it into perspective
It would make a massive difference having Brown start then Woolford off the bench
He has stacked on to much weight to be an effective hooker
I don’t understand how our coaching staff don’t see this being a major concern
I was there to and I recognised just how much slicker and faster brown is compared to lichaa. Brown should start meaning lichaa G O E SSSSSS

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol nah don't apologise, just sounded like you thought I was having a go at you. Just letting you know I wasn't. Comment away!
Haha, Nah I didn't think that. But appreciate the post anyway mate.

Unless I get banned, I'll be around and spouting my shit for quite some time to come :laughing:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How did Woolford go today? Or they play tomorrow?
No NSW Cup this week. They are going PC this week and have turned Bi. :D

Since you asked @Emdog85 , I've spent most of my day relaxing because my backs fucked again.

I've got problems with a weakness in my glutes (due to being born without a hip socket).

As a result my glutes don't "weight bare" correctly, and instead all the load they should be taking gets put straight onto my lower back muscles.

In my example today I did it literally getting out of bed and putting on boxer shorts.

When the lower back loads up, it can't take the "weight", gets inflamed and aggrevates the sheath on nerves of the lower back.

End result is that leads to being in quite a decent amount of pain. Worst thing is nothing resolves it (deep heat, laying down, ice/heat packs).

Best way I can describe it, is it's like someone has taken to your lower back (just above your arse), with a baseball bat. I have done it bad enough before that I've actually been unable to move.

So yeah.. only thing I've been doing is hobbling around feeling rather average today. HOPEFULLY it resolves itself by tomorrow because I've got plans.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No NSW Cup this week. They are going PC this week and have turned Bi. :D

Since you asked @Emdog85 , I've spent most of my day relaxing because my backs fucked again.

I've got problems with a weakness in my glutes (due to being born without a hip socket).

As a result my glutes don't "weight bare" correctly, and instead all the load they should be taking gets put straight onto my lower back muscles.

In my example today I did it literally getting out of bed and putting on boxer shorts.

When the lower back loads up, it can't take the "weight", gets inflamed and aggrevates the sheath on nerves of the lower back.

End result is that leads to being in quite a decent amount of pain. Worst thing is nothing resolves it (deep heat, laying down, ice/heat packs).

Best way I can describe it, is it's like someone has taken to your lower back (just above your arse), with a baseball bat. I have done it bad enough before that I've actually been unable to move.

So yeah.. only thing I've been doing is hobbling around feeling rather average today. HOPEFULLY it resolves itself by tomorrow because I've got plans.
That sucks for you but thats a reason for today. That doesn't happen to you every game day when you get out of bed right? You told me yourself you don't go to games because you live the 'other side' of Sydney

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks for you but thats a reason for today. That doesn't happen to you every game day when you get out of bed right? You told me yourself you don't go to games because you live the 'other side' of Sydney
Nah not every day, but it's worse in winter (just another reason why I hate the cold). Probably once every 10-14 days depending what I'm up to.

I also don't attend games all that often because I am about 45 minutes each way from the stadium and only drive, which makes it rather expensive for a day out (say $60 + food).

In all honesty if I was going to head out this weekend I'd have headed to Grudge Kings and watched a mate of mine race his car today.

I used to be Kennel member with full parking pass etc (about $200 a year), but only used to make 1-2 games a year.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That I disagree on... Forget about price, think about the line-up. The thing about Hoppa is what position does he excel in??

Centre? Every time he gets the ball it dies with him. Not enough strength nor agility nor speed.

FB? Too much of a valuable position for a sometimes on player like Hop.

Backrow? Could be good in this position but he needs a few years to fill in and bulk up for it.

What else is there?

His a waste of space unless he can cement a spot in left centre because his a shit right centre.

Meaney ( see how he goes tonight ) Hop
Bergamin
Smith
Harper
Crighton

With Olive, Montoya and Katoa for depth.

This Is how we should be lining up next yr bar a few more recruits.
Well he was our best by a huge margin this round again.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah not every day, but it's worse in winter (just another reason why I hate the cold). Probably once every 10-14 days depending what I'm up to.

I also don't attend games all that often because I am about 45 minutes each way from the stadium and only drive, which makes it rather expensive for a day out (say $60 + food).

In all honesty if I was going to head out this weekend I'd have headed to Grudge Kings and watched a mate of mine race his car today.

I used to be Kennel member with full parking pass etc (about $200 a year), but only used to make 1-2 games a year.
Good luck with your back
Nothing more important than our health and wellbeing
Oh and the Dogs

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly, instead of sitting in your lounge room laughing at the poor crowd attendances, get off your ass and get to games or shut up about it
I used to make the effort getting 5 kids to a game the hour and a half travel each way these days i cant even be bothered turning on the tv .hopefully one day i get the spark back .mind you working 7 days a week in other states the only thing you're interested in at the end of the day is dinner and sleep

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well he was our best by a huge margin this round again.
He was not doubting that.. Just wish he could that from the backrow instead of a valuable position like FB.

He runs were good in getting us go forward and he set up a try, almost 2 ( finally ) but he also stifled attack half the time instead of creating and got held up twice when he probably should have scored. Another FB with that lil extra is vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.