Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Souths - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cook is former beach sprint champion. He has speed and acceleration to burn. Licha is an overweight plodder who can hardly raise a trot. And even when he does it is almost always sideways across the field. Cook to carve them up on Saturday - if he has any petrol left after origin. I am still bitter they let him go. Silliest decision since Thurston. And while on origin, for a young player, Klemmer looks stiff and hardly bends when "tackling". What is wrong with him? The key once more on Saturday is DEFENCE. Don't give me the nonsense that they had good defence under Hasler. They went downhill in defence in each. Defence is a weapon that has to be used. Look at Queensland last night. Learn how to win without the ball. That is what defence is about. You spend just as much time without the ball than with the ball. Move up - line speed - tackle with force - the play the ball is the advantage line. And while on force in the tackle, Force is mass times acceleration. If you are not accelerating (driving) into a tackle but standing still and waiting for the ball carrier, the force is zero. Worse, when the defenders start moving back towards their own line. The reason the Raiders scored at the end was because the dogs stopped moving up in defence.
Maroons line speed was unreal forcing Maloney to panic a chip kick from his own 20 lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that's a better option than thoroughly demoralising the team and whole fan base? ;)
This year being a ride off already, yes if it means we can get rid of him rather than keeping him here next year.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are all the people wanting to terminate the coach for not pulling holland off last week over a bruised shoulder. Like i said nothing was wrong with the pussy. Everyone wanted him in backline now we got him there unfortunately.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where are all the people wanting to terminate the coach for not pulling holland off last week over a bruised shoulder. Like i said nothing was wrong with the pussy. Everyone wanted him in backline now we got him there unfortunately.
If he’s a pussy then why is Pay picking him again?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just wanted the less shit option of him on the wing for Montoya.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be the first big test for Lewis and Ogden. Their forwards could eat ours after a bye and with Klem backing up (can't see Crighton having too much trouble backing up after his pussy effort for NSW). Then Johnston and Walker could have a field day. Our young forwards like Elliot and Martin need to aim up and Lichaa and Tolman need to tackle everything that moves. Can only hope and cross fingers for the right edge.

I wonder if Fualalo can make 1 after contact metre this week, cause he made zero last week. Playing like a deadset powderpuff. Even fat unfit Eastwood goes better, just!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Cook is backing up we are screwed.

Badger and some dud called Gough.
If it's Gavin Badger and Peter Gough, we are shot.

Peter Gough:
5 games reffed
1 win / 4 losses / 0 draws
Last win May 2018 vs Parra.
One game vs Souths and we lost.

Gavin Badger:
40 games reffed
21 wins / 19 losses / 0 draws
Last win Aug 2017 vs Manly.
6 games vs Souths and we have only won 2 from 6.
Last win vs Souths with Badger as ref was 20th March 2011, and before that 2nd Aug 2009. He has reffed games vs Souths in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2017.

Not positive signs.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why is Lichaa still in?
Just put brown in ffs.
Agree he had three good games for us last season and unfortunately we offered him s new contract based on that. Been rubbish since. Only looks to run when he can get his own numbers up. Never looks around to create an opportunity for someone else to slice through

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would prefer To'omaga over him in all honesty. Maybe even Jack Nelson (if he is in Top 30).

Priest is a mistake ridden penalty machine.
I’d actually prefer Fine. He would allow us to have cover at centre if one of the backs gets injured or has a shocker like we’ve seen in 2 out of the last 3 games. He could still play the same minutes as Priest does in the forwards too if there aren’t any injuries.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I’d actually prefer Fine. He would allow us to have cover at centre if one of the backs gets injured or has a shocker like we’ve seen in 2 out of the last 3 games. He could still play the same minutes as Priest does in the forwards too if there aren’t any injuries.
Either / OR works for me :grinning:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Cook is backing up we are screwed.

If it's Gavin Badger and Peter Gough, we are shot.

Peter Gough:
5 games reffed
1 win / 4 losses / 0 draws
Last win May 2018 vs Parra.
One game vs Souths and we lost.

Gavin Badger:
40 games reffed
21 wins / 19 losses / 0 draws
Last win Aug 2017 vs Manly.
6 games vs Souths and we have only won 2 from 6.
Last win vs Souths with Badger as ref was 20th March 2011, and before that 2nd Aug 2009. He has reffed games vs Souths in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2017.

Not positive signs.
Great, ready for the refs to but rape as per usual!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is Lichaa still in?
Just put brown in ffs.
Bro have you seen Brown defend?? I don't think you have... He cant do half the work Lichaa does, why do you think he gets hooked everytime.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would prefer To'omaga over him in all honesty. Maybe even Jack Nelson (if he is in Top 30).

Priest is a mistake ridden penalty machine.
I don't mind Priest, just wish he had more stamina. He hits hard, runs hard and lifts the team. The penalties come from fatigue which is definitely his downfall.

One bloke I cant stand no more is Fualalo, his become a shit version of Tolman.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone?? I wanted the guy gone asap which is why I wanted him to stay on the bench to pass him as an NRL player. Pay should have dropped him after the Newie game which would have had some clubs interested considering he showed he had some capabilities.

He, Brown and Hoppa need to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.