Official Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone in the backline has an injury or HIA, Averilo plays the utility role and wakeham plays in the halves. And if Lewis is having a shocker then he is hooked and Wakeham replaces him.
Yep exactly. We need a bench utility because all of our backrowers are too slow to fill in our wide if we get an injury

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At least Montoya and Holland were finally dropped. Hoppa should be in the centres though with Reimis on the wing and Meaney at fullback..

I hope Okunbur shows us something. And I'd love to see Averillo have a good game in the halves but he'll have to go looking for the ball and be vocal as Lewis will be dominating the touches.
I agree, Meaney at Fullback, Hoppa in the centres and SMith to the wing would of been better.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats what I thought. Cogger or even Kotoa would be better utility options as Wakeham can really only play 7
They can’t cover backline injuries though. If we have an injury 1-5 then Averillo shifts to that space and Wakeham comes on in the halves.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They can’t cover backline injuries though. If we have an injury 1-5 then Averillo shifts to that space and Wakeham comes on in the halves.
Cogger is a half mate.

I think it’s just about giving Wakeham a go more so than the best option.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better wakham as he’s actually here next year
Agree. Maybe you should have been in the coaches ear with that rationale while he kept picking Montoya and Holland ...

And on that note Chris Smith should be playing instead of Tolman.

But common sense ain’t real farkin common at the dogs. Hasn’t been for a while now

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool we got the Eagles, Rabbits and Panthers, should win those if we fend and offload, keeping the ball alive without speculators is the key.
Support the ball runners.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a stupid question - why is Wakeham on the bench.? How many other teams carry a 7 on the bench? It seems like a wasted bench spot
I reckon he is there incase dwz or Smith fuck up then Wakeham to 6 and averillo out to the centres, would be a shit move though avo can't tackle for shit in the centres

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone in the backline has an injury or HIA, Averilo plays the utility role and wakeham plays in the halves. And if Lewis is having a shocker then he is hooked and Wakeham replaces him.
Either way you just know that someone is gonna get hooked out of this back line at some stage during the game lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So are the people getting picked in his spot. All myths mate.. he’s there. And damn better than Remis or holland etc. that’s a fact. And unlike them. He is an always will be a true bulldog. Remember ,Just my opinion though.!!!
How many years did he play for the dragons? And how many for the dogs? Pretty sure he's a dragon mate.