Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First get it out of the way. Robbo and Chooks fans were non too happy with the last play. And agree its like the underarm bowling.
That's backyard stuff. Nough said from me.

OK I got what I was hoping for and a kinda decent game with a close score. Thought the dogs lifted last night and put on some decent tries.
I was hoping your blokes got the lead at some point cause I wanted to see if my Chooks would stand up.

But from your fellas that was a lift in performance from last outing but last time you weren't full strength. Was never expecting Chooks to run away with this. The Lewis try was sweet.

I know the Chooks weren't 1st division last night but the Dog have it in them for top 8 next year with adding Ado Carr & Burton, two very handy players.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@KambahOne you were right in predicting a close game. After the first ten minutes it looked like being another bloodbath but the Dogs did well to respond.

Even though they were missing their best six players, the Roosters were unimpressive last night.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
First get it out of the way. Robbo and Chooks fans were non too happy with the last play. And agree its like the underarm bowling.
That's backyard stuff. Nough said from me.

OK I got what I was hoping for and a kinda decent game with a close score. Thought the dogs lifted last night and put on some decent tries.
I was hoping your blokes got the lead at some point cause I wanted to see if my Chooks would stand up.

But from your fellas that was a lift in performance from last outing but last time you weren't full strength. Was never expecting Chooks to run away with this. The Lewis try was sweet.

I know the Chooks weren't 1st division last night but the Dog have it in them for top 8 next year with adding Ado Carr & Burton, two very handy players.
Still not full strength, Elliot, rfm, ava, JMK and okunbor make our full strength size..

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not full strength, Elliot, rfm, ava, JMK and okunbor make our full strength size..
How do you mention full strenth and Elliot in the same sentence.
The Bloke does 2 incredible plays a game and undoes all the work with 5 idiot plays a game.

Reactions: GDR

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
May be have to watch again but i thought there were still like 3 or 4 secs left when walker decided to take the ball out at the end. Shouldnt the clock be stopped and we have 1 last go? And why there was siren with couple of secs to go?
They will use the old, " time remaining on TV is not the official game time" excuse.
Funny though it's only when there is a little controversy at the end in a close game that the times are different. Any other time is very accurate.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you mention full strenth and Elliot in the same sentence.
The Bloke does 2 incredible plays a game and undoes all the work with 5 idiot plays a game.
I think he has been poor this year like every year that he has played for us that wasn't contract year.. sadly though he still shits on stimpson and Waddell

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's taken quite a while though.
He’s always had a soft spot for our club. Why wouldn’t you if the only premiership you have won is at our club. A few years ago he was interviewed on fox about the dogs, said some really good stuff.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@KambahOne you were right in predicting a close game. After the first ten minutes it looked like being another bloodbath but the Dogs did well to respond.

Even though they were missing their best six players, the Roosters were unimpressive last night.
Yeah good on your guys who by far had the better bounce back. They did bust their arse all game and could not buy a penalty. I can't remember a game where we've been so disciplined while being captained by the walking penalty magnet JWH. One of those strange quirks of the universe I imagine.

We were very unimpressive, even in the conditions. Our middle D is woeful at the moment and shows no signs of hardening up. Limping to the end is what I'm seeing from us.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t believe the smacking we got from many on here before the game and in the first 10-15 minutes. I had a big feeling we’d show up to play, I thought we can probably get away with a 4 point win. Given a fair share of the calls we would of got home. Even with Teddy and Crichton missing their team was far superior than ours. I’m proud to call myself a Bulldog, I’m proud of the coach, the staff, the board and all involved with the club. Barrett is not perfect, he’s human, but one thing I love about the bloke is he will work his back side off to get this club back to where it belongs.
And about the Dufty signing, it’s only a 1 year deal, there have been talks already with Paps for 2023. When we start scoring tries at will next year, I’ll be reminding a lot of the haters on here and those with no faith in our club where they stood.
I’ve personally had a conversation with our chairman and I like where we are heading.
So the ones that are sooking keep sooking and the ones with faith in our club stay strong.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t believe the smacking we got from many on here before the game and in the first 10-15 minutes. I had a big feeling we’d show up to play, I thought we can probably get away with a 4 point win. Given a fair share of the calls we would of got home. Even with Teddy and Crichton missing their team was far superior than ours. I’m proud to call myself a Bulldog, I’m proud of the coach, the staff, the board and all involved with the club. Barrett is not perfect, he’s human, but one thing I love about the bloke is he will work his back side off to get this club back to where it belongs.
And about the Dufty signing, it’s only a 1 year deal, there have been talks already with Paps for 2023. When we start scoring tries at will next year, I’ll be reminding a lot of the haters on here and those with no faith in our club where they stood.
I’ve personally had a conversation with our chairman and I like where we are heading.
So the ones that are sooking keep sooking and the ones with faith in our club stay strong.
After the first 15 minutes I thought we'd get blown out again. The body language and effort was poor til that point. I love the way they responded though. All fans want to see is that kind of effort. Even though they lost, they can be proud of how hard they played and unfortunately we haven't been able to say that too often this season.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet again our forwards were outplayed. No line speed when defending and the usual issue of not being able to get out of our own end. Until we have some go forward we cant compete. Roosters if they could have held the ball would have put us away with ease.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After the first 15 minutes I thought we'd get blown out again. The body language and effort was poor til that point. I love the way they responded though. All fans want to see is that kind of effort. Even though they lost, they can be proud of how hard they played and unfortunately we haven't been able to say that too often this season.
Take out last weeks game because of who we fielded. But the last 5 weeks have been really good. Add some stars to the effort we’ve been putting in and we start winning games

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Take out last weeks game because of who we fielded. But the last 5 weeks have been really good. Add some stars to the effort we’ve been putting in and we start wining games
Things can only get better DW.. Hopefully they keep putting in the same effort from last night and they can build some momentum heading into next season.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I'm happy with our performance. Was fully expecting to get smashed but credit our character, especially after going down 10-0 (although Roosters prob got a bit complacent at that point thinking it would be a cakewalk). 6 again rule is killing us this season. It's obvious referees come into our games with a pre-conceived notion that we'll be pushing the boundaries of the ruck and 10m in order to try and bring superior teams into the grind. As a result, the ref is oblivious to the other team in many instances doing the exact same thing. We win that game if we play in the pre-6 again era. Horrible rule that's ruining the game and giving already inept/bias officials even more influence over results. Other thoughts:

- Lewis is five-eighth remainder of the season. He's not going to play like that every week but his effort puts Flanagan and Wakeham to shame and that's enough to keep him there.
- Hetherington is hard done by a lot with penalties. Even still, he's a complete liability when the game is in the balance and fatigue and frustration start to set in. Teams know it and he's targeted accordingly. Baz needs to managing his time on the field better.
- Averillo having very little impact recently now that teams know he's our only running threat and are defending him better. He needs to figure out different ways to get involved. Get out of dummy half, trailing forwards looking for an offload, etc.
- I like what I've seen from BBO and Manu. BBO could be a real weapon if we manage his development properly and I like Manu's energy. He isn't the most gifted winger but the kid has grit and doesn't take a backward step against anyone. Much prefer that to the likes of Allan, Hopoate, Katoa, etc.
- Finally, love Jacko's effort but he needs to go to the Cam Smith school of ref complaining. I don't care if we lose 10m out of it every now and then. Someone needs to hold the officials accountable on the field.