Official Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Discussion Thread

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
750K "best prop in the world" according to Andrew Hill sitting on the bench for a team running top 4 ? "NO" a team running last in the comp
550K winger (re-signed as a fullback) can't even make the 17

1.3M down the drain and we're still looking for a first grade standard hooker after 5 years. Our halves and fullback positions are still up in the air also. LOL. We recently lost our best attacking forward to last year's Grand Finalists and looks like we might shed our best only experienced half / best attacking player in the team for next year

BRILLIANT RECRUITMENT
If you are referring to Foran as our best ad most experienced half, then your living in dream land, Foran is busted. You cant build a team for the future around a player who is likely to get a season ending injury any tick of the clock.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'm glad Hoppa is back but I'm still not sure where he's better suited in our squad? On one hand he's likely to create more tries for us at fullback but at center, he's solid enough to plug our defensive holes. Hmmm....

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats the harm in giving them a couple of games? Avo, Wakeham and Doorey pretty much went from Flegg to FG (they had a few CC games). The good players can make the leap from Flegg to FG. I'm not saying it should be standard policy to skip CC but with this year being a write off (again), they should be given a shot - let's throw them in and see if they sink or swim. I'd much rather have Topine than Tolman and Schoup over Lafai/Holland
Topine is a backrower and is too small at the moment.

Reactions: ATT

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meany has been good at FB, been safe and very brave as he’s taken some very heavy hits in that position. Still I prefer him on the wing while Hopa is fit he’s our first choice FB and it’s a no brainer that he’s named at FB. Meany has proven he’s more than capable on the wing and anyone but Montoya there is a good thing.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad Hoppa is back but I'm still not sure where he's better suited in our squad? On one hand he's likely to create more tries for us at fullback but at center, he's solid enough to plug our defensive holes. Hmmm....
Over the years I have suggested that Hoppa has great skills and could play 5/8 since he isn't fast enough for fullback , I know he is lacking in the kicking department (can Learn) but at the moment so does Foran, I am sure if we get a sharp speedy & experienced 1/2 to compliment him ( Maloney ) it could work...Food for thought !!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
June 30 deadline changed to August (not sure of day) due to covid..
Oh yeah that's right, thanks.. So can we promote new development players like Topine to play FG during the last few rounds? I thought the answer was yes as they made the rules more flexible last year so that teams could play more youngsters at the end of a shit season like ours..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah that's right, thanks.. So can we promote new development players like Topine to play FG during the last few rounds? I thought the answer was yes as they made the rules more flexible last year so that teams could play more youngsters at the end of a shit season like ours..
Tbh I'm not sure.. because topine is not listed as a development player, I don't think he's eligible unless we have injury issues.... If only injuries included being brain-dead.. then we'd be eligible for sure..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was Georgallis I wouldn't give a fark about giving young guys a game or 2 this year. The objective would be to win games to promote my credentials, so picking the best player in each position is hardly a surprise. Our opinion of what is best for the Bulldogs for next year is completely irrelevant, look after yourself first, particularly when they have told him he's no longer required.

BTW just because Hopoate has #1 on his jumper doesn't necessarily mean that he is playing fullback, ditto 14 to 17.

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So Jackson’s been playing better than rfm and Thompson ???
So averillo isn’t better than Holland. The same Holland who will be released at seasons end whilst avo is our future ?
Toomaga isn’t better than tolman whom has cost us Atleast 2 games ??
Meaney was going heaps well at fb
Hoppa first game back
This c*** fried and upset he hasn’t been retained so he wants to leave the club with the wooden spoon
Mate I agree Jacko is my on struggle street at the moment but the club made a decision to resign him for 3 years and as our captain and a young team with a lack of leadership I can’t see him getting demoted to the bench even though that’s where he probably needs to be atm. Who would you pick for captain if Jacko is bench? Hoppa? There is not a lot of experience there.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
01. Nick Meaney
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Tim Lafai
04. Will Hopoate
05. Reimis Smith
06. Jake Averillo
07. Kieran Foran
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Renouf To'omaga
11. Matt Doorey
12. Chris Smith
13. Josh Jackson

14. Sione Katoa
15. Luke Thompson
16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
17. Sauaso Sue

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For people calling for Schoupp and Topine to be named. There part of our Flegg squad, have they even played Nsw cup yet? I agree there potentially players of the future, but not sure if this years the time to blood them.
Schoup played in a trial game and ran strong. Was ok physically. It’s knowing how to read in defence where the young ones flounder. But in the scheme of things if we don’t get a couple of wins and are going to get the spoon we have nothing to loose with giving these guys a taste.

Reactions: ATT

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
To'omaga was literally our best forward and and he can't even make the team. If he was still injured then he shouldn't be in the 22 all together.

Katoa has looked good with JMK making impact off the bench and thats been changed as well.
Often players will show up in the 22 weeks before they are actually fit to play. Saw Foran in the 22 about 3 weeks before he actually returned. Seen it with other teams too. Dunno why they do it, they just do

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our outside backs cannot compete too small buying cotric is the start

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
01. Nick Meaney
03. Tim Lafai
04. Will Hopoate
05. Reimis Smith
06. Jake Averillo
07. Kieran Foran
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Renouf To'omaga
11. Matt Doorey
12. Chris Smith
13. Josh Jackson

14. Sione Katoa
15. Luke Thompson
17. Sauaso Sue
Pretty good line up, having hoppa in the centres gets rid of Holland
But c smith over rfm I do t agree with
I think rfm has been our best forward over the year

Other than that good line up

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hard to follow Warriors form. On their day they can be impossible to beat, but they can be awful also. Ive picked us to win this week, for the first time since March. Maybe i shouldnt lol, i might be jinxing us.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
01. Nick Meaney
03. Tim Lafai
04. Will Hopoate
05. Reimis Smith
06. Jake Averillo
07. Kieran Foran
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Renouf To'omaga
11. Matt Doorey
12. Chris Smith
13. Josh Jackson

14. Sione Katoa
15. Luke Thompson
17. Sauaso Sue
My side exactly, we would of won a shit load more games with that lineup. It’s a wonder how these fucking coaches get paid a fortune and can’t even pick a balanced side.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was Georgallis I wouldn't give a fark about giving young guys a game or 2 this year. The objective would be to win games to promote my credentials, so picking the best player in each position is hardly a surprise. Our opinion of what is best for the Bulldogs for next year is completely irrelevant, look after yourself first, particularly when they have told him he's no longer required.

BTW just because Hopoate has #1 on his jumper doesn't necessarily mean that he is playing fullback, ditto 14 to 17.

Go Dogs
Nathan brown has made a career based on the fact he bloods kids and builds teams so maybe sg should aim for the same.