Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Titans - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya has been copping it for a while now. The problem is not Montoya, its bloody Hoppa on his inside.
Put Hoppa in the reggies and give someone (anyone) a go in the centres. Maybe Holland.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya has been copping it for a while now. The problem is not Montoya, its bloody Hoppa on his inside.
Put Hoppa in the reggies and give someone (anyone) a go in the centres. Maybe Holland.
Sure you can blame some of the inside men but montoya is definitely a problem. Rushing up and in from a wing spot isnt always the answer when you look to be short on the edge . Sometimes you need to hold your width and allow for cover defence to slide and fill the gap...
The main one against the dragons, montoya rushed in on Lafai who had no intention of running and was being used as a link play. All that had to be done was holding his spot in the line and allowing our defence to slide and cover. The dragons obviously planned this move to drag montoya out of the line, which worked a treat.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s something with the right side.

Inu, lafai... I used to fucking yell at our wingers ie Mitch brown and Perrett for jamming in. But it must be a structure thing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think missing tackles in NSW Cup has helped his plight this week.

NSWRL claimed he scored a double on the weekend... only problem is Reimis Smith scored the first not Martin LOL.
He probably just fell short as mom in my opinion..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure you can blame some of the inside men but montoya is definitely a problem. Rushing up and in from a wing spot isnt always the answer when you look to be short on the edge . Sometimes you need to hold your width and allow for cover defence to slide and fill the gap...
The main one against the dragons, montoya rushed in on Lafai who had no intention of running and was being used as a link play. All that had to be done was holding his spot in the line and allowing our defence to slide and cover. The dragons obviously planned this move to drag montoya out of the line, which worked a treat.
He rushed in on dufty who swept around lafai.. It was the right decision.

He usually makes the right decision but is always a slight second too late which makes him look bad.

I blame hoppa to be honest.. He second guesses much more than Montoya which leaves Montoya stranded. Montoya needs to creep up earlier closing down the space between him and the attacking line which means he will hut plays down earlier.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa all day everyday.. Bloke needs to bulk up and head in field. He aint no backline player anymore and his not a forward yet.. His just not a good fit anywhere atm.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He rushed in on dufty who swept around lafai.. It was the right decision.

He usually makes the right decision but is always a slight second too late which makes him look bad.

I blame hoppa to be honest.. He second guesses much more than Montoya which leaves Montoya stranded. Montoya needs to creep up earlier closing down the space between him and the attacking line which means he will hut plays down earlier.
I was wrong in saying he took lafai. He did take dufty. But do u seriously think that he needed to come in here?
Screenshot_20180613-091134.png
Fair enough if hoppa is nowhere to be seen but this is montoyas fault. Hoppa is marking dufty

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was wrong in saying he took lafai. He did take dufty. But seriously think that he needed to come in here?
View attachment 6183
Fair enough if hoppa is nowhere to be seen but this is montoyas fault. Hoppa is marking dufty
It's a tough one.. He just misses Dufty that's why I keep saying he needs to learn to come In earlier and take the space BETWEEN the ball carrier and where the ball is going. This will shut down everything and why el.masri was one of the best defenders.

In saying that Hoppa did have Dufty marked but he was already on his outside when he got the ball and there was no way in the world he would have stopped him.

He would have done a barba on him.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a tough one.. He just misses Dufty that's why I keep saying he needs to learn to come In earlier and take the space BETWEEN the ball carrier and where the ball is going. This will shut down everything and why el.masri was one of the best defenders.

In saying that Hoppa did have Dufty marked but he was already on his outside when he got the ball and there was no way in the world he would have stopped him.

He would have done a barba on him.
We'll have to disagree with this one. Hoppa is already sliding towards the touchline and dufty is not outside him. If montoya holds with the defence and slides, i think hoppa has a great chance at making that tackle.
Heres another one where he comes in for no reason... why is he up on lafai???

Screenshot_20180613-093610.png

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We'll have to disagree with this one. Hoppa is already sliding towards the touchline and dufty is not outside him. If montoya holds with the defence and slides, i think hoppa has a great chance at making that tackle.
I'm not saying there isn't a chance but for me its highly unlikely hoppa was going to chop down Dufty.

I reckon there was a better chance at Montoya shutting it down but he effd it up.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s something with the right side.

Inu, lafai... I used to fucking yell at our wingers ie Mitch brown and Perrett for jamming in. But it must be a structure thing.
I said this the other week. No matter who we have on the right side. Always an issue defensively with the wingers. Montoya this year, Perret when he was there, Brown. Inu. Last time I remember being so strong on the right side was 2014 with Lafai at centre and Thompson on the wing.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying there isn't a chance but for me its highly unlikely hoppa was going to chop down Dufty.

I reckon there was a better chance at Montoya shutting it down but he effd it up.
Lets hope we can turn things around at belmore and play some good quality footy. Hard to enjoy the game when everything seems to be going wrong.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets hope we can turn things around at belmore and play some good quality footy. Hard to enjoy the game when everything seems to be going wrong.
It won’t click, I can tell you that mate. We’re half way into the season and if they can’t get it right now, it’s never gonna happen.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya again ffs, can someone hit Pay over the head with a shovel and knock some f**king sense into him, everytime I see this useless turd named it makes my blood boil, what do you have to do to get dropped.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit late now but a better option would be to have Mbye as right centre and Hoppa to fullback. At least Mbye can tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.