Round 14 team and game day discussion

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are some funny selections but I have no doubt there will be many more funny changes over the coming weeks. I think Barrett is in the ear of SG wanting every player in top 30 prove they are worth keeping beyond this year.
SG said he has not spoken with Barrett at any stage.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Montoya and Tolman make the list and No Jake or Renouf? WTF... Has he forgotten that RT was one of his best players in the state cup win? SG start Praying as your selections are going to need a miracle on Sunday! Thank goodness pretty boy got a 2 week ban cause no doubt he would have been picked to!

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I heard the other day that McGregor does not pick the Dragons team, the team is picked each week via a selection panel consisting of Young, Flanagan and McGregor.

I am now wondering if Mr G selects the team or is it done by a panel

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Avo is not 100%
If he played and got a serious injury when not 100% the kennel would say it was a nothing game, why was he risked, the club wasn’t looking after him etc

Remember when everyone blew up at Pay and Jake was stood down over coronavirus? haha

After Renouf’s injury he has been added to an extended bench and is a chance to play if he pulls up ok. Calm down

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Avo is not 100%
If he played and got a serious injury when not 100% the kennel would say it was a nothing game, why was he risked, the club wasn’t looking after him etc

Remember when everyone blew up at Pay and Jake was stood down over coronavirus? haha

After Renouf’s injury he has been added to an extended bench and is a chance to play if he pulls up ok. Calm down
Why do they release media saying avo was cleared to general public and then tell members something different.. seems a bit silly and unprofessional.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what SG would have to say not to get TB into trouble with Panthers
They asked him if he'd spoken to Barrett about next year. His response was "nah I haven't spoken to Barrett at all yet". Seems a dumb thing to lie about..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why do they release media saying avo was cleared to general public and then tell members something different.. seems a bit silly and unprofessional.
I agree if the info was the same but things can change and the releases were almost 30 hours apart too. I was told he’s hobbling around and it’s not like it’s a grand final qualifier. If fit I’d play him to work on his defensive reads while we are playing dead rubbers

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree if the info was the same but things can change and the releases were almost 30 hours apart too. I was told he’s hobbling around and it’s not like it’s a grand final qualifier. If fit I’d play him to work on his defensive reads while we are playing dead rubbers
Yeah I agree, not to risk a kid if not 100%... Also you are saying Renouf has been injured? But yet still in the squad? Big m said he was dropped?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, not to risk a kid if not 100%... Also you are saying Renouf has been injured? But yet still in the squad? Big m said he was dropped?
He’s been carrying injury. It was also evident in his last game

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya....sponsored by Remondis
How fitting...sponsored by a Garbage company. He even runs like a Garbage truck!
I just seen in the Daily Telegraph late mail that he has a knee injury and will be given up until game day to prove his fitness.

No mention of how long he will be given to prove his ability though. We could be waiting a while for that....

I actually dont like to bag him though because he tries his arse off. I look at some of the Broncos players that dont even have a go. But at the end of the day he is not a first grader and he shouldnt be in the team. Thats the coaches fault though and not his.

I couldnt imagine anyone who knows anything about rugby league suggesting that he should be starting over Remis Smith. So why the fuck is he ??

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Leilua has been cleared to play by NRL.